Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Whip's Subgrid Thruster Manager
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Whiplash141  [developer] 3 Sep, 2016 @ 2:07am
Bug Reports
If you notice any bugs, leave a comment describing what is happening and I'll try to fix it!

Be sure to include your code version!
Last edited by Whiplash141; 14 Aug, 2017 @ 1:18pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 268 comments
voshond 3 Sep, 2016 @ 3:55am 
Hey i've been using this now.

I get periodical short bursts of thrust when rotating back to default position.

I am using Easy Automatisation for rotating the Rotors at the same time at the same speed to either horizontal or vertical position.

When i turn the ship on and the thrusters point upwards for lift up thrust they are fine. then once lifted i turn them 90° to point them forwards, this works and i see the thrusters thrusting me forwards.

now when turning them 270° to level them again the thrusters that point upwards now thrust half a seconds or so every 1 or 2 seconds making it difficult to land the guy.

i usually safety lock the rotors once the rotation is finished.

Since i am using a custom cockpit i just used a remote as Reference
Whiplash141  [developer] 3 Sep, 2016 @ 6:05am 
So is it the code messing you up or the movement of the rotors?
voshond 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:02am 
I'm not sure, the EasyAuto code shouldnt interfere with the thrusters them selfs since i never set them up to do anything with them. I am not sure if you are giving thrust to the attached thrusters at some point? How do you control your VTOL Rotors to a specific angle?

EDIT: Nevermind, no matter what i do the Thrusters are getting shortly triggered constantly. seems like everytime the timer triggers. I am using a few mods and non standart thrusters for the maingrid. that might cause an issue?
Last edited by voshond; 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:16am
Whiplash141  [developer] 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:34am 
Originally posted by sad Frog:
Nevermind, no matter what i do the Thrusters are getting shortly triggered constantly. seems like everytime the timer triggers. I am using a few mods and non standart thrusters for the maingrid. that might cause an issue?

Hmm... I know that the thrusters will "flutter" a bit when at low speeds. What angle are your rotor thrusters set to?
Last edited by Whiplash141; 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:34am
voshond 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:36am 
one 90° so the thrusters are pointing upwards for lift off power, and one to 0° to point forwards for acceleration power

this is the easy auto script for rotating them:

@Forward {
rotate lv to 270 at 15
rotate lh to 270 at 15
rotate rv to -270 at -15
rotate rh to -270 at -15
}

@Ground {
rotate lv to 0 at 15
rotate lh to 0 at 15
rotate rv to 0 at -15
rotate rh to 0 at -15
}
Last edited by voshond; 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:39am
Whiplash141  [developer] 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:39am 
one 90° so the thrusters are pointing upwards for lift off power, and one to 0° to point forwards for acceleration power

So are the rotor thrusters working when you use the movement keys?

If you don't mind, leave a blueprint or world for me to see the bug and I'll try and fix it :)
Last edited by Whiplash141; 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:39am
voshond 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:40am 
yes they are working, they just flutter without pressing anything, which is making the landing a bit thought
Whiplash141  [developer] 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:41am 
yes they are working, they just flutter without pressing anything, which is making the landing a bit thought

Ahh, yeah, atmospheric thrusters sometimes tell the code that they need to thrust when they don't actualy need to which throws off the logic. I'm looking into ways of solving this :)
Last edited by Whiplash141; 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:42am
voshond 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:43am 
Ah ok! yeah if you still need the blueprint let me know, but yeah i was using athmospheric thrusters (: thx for the response sir!
Whiplash141  [developer] 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:45am 
Ah ok! yeah if you still need the blueprint let me know, but yeah i was using athmospheric thrusters (: thx for the response sir!

Absolutely! :)
voshond 3 Sep, 2016 @ 8:51am 
Alright: http://steamproxy.net/id/martinherrmann/myworkshopfiles/ there is the vessel itself or the complete world. Thank you again (:
Whiplash141  [developer] 3 Sep, 2016 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Breeze:
Looks it doesn't work properly on planet.

What is the issue that you are experiencing?
Chuck 4 Sep, 2016 @ 5:55am 
Originally posted by Whiplash141:
Originally posted by Breeze:
Looks it doesn't work properly on planet.

What is the issue that you are experiencing?

You can't come to a perfect stop which cause sim's drop.
Major Jon 4 Sep, 2016 @ 6:17am 
It seems like the rotor thrusters are overridden with 100 % thrust for a few milliseconds instead of a constant thrust to maintain the hovering. That causes the ship to jump around like crazy, especially very light ships. No idea if there is a way of solving this issue though.
Replic 4 Sep, 2016 @ 7:04am 
Oh, I just wanted to point out that what grizzlybeer said, would be nice to have a even hover without it going to jump itself all the time :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 268 comments
Per page: 1530 50