Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Block Combinations V2
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Kham  [developer] 26 Aug, 2017 @ 6:55am
BCV2 Suggestions
Since there have already been a few suggestions for other combinations in the comments section, I thought I'd make a discussion where people can post their ideas to keep it all in one place.

I don't promise to add every suggested block combo but if it's something that makes sense then I'll look into it. :)
Last edited by Kham; 29 Mar, 2019 @ 4:59pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Would triple-combination blocks be feasible? For example, the glass window/button panel with a catwalk floor?

Alternatively, just a window/catwalk combination.
Kham  [developer] 28 Aug, 2017 @ 6:22pm 
Yeah so long as it doesn't involve two terminal block types it can probably be done. I'll have a play around with adding windows to the catwalks and see how I get on for the next update. If it goes well I can do button panel/light variants :)
Cool!

May I also suggest something else along those lines? A block that has a catwalk floor and is enclosed on two sides and the top by glass, forming a short hallway of sorts. Perhaps even with lights and button panel variants.

Asking, since I was wishing I had a block exactly like that with a recent build of mine.
Myst Leissa 28 Aug, 2017 @ 8:29pm 
I don't know if this is in the pack already (didn't finish reading) but I've always wanted a Passage-way Block with a door on the end that faces the Open Side (for elevators/turboshaft styles)
Noctre 29 Aug, 2017 @ 6:29am 
Could you add pilot seat with lcd´s on sides?
Kham  [developer] 29 Aug, 2017 @ 7:06am 
@Madman_Andre @JuStX2 both good ideas, I'll add them to my list. :)

@NocturneCZ I really wish I could add that as an option but sadly you can't have two terminal blocks combined, so things like Cockpit, LCD, Light, etc can only be combined with a non terminal block like a catwalk, armour block, window, etc. We just have to keep pestering Keen if we want that sort of functionality.
Hey Kham! Here goes....

Lights. Lights on armor blocks - ESPECIALLY corner block - Corner lights on armor blocks - Corner lights double on Doorframe - sensors on blocks.
@-=312th=- Buzzed Bear

Kinda like Kham said, lights and doors are both terminal blocks, and you can't really combine them. I agree with the others though, especially a sensor+block. kinda kicking myself for not thinking of that, with my love of automatic doors.
Since when are lights terminal blocks? Or am I using the word "terminal" in the wrong way?
How about a light on the slanted armor blocks? Can you put the Corner lights and Lcds on windows? Would love to see a combination sensor block x pillar.... Pillar with lights on both sides...
Putting the lights (corner light) on an armor block would allow to have the same effect as having them on the door themselves I think.

I am so loving this mod!
Kham  [developer] 3 Sep, 2017 @ 4:10pm 
'Terminal' blocks are everything that shows up in the control panel when you interact with a grid. Anything which has any sort of settings or toggle function as opposed to being a purely decorative block like armour or windows etc.

Some great ideas though, I'll add them to my list. :)
I've been working on a few new blocks this weekend, will try to keep adding more as I can.
Greatly appreciate all the work you are putting in.. makes the game so much more fun to build in.
Thanks!
XPModder 4 Nov, 2017 @ 6:22am 
I think a combination of stairs and a window on one side/on the other side/on both side would be good as well. So you dont need pretty much a full block of space between window and stairs. that block could also be aitight, so you could pressurize the room.
I was also wishing for a light on conveyor tubes - primarily the straight tube... doable?
Kham  [developer] 4 Nov, 2017 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by XPModder:
I think a combination of stairs and a window on one side/on the other side/on both side would be good as well. So you dont need pretty much a full block of space between window and stairs. that block could also be aitight, so you could pressurize the room.

I'll take a look at possible stair/window combos to see what I can come up with.

Originally posted by -=312th=- Buzzed Bear:
I was also wishing for a light on conveyor tubes - primarily the straight tube... doable?

I'm not 100% sure if I can put a light on a conveyor tube, but I'll take a look and see if it is doable or not.
Thanks man... Loving your work! Sure makes stations and ships a little more interesting too..
Oh hey... Pillar with lights... awesome! Both sides of the pillar?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Per page: 1530 50