Starbound

Starbound

Anom's Outpost Overhaul
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
AnomNom  [developer] 26 Apr, 2021 @ 11:17am
Bug / Incompatability Reports
Found an important (or minor) bug? Maybe have an incompatible mod you want to chart down, in order to get me to make a patch? Do so here!

If you're reporting a bug, include a pastebin of your log so I can check it out to see the issue.
Last edited by AnomNom; 28 Apr, 2021 @ 8:56pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 102 comments
AnomNom  [developer] 26 Apr, 2021 @ 11:37am 
Incompatibility List:

Minor:
Greckan Race Mod - Outpost Visitor patched into 2-Stop Teleshop, which no longer has functionality.
Spooky Tweaks - Prize Counter missing. Duplicated items in Beakeasy patched internally in upcoming update v1.2.10.
Stargate Invasion 0.8.6 - Dr. Lyllin incorrectly spawns at the Outpost Teleporter instead of the 2-Stop Teleshop. Would require internal patching on the other mod's end. Issue does not inhibit functionality of the mod, only a visual oddity.
Last edited by AnomNom; 16 Mar, 2022 @ 9:02pm
Silver Sokolova 27 Apr, 2021 @ 7:13am 
Originally posted by AnomNom:
GalaxyFoxes Mod - Contains a few separate dungeons that need to be patched. Appears that it will need a full dungeon overhaul, so it's likely that it will need a rebuild of the dungeon itself. As well, contains NPC spawns that might need to be shifted if possible.

Betabound! - Not fully sure if this one needs a patch, but it spawns NPCs at the outpost that might need new coordinates.

> Not fully sure if this one needs a patch

I've told you multiple times, how are you still 'unsure?'
Last edited by Silver Sokolova; 27 Apr, 2021 @ 7:31am
Talon 28 Apr, 2021 @ 10:28am 
Okay, where abouts do I need to go to access the Ark? Seems like something might be conflicting but I'm not 100% sure. I have this mod installed: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1770003616

Which this does alter the teleports in the Outpost and potentially might conflict. Also, I tried using my ship's teleporter to go to the Ark and was simply sent back to my ship. Will edit this if I'm correct.

Added: I am correct. If the 1.4 Improvements mod is installed then the Ancient Gate teleporter sends you to the Outpost instead of the Ark.
Last edited by Talon; 28 Apr, 2021 @ 10:32am
AnomNom  [developer] 28 Apr, 2021 @ 10:34am 
Originally posted by Talon:
Okay, where abouts do I need to go to access the Ark? Seems like something might be conflicting but I'm not 100% sure. I have this mod installed: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1770003616

Which this does alter the teleports in the Outpost and potentially might conflict. Also, I tried using my ship's teleporter to go to the Ark and was simply sent back to my ship. Will edit this if I'm correct.
Since the Ark is now a separate location, you'll need to either use the command "/warp instanceworld:monolith", or go to the Gate on a Lush planet and take it to get there. The reason you're unable to warp to the Ark is due to the fact the bookmark targets the wrong instance world and needs to be remade on the player's end.

I'll take a look at the changes that mod makes to the teleporters. Thanks for mentioning it mate.
Talon 28 Apr, 2021 @ 10:37am 

Since the Ark is now a separate location, you'll need to either use the command "/warp instanceworld:monolith", or go to the Gate on a Lush planet and take it to get there. The reason you're unable to warp to the Ark is due to the fact the bookmark targets the wrong instance world and needs to be remade on the player's end.

I'll take a look at the changes that mod makes to the teleporters. Thanks for mentioning it mate.

I actually did try using the Ancient Gate on a Lush Planet and was simply sent to the Outpost's main teleporter instead. 1.4 Improvements makes the Ancient Gate in the old Outpost a possible point to teleport to through your ship's teleporter, or any other teleporter for that matter.
Last edited by Talon; 28 Apr, 2021 @ 10:45am
AnomNom  [developer] 28 Apr, 2021 @ 10:40am 

I actually did try using the Ancient Gate on a Lush Planet and was simply sent to the Outpost's main teleporter instead. 1.4 Improvements makes the Ancient Gate in the old Outpost a possible point to teleport to through your ship's teleporter, or any other teleporter for that matter.
Sounds like some simple changes to different teleporter configs, I'll unpack the mod and take a look. Most likely, I can solve compatibility in the main mod without the need for a patch.
Silver Sokolova 28 Apr, 2021 @ 8:49pm 
I fixed what you broke. Remove Betabound from the incompatibility list please.
AnomNom  [developer] 28 Apr, 2021 @ 8:51pm 
Originally posted by Silver Sokolova:
I fixed what you broke. Remove Betabound from the incompatibility list please.
Done
Nexus 28 Apr, 2021 @ 11:00pm 
Critical:
Pixel Equipment - Will cause the entire outpost to be replaced with the Vanilla variant. Also causes crashes if universe flags are present. Pixelflame plans to fix it, but currently, it overrides the entirety of the outpost.

