Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Nanobot Build and Repair System
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Dummy08  [developer] 29 Jun, 2017 @ 10:39am
Feature request
Please feel free to put your request here. I can't promise to realize everthing, but if it is possible I will try my best.

Current pending requests:
  • Option to allow Janitor to grind unpowered grids only. (Disable use as weapon)
  • Make tiered versions of the block
    I'm thinking about that, but still unsure to either tiered or upgrade modules.
  • Remove range restriction from 'Walk mode'
    It would be no greate deal to do so, but what the mod makes PCU 'expensiv' is exactly the search range. As the game does not have a notfication system, the mod has to poll for changes and there it is a create difference between 75*75*75~421,000 and 150*150*150~3,375,000.
  • Long Range collecting
    It is exactly the same dilemma as 'Remove range restriction'
Last edited by Dummy08; 29 Aug, 2019 @ 10:59am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 207 comments
jTurp 2 Sep, 2017 @ 11:51am 
The option to toggle off the stockpiling of components. Or I guess it's more like a "collect all" sort of feature. Holding them is great for welding, but no good for a grind-only mission. Need to be able to drain the inventory when connected to a sorter-connector.
jTurp 2 Sep, 2017 @ 11:53am 
Also, for balancing, you should increase the component cost for the systems. They are kind of OP for their current cost to build.
BCMortis 4 Dec, 2017 @ 2:50am 
@jtdub85
Maybe have two (or more) versions of the block, with different abilities? For instance, have a Mark1 BaRS that can only grind or weld blocks connected to it's own grid? Then a Mark2 with a higher component cost that can grind or weld blocks within range. Maybe a Mark3 with the collection and cleanup features?

I would like to suggest a bit more options for 'fine tuning' how the BaRS goes about building blocks. For instance, I noticed that when using the assembler auto-queing script, even though it ques up parts to build one particular block at a time, tie BaRS actually spreads the requested parts among every block that uses said parts. This means that, for example, if I place doen first a refinery, then some upgrade modules, even though it ques up the parts to build the refinery first, it'll spready some of the parts to the upgrade modules, and thus the refinery takes longer to be completed since it has to wait for additional parts. This may be a byproduct of having multiple BaRS on the same grid at once, but it would be nice to have the option of telling them to fully construct one block first before moving on to another.

Raven Catcher 8 Dec, 2017 @ 1:17pm 
One thing I'd like to see added to the Janitor list of items is scrap metal. Seems to be the only thing it won't clean up for me. :)
Thraxus 5 Jan, 2018 @ 1:21pm 
For grinding, I'd like to see the option for "Nearest First". The salvagers I run seem to like to topple buildings which sometimes causes them to run away down hill (and destroy parts along the way). This is mostly only a problem in gravity though.
Dummy08  [developer] 8 Jan, 2018 @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by Mornadak:
For grinding, I'd like to see the option for "Nearest First". The salvagers I run seem to like to topple buildings which sometimes causes them to run away down hill (and destroy parts along the way). This is mostly only a problem in gravity though.
I've just added the option, to switch between near and far first. Hope this helps :-)
Last edited by Dummy08; 8 Jan, 2018 @ 3:22pm
Ramxius 23 Mar, 2018 @ 1:35am 
Can you also add the functionality to "push" ammunition and tools like ore and ingots. The janitor cleans up my corpses and my bottles, tools, and ammo keep clogging up the system.
Dummy08  [developer] 23 Mar, 2018 @ 1:22pm 
Originally posted by Ramxius:
Can you also add the functionality to "push" ammunition and tools like ore and ingots. The janitor cleans up my corpses and my bottles, tools, and ammo keep clogging up the system.

I put a option in where you can now switch immediately pushing of 'items' on/off.
Hope this helps
Last edited by Dummy08; 23 Mar, 2018 @ 1:22pm
Ramxius 23 Mar, 2018 @ 6:46pm 
it does...and you're awesome!

also...not complaining by any means, but the new xml feature to edit default values does NOT include an option to default to "on" for your new item pusher functionality.
Last edited by Ramxius; 23 Mar, 2018 @ 7:08pm
Dummy08  [developer] 24 Mar, 2018 @ 3:12am 
Originally posted by Ramxius:
it does...and you're awesome!

also...not complaining by any means, but the new xml feature to edit default values does NOT include an option to default to "on" for your new item pusher functionality.

Without to be a know-it-all :-)
The option is there (but I was to lazy to document it) and default is 'on'. (This default works only for new placed blocks, allready placed block will behave as before, with this option being 'false').
If you type /nanobars /cpsf you get an xml including all supported options.
Last edited by Dummy08; 24 Mar, 2018 @ 3:13am
Ramxius 24 Mar, 2018 @ 9:24am 
yes, i noticed new ones were default "on", but when i went to adjust the default value for sound volume, i noticed it wasn't in the xml. In either case, thank you kindly for all of the support you've given this mod. This thing really REALLY enhances the survival experience...especially for those of us who spend most of our time solo.
Grizdaberaz 12 Apr, 2018 @ 8:49am 
I think it may be unbalanced, maybe making it require more exotic parts like the jump drive conduits would make it more balanced.
Eternis 16 Apr, 2018 @ 1:33pm 
would be kind of cool if there was a option to prioritize small grid size first when grinding, could help remove disconnected parts / floaters before they become to much of a issue.
Last edited by Eternis; 16 Apr, 2018 @ 1:49pm
Eternis 21 Apr, 2018 @ 4:53pm 
also not sure if it would be possible but it would be amazing if you could paint light blocks and have the builder grind and replace or somehow update the block to its heavy armor version.

would be great for designing a ship then going through and armoring or adding a reinforced skeleton to it.
Fox paws#6758 1 May, 2018 @ 12:34am 
I would like to note that the device you created is simply excellent.
But you can ask you to add to it the opportunity to hack.
Last edited by Fox paws#6758; 1 May, 2018 @ 12:46am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 207 comments
Per page: 1530 50