Barotrauma

Barotrauma

Acolyte Job
Cthulhu77  [developer] 14 Dec, 2022 @ 1:09pm
Talent rework/Holiday update
Let me know what you think, what you like, what you don't like. Some things were originally designed with the idea that you would only be able to have up to four of the prerequisite talents and only go into one talent tree. Eventually they changed that, but I decided to keep all of the talents and make some adjustments. I moved some things around and adjusted numbers and effects.
Last edited by Cthulhu77; 14 Dec, 2022 @ 4:07pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Shino 14 Dec, 2022 @ 3:44pm 
noice :swlaugh:!
zai.en 14 Dec, 2022 @ 5:54pm 
What does the "Once Upon a Time..." skill do? It does not have a description. I am hesitant to level it without knowing.
Cthulhu77  [developer] 14 Dec, 2022 @ 6:01pm 
Originally posted by zgantea:
What does the "Once Upon a Time..." skill do? It does not have a description. I am hesitant to level it without knowing.
Click on it and it will open up options. Gives you a backstory with their own effects. It is a way to kind of help fill out roles if you don't have enough people, or you want to role play.
Last edited by Cthulhu77; 14 Dec, 2022 @ 6:04pm
LEOwON 21 Dec, 2022 @ 4:02pm 
thanks I didn't know what "Once upon a time" did either
Skibidi Cumshot 22 Dec, 2022 @ 3:39pm 
seems quite good but overmind's bonus for 100 helm and medical is quite lackluster along with power of prayer,

i'd say helm 100 gives 15% engine speed, 10% pump speed (could strip code from helmsman talent)
medical gets the health from weapons instead,
then the bonus that weapons gives could be maybe 10% ranged weapons firerate and 15% ranged weapons attack power and they all get to keep their 25% total bonus.

not sure what a good alternative to power of prayer could be, perhaps something tied to herbalist like ragdolling near plants applies fertilizer over time or increased plant output but prayer in it's current state isn't useless like some of the pinnacle hivemind buffs
Cthulhu77  [developer] 22 Dec, 2022 @ 5:24pm 
Originally posted by Zeel:
seems quite good but overmind's bonus for 100 helm and medical is quite lackluster along with power of prayer,

i'd say helm 100 gives 15% engine speed, 10% pump speed (could strip code from helmsman talent)
then the bonus that weapons gives could be maybe 10% ranged weapons firerate and 15% ranged weapons attack power and they all get to keep their 25% total bonus.

not sure what a good alternative to power of prayer could be, perhaps something tied to herbalist like ragdolling near plants applies fertilizer over time or increased plant output but prayer in it's current state isn't useless like some of the pinnacle hivemind buffs

Power of Prayer will most likely get another change. The change I made was mostly a band aid fix since there was a huge issue I did not think about and I could not make it work the way I originally intended it to work and I didn't want a dead talent to exist while I was thinking about how I wanted to change it

As for Overmind I will think about it. If I do change it, the changes most likely won't include those since other talents already give those effects and I don't want to stack them up too much. I also don't want the effect to include the sub in any way, just the crew.
Last edited by Cthulhu77; 22 Dec, 2022 @ 5:26pm
Skibidi Cumshot 22 Dec, 2022 @ 5:47pm 
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
Originally posted by Zeel:

Power of Prayer will most likely get another change. The change I made was mostly a band aid fix since there was a huge issue I did not think about and I could not make it work the way I originally intended it to work and I didn't want a dead talent to exist while I was thinking about how I wanted to change it

As for Overmind I will think about it. If I do change it, the changes most likely won't include those since other talents already give those effects and I don't want to stack them up too much. I also don't want the effect to include the sub in any way, just the crew.

right, that makes sense that it wouldn't affect the sub i was categorizing the upgrades as if repair speed/hull repair speed was sub related but i forgot the overmind tree is all about the crew, so whilst they may help your sub it's not an upgrade to the sub
Last edited by Skibidi Cumshot; 22 Dec, 2022 @ 5:48pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50