Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Nanobot Build and Repair System
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Dummy08  [developer] 27 Jul, 2018 @ 10:15am
FAQ's / Trouble shootings
  • You can't see the block / The block doesn't show all settings in terminal
    First check if the block is enabled in your progression tree, otherwise you could either disable the progression in game settings or researche the need blocks.
    If this is not the cause, it could be the downloaded mod files itself is corrupted. In this case the file exist on your local / server mod folder but is unusable.
    The simple fix is, to delete the mod file:
    (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\244850\857053359)

Next time you start the game/world the mod file will be autmaticly downloaded again.
    If this doesn't work, you could take a look inside the log file to find out what the problem is.

• My newly placed blocks are immediately grinded
    If you switch of 'Janitor grinds neutral blocks' the new blocks should not be be grind any more.
    Background: Inside the game only 'functional' Blocks (blocks that show up in terminal) could be owned. Therefor if you place any new armor blocks they are 'neutral'. As soon as you connect an ownable block to an neutral grid, the whole grid is owned by the owner of the 'ownable' block.
    So knowing that, you could switch of the 'grind neutrals' or start your new grid with an 'ownable' block.

What to do, if nothing of the above helped
If you have trouble with the mod, in order to help, I would need some information.
In case of a crash at least a game log file and mod logfile.
In case of trouble while playing, switch off all nanobars that don't have a problem, increase the mod's loglevel (Type in chat "/nanobars -loglevel all"), let the game running for a few minutes, after that you could decrease the loglevel again ("/nanobars -loglevel default") and share the mod logfile together with a short description what you observed (+ the name of the nanobar having the problem).

Game log file could be found under:
"C:\Users\Usernane\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\SpaceEngineers.log"
Mod log file could be found under:
"C:\Users\Usernane\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Storage\857053359.sbm_NanobotBuildAndRepairSystem\NanobotBuildAndRepairSystem.log"
For reporting best use the pinned discussion "Bug Reports", for sharing you could use e.g. https://pastebin.com/
Last edited by Dummy08; 15 Oct, 2019 @ 3:14pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
TwiztidStyle 7 Dec, 2020 @ 10:30am 
do I just change
<AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>NoOwnership Neutral Enemies</AllowedGrindJanitorRelations> this line to
<AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>false</AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>?
Dummy08  [developer] 15 Apr, 2021 @ 11:57am 
Originally posted by TwiztedStyle:
do I just change
<AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>NoOwnership Neutral Enemies</AllowedGrindJanitorRelations> this line to
<AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>false</AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>?
No, you just remove the unwanted relations. E.G. if you only want to autogrind rubbish:
<AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>NoOwnership</AllowedGrindJanitorRelations>
JPnis 21 Jul, 2021 @ 6:22am 
Im running into a problem with having the blocks not show up in either progression or the game at all.

Troubleshooting: I tried uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it multiple times.

Info from logs:
2021-07-21 08:04:12Z:BuildAndRepairSystemMod: Initializing IsServer=True, IsDedicated=True
2021-07-21 08:04:12Z:BuildAndRepairSystemMod: Initialized.
2021-07-21 08:04:13Z:Localization: Disabled=False Language=English
Domaorn 13 Sep, 2021 @ 10:59am 
can you point a new person to a guide or such on how to make all this work? we have this on the server but want it in single player
Last edited by Domaorn; 13 Sep, 2021 @ 11:05am
Rebecca 16 May, 2022 @ 12:14am 
Hey great mod. Wondering what the block name is in the files so that i can limits the block on my servers. I have tried SELtdLargeNanobotBuildAndRepairSystem

And that dont work.
碧海与龙QAQ 17 May, 2022 @ 4:02am 
Where should I put the exported text translation? After the setting is completed, the error prompt operation cannot read the translation file
Dummy08  [developer] 22 May, 2022 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by Cayxie:
Hey great mod. Wondering what the block name is in the files so that i can limits the block on my servers. I have tried SELtdLargeNanobotBuildAndRepairSystem

And that dont work.

<dictionary>
<item>
<Key xsi:type="xsd:string">SELtdNanobotBuildAndRepairSystem</Key>
<Value xsi:type="xsd:short">8</Value>
</item>
14LoneRaiju 10 Sep, 2022 @ 3:40am 
hi, i am on a server and after the build system build 1/3 of my ship is stack in the green top and yelow botom 1 of 5 and 4 of 5 is green top and black botom colors and dont want to weld anymore, the welding animation is stack on the block.
The problem is only with 1 of the projections, if i start a new ship it dos it fine but this one is stuck is a large grid ship. Can i do someting?
Last edited by 14LoneRaiju; 10 Sep, 2022 @ 3:43am
dxo1a 23 Apr @ 11:25am 
endless ticking sound even when the volume is set to 0 in the unit settings and the unit is turned off
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50