Arma 3
MGI ADVANCED MODULES
PierreMGI  [developer] 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:37am
Respawn vehicle
discussion about respawn vehicle module.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
PierreMGI  [developer] 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:42am 
From Grandpa Gropes-A-Lot 1 hour ago
Would be nice, becuase i have multiple vehilces on one module, they spawn on the same location and dont move so when another respawns, they spawn in eachother and well. thats not good. though it wouldnt be toooo much of an issue without the playability after respawning if they did move, because i could just control the npc and make them move. thanks though, great mod. i do a lot of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ around with bots attacking positions, so this is really useful.
Last edited by PierreMGI; 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:43am
PierreMGI  [developer] 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:43am 
Grandpa Gropes-A-Lot 1 hour ago
https://i.imgur.com/lBGwEv7.jpg still getting this error btw, all my waypoints are set to spawn on an icon, except for the respawn ai which has shown it works before on respawn at starting position without a waypoint. ill get a mission file.
PierreMGI  [developer] 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:44am 
PierreMGI  [developer] 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:55am 
I can see your dropbox, folders to mission.sqm, but dropbox doesn't allow any dowload, neither .zip nor inner folder/file. It just says "impossible to open the preview of the file" (or something like that in French). First time it's happening with dropbox...
PierreMGI  [developer] 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:33pm 
Error on AI can respawn fixed (will be effective in the next update, soon).
so its good?
PierreMGI  [developer] 24 Mar, 2019 @ 12:28am 
wip Done.
Last edited by PierreMGI; 25 Mar, 2019 @ 11:38am
PierreMGI  [developer] 4 Apr, 2019 @ 5:58pm 
Players' vehicle are now taken into account. but players will not respawn by the respawn vehicle module.
This module will respawn only simple AI crew (non playable in MP, so not in lobby). Bi does the job for lobby units.
Dagger 4 May, 2019 @ 1:11am 
hi Pierre,
I have noticed here that my AI vehicle respawns in double. I mean, if I have it destroyed on battle then, 2 vehicles (instead of 1) will respawn at my base.
PierreMGI  [developer] 4 May, 2019 @ 5:42am 
@dagger What is the context? SP or MP, howmany players? Did you place 2 modules?
iji 4 May, 2019 @ 8:19pm 
The AI respawn module is great I've been hoping for something like this for a long time. I have a question about the respawn and vehicle respawn modules. Is it possible for to respawn a vehicle with its group, so something like a mechanized squad will respawn with its infantry and apc together?
PierreMGI  [developer] 4 May, 2019 @ 9:55pm 
@iji I had to split respawn vehicles and AIs but as far as tested them, the Ai can respawn module and the respawn vehicles are compatible now.
It's always difficult to think about all cases, with killed infantry before vehicle blowing, disabled only vehicles, crew who can leave vehicles for fighting and dying, (turrets or pax)... Who dies, when... and when you want to respawn who, where.
Just try both respawn vehicles and AI can respawn modules with consistent parameters.
I will not edit more modules for that. I will not try to modify a module for a specific demand. But perhaps, with more details I can help for an extra script to be run in init.sqf (as example).
Dylon2015 24 May, 2020 @ 12:47am 
Hi Pierre, i have tested your updated respawn vehicle module but sadly, there are still some issues. I even tried it on vanilla with only your addon installed but still, vehicles synced with the respawn vehicle modules always respawn on the death position even it its set to the start position. also, vehicles placed on the editor respawns even if its NOT synced to the module or checked in the checkbox. example, i wanted to respawn a synced EAST AI vehicle only and checked the checkbox for respawn EAST only, but WEST, IND, and CIV vehicles also respawns even if not synced to the module or checked on the module parameters. I tested it on Single Player Scenario. I want you to know that we appreciate your effort to perfect this module and we'll be forever grateful if you can fix the new issues. thank you so much.
FraggerNut 1 Mar, 2021 @ 9:18am 
Hey is it possible to have different vehicles respawn after different time intervals? For example a quadbike will respawn in 1 minute while a jet takes 30 minutes? Thanks.
Last edited by FraggerNut; 1 Mar, 2021 @ 9:41am
PierreMGI  [developer] 1 Mar, 2021 @ 10:39am 
@fraggerNut Eveything is possible... on paper. The problem here is to define a data table with what people would like for which type of vehicles. The very simplest way to do that could be an interval by type "car" "tank" "ship" "air". After that, more complex, something different for ACP, helicopter, quad,... and all personal wishes for the values.
I could add a coefficient (multiplying basic interval) based on... mass? (not sure it's OK for all mods), value? , threat?....
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 1530 50