Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

The Calm Before The Storm
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
SocialTroglodyte  [developer] 17 Apr, 2023 @ 2:18pm
Suggestions
The page for pitching ideas for potential future updates. Here is a list of ideas I've compiled from my to-do list along with many user-suggested ideas:

- More ways of indicating the player(s) of an imminent horde: urgent radio/TV broadcasts from other survivors during early-game before all the networks go down, moodles for each phase, watches have a timer that's synchronised to the countdown.

- Add a 'dissipation' phase to break up hordes after the storm phase.

- Trigger the storm through different game events to make it feel less like a scripted event and more of a naturally occurring one.

- Debug UI for debug mode.

- Chat commands for server admins to manually trigger events.
Last edited by SocialTroglodyte; 22 Feb @ 7:52am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Gordon Nick 18 Apr, 2023 @ 5:07pm 
Add a way to start the events manually
DerkOfLagen 26 Apr, 2023 @ 1:04am 
For the call zombies once option:
Make the sound that calls the zombies more in-game realistic, like a mini event that makes a sound that calls the horde. For example, the vanilla shooting sounds event will call these zomboids, not some magic wall-hack they have. There should be causality for them to come.
Also, this makes there hordes a bit more a part of the in-game world, because you could meet the horde randomly cuz they no longer walk straight to you.
DerkOfLagen 26 Apr, 2023 @ 8:23am 
Also, player should get notified abt the horde by their LOUD roars, not by sum sudden magic-ass wind that lasts for 3 seconds.
PsychaChi 16 May, 2023 @ 4:05pm 
Add command line lists for admins/owners to manually trigger a calm or storm phase. If it's already in then list it in the mod info.
PointxFive 6 Jun, 2023 @ 1:19pm 
Believe I have seen the idea floating around, but some form of in-game timer to keep tabs on the next phase would be really nice. Something similar to how the console reads out in debug mode, counting down to the calm, storm, etc. Would even be neat if it was a feature bound into wrist watches or something, like your survivor has set a timer or something like that. I had hoped I could see the console without being in debug mode, sadly no dice, but knowing when these phases are starting can help planning etc without having to manually keep track of time.
Handsome Jack 29 Jun, 2023 @ 3:25am 
Suggestion - call zombies once should persist for some time, since zombies, if they are too far away, will quickly loose interest. Maybe ping should be bound to the location of the player and remain there even if he is gone
Jasdan 31 Dec, 2023 @ 4:18am 
Add an option for the horde to have a chance of targeting a POI instead of the player's exact location, be it a mall, military base, supermarket, etc.
3lfu84 22 Feb @ 6:45am 
@SocialTroglodyte here my input:

trigger storm phase on helicopter events and expanded helicopter events 70%/90% chance
trigger storm phase on house allarms 10/20% chance.
trigger storm phase on cars allarms 5/15% chance.

checking allarms with betterlockpicking will be usefull

trigger storm phase on tropical storm events 15%/40% (or more climate events also good for save your stations scenarios)

Trigger a sort of calm phase (whitout merging zombies) after each storm phase (the storm before the calm kekw) for a better transition to the cooldown phase and allowing players rest
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50