RimWorld

RimWorld

Rim-Elves
Vex  [developer] 31 Aug, 2023 @ 10:37am
Bug Reports
Report bugs here. (Please attach a full error log with each report if possible.)
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Inglix 16 Oct, 2023 @ 12:43pm 
Your patch for the KindInstinct gene in Gene_Patch.xml fails if any other mod has already added an exclusionTags node to that def. You should consider using PatchOperationConditional so it can be handled properly whether an exclusionTags node already exists or not.

Here's a log showing the error that is generated on game startup.

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/01fd19871304b5c78b68d926a36a6486

The mod that I had which was already adding exclusionTags to that def was Integrated Genes.

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2884115974
Last edited by Inglix; 16 Oct, 2023 @ 12:43pm
Inglix 16 Oct, 2023 @ 7:38pm 
Unrelated to my previous post, but I noticed when examining the info cards of my elves they all show a body size of 0.55 instead of 1.0.

Edit: Okay so after looking at the included source I can see that it's the Harmony patch used to support the Chemical Susceptibility gene which is patching the return value of Pawn.BodySize.

This does have the desired effect of making them far less capable of handling drugs and alcohol, however it also has tons of undesirable side effects since a pawn's body size is used in calculations of several other stats, such as meat and leather amounts when butchered, nutrition required to fill their hunger need, carrying capacity, and probably others I'm not even aware of.
Last edited by Inglix; 16 Oct, 2023 @ 8:06pm
Röstli 26 Oct, 2023 @ 3:07am 
Hi, it looks like Rim-Elves has a slight incompatibility with Integrated Genes, since both mods are adding exclusions to the KindInstinct gene, causing an error on start-up. Changing the Gene_Patch file so that it uses a conditional seems to fix it, and I've uploaded the fixed patch xml to DropBox if you'd like to use it:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/di2c26mdbe22k26kcomjd/Gene_Patch.xml?rlkey=9mqnoonxm3la1knsrjy6a280e&dl=0
N7Huntsman 9 Nov, 2023 @ 1:14am 
As noted in various other reports, elves with the gigantic gene have a bodySize of 0.55, compared to base humans of 0.8. As noted by @Inglix above, this appears to be intentional to a degree, but there are numerous negative ramifications to this approach.
Vex  [developer] 23 Nov, 2023 @ 11:54am 
Hey, sorry for the super late replies - I am currently working on changing the stat to not use bodysize and just inject into the drug ingestion calculation, but since I'm no expert in C# and life's busy, it's gonna take a little bit. Sorry bout that.
al9000 20 Dec, 2023 @ 9:13am 
Originally posted by Vex:
Hey, sorry for the super late replies - I am currently working on changing the stat to not use bodysize and just inject into the drug ingestion calculation, but since I'm no expert in C# and life's busy, it's gonna take a little bit. Sorry bout that.

good news: genes already have method to do stuff on drug ingestion, you can put the multiplier there instead
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50