Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Headcrab Takeover (Zombie Overhaul)
John Soldier 28 Jul, 2023 @ 2:11pm
Bug Report
thought this might be useful as to not flood the comment section with console errors
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
John Soldier 28 Jul, 2023 @ 2:11pm 
[Headcrab Takeover] lua/entities/takeoverhitbox.lua:29: attempt to call method 'AddEntityRelationship' (a nil value)
1. unknown - lua/entities/takeoverhitbox.lua:29
The Ninja Scout  [developer] 30 Jul, 2023 @ 11:39am 
Shouldn't be an issue anymore starting from the most recent update
Nexusshark 4 Nov, 2023 @ 3:16am 
I don't know what's causing it, but only when the fast headcrab takes over a host, the headcrab disappears during the animation, but comes back once it became a fast zombie. The other headcrabs work just fine.
The Ninja Scout  [developer] 4 Nov, 2023 @ 12:18pm 
Originally posted by Nexusshark:
I don't know what's causing it, but only when the fast headcrab takes over a host, the headcrab disappears during the animation, but comes back once it became a fast zombie. The other headcrabs work just fine.
Could you try to gradually disable your other mods and see at which point it works fine so that I can look into it?
Nexusshark 4 Nov, 2023 @ 12:49pm 
Originally posted by The Ninja Scout:
Could you try to gradually disable your other mods and see at which point it works fine so that I can look into it?
I did, and it still has the same problems
The Ninja Scout  [developer] 4 Nov, 2023 @ 4:15pm 
So it happens even if you only have this singular mod installed?
Nexusshark 5 Nov, 2023 @ 1:28am 
So it happens even if you only have this singular mod installed?
Yes. I tried everything I could think of. That's why I'm asking for help.
The Ninja Scout  [developer] 5 Nov, 2023 @ 7:31am 
I truly have no idea then, do you think you may have some legacy mods installed directly into your garry's mods mod directory as regular folders?
Try verifying your game files as well.
Nexusshark 5 Nov, 2023 @ 9:47am 
I truly have no idea then, do you think you may have some legacy mods installed directly into your garry's mods mod directory as regular folders?
Try verifying your game files as well.
The only things I had there were the VJ Black Mesa NPCs and the content files for fixing errors like CSS and HL1. But even with removing them the problem still occurs...
The Ninja Scout  [developer] 5 Nov, 2023 @ 11:53pm 
The only things I had there were the VJ Black Mesa NPCs and the content files for fixing errors like CSS and HL1. But even with removing them the problem still occurs...

Can you try spawning in the "headcrabtakeoveranimation" model included in this mod and fiddle with its body groups to see if you can get the fast headcrab model to show up?
Also, type "r_drawothermodels 2" in the console to verify that the fast headcrab model is indeed there, but just invisible.

Other than that I truly have no idea what would be causing this, as it works fine for me... The only other thing I could think of is maybe it has to do with your operating system, could you tell me which one you're using?
Nexusshark 6 Nov, 2023 @ 12:01am 

Can you try spawning in the "headcrabtakeoveranimation" model included in this mod and fiddle with its body groups to see if you can get the fast headcrab model to show up?
Also, type "r_drawothermodels 2" in the console to verify that the fast headcrab model is indeed there, but just invisible.

Other than that I truly have no idea what would be causing this, as it works fine for me... The only other thing I could think of is maybe it has to do with your operating system, could you tell me which one you're using?
Ok so...the fast headcrab model IS actually there...just invisible.... And I don't know what you mean with operating system, but I'm using Gmod x86-64 if that helps.
Last edited by Nexusshark; 6 Nov, 2023 @ 12:08am
The Ninja Scout  [developer] 6 Nov, 2023 @ 1:30am 
Ok so...the fast headcrab model IS actually there...just invisible.... And I don't know what you mean with operating system, but I'm using Gmod x86-64 if that helps.

By that I mean, are you using Windows, Linux or Mac?
Nexusshark 6 Nov, 2023 @ 1:36am 

Windows.
Nexusshark 10 Nov, 2023 @ 8:15am 

The newest screenshots are the proof of what's wrong...
https://steamproxy.net/profiles/76561197982860849/screenshots/
I don't know what to do anymore...
The Ninja Scout  [developer] 10 Nov, 2023 @ 9:03am 

The newest screenshots are the proof of what's wrong...
https://steamproxy.net/profiles/76561197982860849/screenshots/
I don't know what to do anymore...
Added for quicker/easier communication
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
Per page: 1530 50