Moderate:
Vanta Race Adds a dungeon to the position the Ark use to be in, needs to be moved to the proper Instance World, as well as given a new position.

EP's Shadow Expansion - Large dungeon requires manual rebuild to fix. Currently spawns embedded in the left side of the meteor.

GalaxyFoxes Mod - Contains dungeons in need of position updates, as well as NPCs.

Minor:
Greckan Race Mod - Outpost Visitor patched into 2-Stop Teleshop, which no longer has functionality.

Note:
If ANY other modders would like to make patches for these mods, please do, I would love some assistance. Don't feel obligated though, I'll get to it eventually.

"EP's Shadow Expansion - Large dungeon requires manual rebuild to fix. Currently spawns embedded in the left side of the meteor."
So how can i go about fixing this in my game?
AnomNom  [developer] 28 Apr, 2021 @ 11:09pm 
Originally posted by Nexus:
Critical:
Pixel Equipment - Will cause the entire outpost to be replaced with the Vanilla variant. Also causes crashes if universe flags are present. Pixelflame plans to fix it, but currently, it overrides the entirety of the outpost.

Moderate:
Vanta Race Adds a dungeon to the position the Ark use to be in, needs to be moved to the proper Instance World, as well as given a new position.

EP's Shadow Expansion - Large dungeon requires manual rebuild to fix. Currently spawns embedded in the left side of the meteor.

GalaxyFoxes Mod - Contains dungeons in need of position updates, as well as NPCs.

Minor:

Note:
If ANY other modders would like to make patches for these mods, please do, I would love some assistance. Don't feel obligated though, I'll get to it eventually.

"EP's Shadow Expansion - Large dungeon requires manual rebuild to fix. Currently spawns embedded in the left side of the meteor."
Fixing it on your end is a bit of a difficult thing, but the best workaround would be to make a patch file that moves the dungeon until its floating off to the key, but that does require an understanding of patches and dungeon coordinates. Aside from that, ill get to that one after I do the vanta race
Nexus 28 Apr, 2021 @ 11:13pm 

Fixing it on your end is a bit of a difficult thing, but the best workaround would be to make a patch file that moves the dungeon until its floating off to the key, but that does require an understanding of patches and dungeon coordinates. Aside from that, ill get to that one after I do the vanta race

Ohhhh okay.
No worries!
Thanks for the speedy reply!!!
Nexus 28 Apr, 2021 @ 11:24pm 
Critical:

Moderate:

Minor:

Note:

Quick question.
When you say embedded, does that make it inaccessible and unplayable? Like how much of an inconvenience is this to the two mods?
I ask this because i'm wondering if i can still play with both of these mods for the time being?
AnomNom  [developer] 28 Apr, 2021 @ 11:29pm 
Critical:

Moderate:

Minor:

Note:

Quick question.
When you say embedded, does that make it inaccessible and unplayable? Like how much of an inconvenience is this to the two mods?
I ask this because i'm wondering if i can still play with both of these mods for the time being?
I'm not sure what on the mod's end is lost, as the shop is inaccessible, but I think the beakeasy is still accessible.
SmolestVee 29 Apr, 2021 @ 5:10am 
Okay, so just completed the 2nd/3rd story mission (Pagoda Library/Hylotl Artifact) and attempted to teleport into the Outpost.

There appears to be an issue with both the 2-Stop Teleshop, as it didn't allow me to teleport to it and vanished from the list, and when I attempt to go to the main teleporter it comes up with the error:
Exception caught it client main-loop (Object Exception) No such object names 'bigoutpostteleporter_main'.

Not 100% certain if it's an incompatibility with one of the many of mods that my friend and I are using, as we aren't using anything that makes changes to the outpost, so any assistance on this one is appreciated.
Koakuma 29 Apr, 2021 @ 6:47am 
There's a bit of an odd error that occurs when trying to teleport to the outpost using any other teleporter, that isn't the one on the ship.

"Exception Caught in client main-loop (AssetException) Error Loading Asset/interface/warping/remoteteleporter.config"

Im not really sure if this is an incompatibility or not, so I'll double check my mod list to see if I have anything that messes with teleporters. But last I checked, I don't have any mods that'd fiddle with the config to cause that.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 102 comments
Per page: 1530 50