Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Dress for Success
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Braven  [developer] 11 Dec, 2023 @ 7:48pm
Suggestions
Write your ideas for new mechanics and changes here! :spiffo:
Please keep in mind there is no guarantee I will implement the idea.
You can commission changes by contacting me on Discord[discord.com]! 💖
Last edited by Braven; 11 Feb @ 8:08pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
nurmayu 18 Dec, 2023 @ 7:54am 
Authentic Z has a white nurse dress, it would be great if that would count towards First Aid Kit too.
Jasdan 18 Dec, 2023 @ 12:04pm 
Sandbox options for allowing us to add any Cloth Item ID to a list of the cloth that gives out XP for a certain profession, as well as letting us customize how much of a boost they give.
lawsen 18 Dec, 2023 @ 12:52pm 
Originally posted by Jasdan:
Sandbox options for allowing us to add any Cloth Item ID to a list of the cloth that gives out XP for a certain profession, as well as letting us customize how much of a boost they give.

This would be awesome and it would make my suggestion redundant, because I was going to suggest adding support to mods like Lock-Picking, Driving and Scavenging Skills
It would be nice to have the 50% reload or aiming bonus on the AuthenticZ RPD Bulletproof Vest
Last edited by Raid: Shadow Legends; 19 Dec, 2023 @ 3:54pm
Bejasc 20 Dec, 2023 @ 2:47pm 
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2982807308

Would be great for support on this mod - I imagine most would be aiming or reloading.

+1 for Spongie's too
OKSasquatch 26 Dec, 2023 @ 1:06am 
First off, love your mods, I run a bunch of them and my game isn't complete without them.

Regarding this mod though, while the premise of "dressing for the task at hand" is brilliant and the XP boost aspect helps out in the early days of a run, once you've level maxed a skill the mod becomes pretty much useless for that skill and "dressing for success" becomes a moot point. Where this mod (or an offshoot/companion mod) could really shine is if it added skill buffs or reduced action times or decreased consumable costs/increased outcome yields for certain things more than the vanilla skill level, if done while dressed appropriately. Kind of like a temporary +1 skill point when dressed the part. For example it could do things like:

- camo gear lowers your sneak modifiers (detection and footstep sound radius) even more
- chef clothes makes prepared food remove 10% more hunger or reduces ingredient costs
- cop/army uniforms reduce aiming and reload time or lowers encumbrance for firearms
- mechanic/maintenance gear increases repair percentages or lowers repair consumables costs

Instead of "lemme slap on a hard hat and grind carpentry for an IRL hour then never wear one again", stuff like that would give a mod guaranteed infinite everyday usefulness. I'm a big fan of realism mods and after becoming a master carpenter I'd know that by being decked out in a hard hat and work shirt I would be even better at building walls and fixing doors than I would be if I did it while wearing a motorcycle helmet and firefighter's jacket.

I dunno, just a thought. I have no idea how easy or hard it would be to implement something like that. I'm a month or so into my current run and the skills I use on the regular are already maxed even without using this mod. I just discovered this mod and though a tweak like this could make for an interesting option for late game/long haul play. Again, the work you put into your mods is stellar and you're an asset to the modding community that keeps this game fresh.
Maybe compatibility with Small Town First Responders?
Mortazar 24 Jan @ 6:24pm 
Hi, Braven, first of all - thank you for your work, this is awesome!

Can you please add items to supported list from this mod?

I'm prepare code[gist.github.com] for you, but didn't found your github.
i already tested this - works for me.

upd
got error
----------------------------------------- function: @stdlib.lua -- file: null line # 10 function: everyMinute -- file: BB_DressForSuccess_Main.lua line # 628 | MOD: Dress for Success. [25-01-24 10:43:12.420] ERROR: General , 1706154192420> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index: 1.0 of non-table: null at KahluaThread.tableget line:1689.. [25-01-24 10:43:12.420] ERROR: General , 1706154192420> DebugLogStream.printException> Stack trace:. [25-01-24 10:43:12.421] LOG : General , 1706154192421> -----------------------------------------
on
{ itemType = "Base.Military_Jacket_Classic-Green_Open", itemSkill = {"Aiming"} }, { itemType = "Base.Military_Jacket_Classic-Green_OpenRolledUpSleeves", itemSkill = {"Aiming"} },

i'm not sure what is that means

Last edited by Mortazar; 25 Jan @ 5:23pm
would it be possible to make the Ear Protectors give a shooting bonus as well? Since they go hand in hand with the shooting glasses
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50