Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns

SNES Reboot Alpha Version - OLD VERSION
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
ledeir  [developer] 7 Jan, 2014 @ 12:17pm
If the module does not start... (Dragonfall Required)
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can our our latest version in the Director's Cut workshop
http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317632217

Here are the troubleshooting steps you should take if the module does not start.
1. Ensure you are on the latest SRR version (1.2) with the Dragonfall/Berlin expansion. (It was decided to utilize this since most of our fans already have it since it was included in the kickstarter)
2. Ensure you have the required product pack installed. More information can be found here: http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=175642505 Steam users need to subscribe to the pack.
3. If you are using the non-steam version, publish the previously mentioned content pack locally.
4. Restart SRR and make sure everythign is properly updated.

If it still doesn't work after those steps, post here and I'll see what else I can do to help.
Last edited by ledeir; 23 Nov, 2014 @ 11:37pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Sneaky Turtle 22 Jan, 2014 @ 7:06am 
I followed the steps and I still get a black screen with music and nothing else, the loading bar apprears for 3 sec and disaprears.
ledeir  [developer] 22 Jan, 2014 @ 8:14am 
@Mad Villainy - Are you using Steam or Nexus? Do you recognize the music? IE - could you say where in Dead Man's Switch the music appears? What OS are you on? What version of SRR are you on?
There is a small percentage of people who trouble getting it to start, and I have yet to identify what they have in common...
ledeir  [developer] 25 Jan, 2014 @ 7:26pm 
I have noticed sometimes it takes a few restarts / downloads for modules to properly update. I don't know if that is related or not.
Thunderforge 2 Feb, 2014 @ 2:11am 
The prop pack should be mentioned in the description for the mod. Right now, you have to either dig through the comments or find this support thread *after* it doesn't work. If it were in the description, folks would have an easier time getting it to work.
ledeir  [developer] 2 Feb, 2014 @ 10:17am 
@Thunderforge - I definitely want to update the description, but I have yet to receive confirmation that doing so will no longer break the publish. Last time I updated the description it published as a new pack and made all the subscribers quite unhappy or confused. :(
stoopid_munkeyb 5 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28pm 
Using Steam. OS X Maverick, SRR version 1.1, SRR starts normally, I click on the subscribed content and it asks if I want to import or use a default/new character. Clicking on any option results in... nothing. Stays on the intro screen, plays music, nothing happens.
ledeir  [developer] 5 Mar, 2014 @ 11:38pm 
@stoopid_munkeyb - The most likely cause is that you aren't subscribed to the resource pack we use or you are subscribed but your computer hasn't updated it yet. (the link is available in the title post of this thread). If subscribing and making sure that updates doesn't work, let us know.
Zatos 7 Mar, 2014 @ 7:14pm 
I'm also having the problem where the module does not work. I followed the steps here, and did download the product pack. It does start but immediately freezes, and you can hear the normal menu music playing. You can barely make out the figure of Jake (I assume it's Jake) in the black screen (Im also assuming it's doing a fade from black in the intro). I'm running it in Steam on Windows 7 64 bit. I first tried this on 1.9.0 and now trying on 1.14.0 but nothing has changed.
ledeir  [developer] 7 Mar, 2014 @ 11:57pm 
hmm... i'll have to check the opening scene, maybe a trigger or something broke.
thanks for the info.
MinganIsABeast 10 Mar, 2014 @ 4:19am 
Same issue Zatos has, Steam on Win7, 64bit, SRR+Dragonfall, subscribed to this of course and the portraits & props pack. Start new game, load bar pops up for a split second, disappears, black screen with menu music and barely visible player character. I noticed this happened to a few other UGCs that were broken post-Dragonfall.
ledeir  [developer] 10 Mar, 2014 @ 9:24am 
There needs to be some variable I'm missing... Something to explain why it works for some steam users but not all. @MinganIsABeast - Just confirming, you are using the default character? a new character? or an imported character?
I'm wondering if its a problem with Jake himself...
Sulovich 10 Mar, 2014 @ 10:52am 
Same issue here, black screen, menu music, when selecting default character. When choosing a new character, the character generation starts and after that the mod starts ok.
ledeir  [developer] 10 Mar, 2014 @ 5:32pm 
Fixed. And he gets a powerboost too.
This freeze was being caused by the Jake "model". When I created my own using appearance numbers it worked fine.
He also was boosted to 53 karma starting (he may or may not stay at that level)
Deadhead 8 Apr, 2014 @ 12:56pm 
I have latest steam version, subscribed Portraits and Props (a long time ago). And I cant start this module, its just get back to main menu, after choosing New/Import/Default Character (no matter what I choose). Same repeats on my second PC.
Output_log.txt contain some error messages like :
(Filename:C:/BuildAgent/work/cac08d8a5e25d4cb/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)
LOAD [WARN] Unable to switch to project: 51a9844d633461e82400002a
(Filename:C:/BuildAgent/work/cac08d8a5e25d4cb/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)
LOAD [WARN] Unable to switch to project: 51a9844d633461e82400002a
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SaveManager.CreateNewSaveGame (isogame.ProjectDef project, isogame.StoryDef story, Boolean makeActive, System.String startScene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FileLoader.SwitchToProject (System.String projectId, Boolean prepareNewGame, System.String startScene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NewGameScreen.NewCharacter (.NewGameEntry entry, Boolean isHardcore) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NewGameScreen.OnPopupClosed (PopupContents result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
ledeir  [developer] 8 Apr, 2014 @ 2:16pm 
My best guess would be that you do not have the Berlin expansion. We gave it careful thought and decided to utilize it for the new props.
We wanted to avoid using the props so that people would not need to buy the expansion, but the majority of our fans already have it. (and realistically its worth it MUCH more than Dead Man's Switch)
We announced this elsewhere in the forums but neglected to update this thread with that info. (which I will do now)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50