Arma 3
GAMMA (SP/NO MODS!)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
29/P4TCH3R  [developer] 24 May, 2023 @ 6:18am
Feedback here please!
If you have any feedback for the mission, please post it in here!
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Hans(z) 25 May, 2023 @ 10:45am 
Again, nice work!

So I died a lot! Seems to me, that AI have some superpower... I died almost everytime bullet was shot in my direction, do you tweaked AI accuracy or spotting abilities? They saw me through every hand placed object you put on map, one time I was seen, then killed through 2 walls of the hut...
Trackers are fine, but they went to green base when I was out and they killed like 3 of them even before last attack. I would make greenfor guys invunerable until the last attack on base.
Also driver in the truck didn't wait for all soldiers, maybe 5 went on foot.
I think my game stutter everytime somebody shot at me, I don't know what was the cause of the stutter.
Maybe I would delete APCs from first village near the green base to make it harder to move between base and coms center. This would definitely make trackers shine, because player would be forced to move on foot.
29/P4TCH3R  [developer] 25 May, 2023 @ 10:50am 
Originally posted by Hans(z):
Again, nice work!

So I died a lot! Seems to me, that AI have some superpower... I died almost everytime bullet was shot in my direction, do you tweaked AI accuracy or spotting abilities? They saw me through every hand placed object you put on map, one time I was seen, then killed through 2 walls of the hut...
Trackers are fine, but they went to green base when I was out and they killed like 3 of them even before last attack. I would make greenfor guys invunerable until the last attack on base.
I think my game stutter everytime somebody shot at me, I don't know what was the cause of the stutter.
Maybe I would delete APCs from first village near the green base to make it harder to move between base and coms center. This would definitely make trackers shine, because player would be forced to move on foot.
1. Haven't changed the AI at all. Gonna make them a bit weaker though!
2. Noted, gonna change the tracker area slightly and make RLF soldiers not able to die till siege.
3. Noted, should not happen - where they outside the truck from the beginning?
4. What are you graphics settings + viewdistance? (And also any mods?)
5. Noted, gonna change out the APC to maybe a bike at max.
Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by 29/P4TCH3R; 25 May, 2023 @ 10:50am
29/P4TCH3R  [developer] 25 May, 2023 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by 29j2003/The_P4TCH3R:
Again, nice work!

1. Haven't changed the AI at all. Gonna make them a bit weaker though!
2. Noted, gonna change the tracker area slightly and make RLF soldiers not able to die till siege.
3. Noted, should not happen - where they outside the truck from the beginning?
4. What are you graphics settings + viewdistance? (And also any mods?)
5. Noted, gonna change out the APC to maybe a bike at max.
Thanks for the feedback!
1. Done.
2. Done.
3. Waiting response, though could have been fixed too with a change.
4. Waiting response. Some measures have been done though to improve performance.
5. Done.
Hans(z) 25 May, 2023 @ 11:37pm 
3) When I returned from "destroy coms" mission, they were outside of the base, and outside of the truck, only driver and passenger next to him were in truck.
4) I played without any addons, only PF CDLC loaded.
I have pretty much every setting maxed out, view distances are 2200 and 2000, but I have only several months old PC, which I built mainly for playing Arma 3. I haven't had any problem with other missions so far.
29/P4TCH3R  [developer] 26 May, 2023 @ 12:53am 
3) When I returned from "destroy coms" mission, they were outside of the base, and outside of the truck, only driver and passenger next to him were in truck.
4) I played without any addons, only PF CDLC loaded.
I have pretty much every setting maxed out, view distances are 2200 and 2000, but I have only several months old PC, which I built mainly for playing Arma 3. I haven't had any problem with other missions so far.
3. I guess it is the truck you enter right? Could be fixed.
4. Noted, though personal testing on my rig and Playtest of others revealed no real performance problems IIRC.
Hans(z) 26 May, 2023 @ 5:49am 
3) yes
4) I'll play again, since it is fun mission, I'll turn view distances lower and report anything new.
snafu 26 May, 2023 @ 6:12am 
Overall really great mission. some things that I think that could bring it to an even greater quality:
As said by others, some of the enemy AI seem a bit too OP. More so the ones in the 1st cave and river side base, they have that kinda laser AI aim, might be worth it too reduce their aiming precision skills.
One of the friendly Laotian that join your group got stuck in one the Laotian camp hut, I suggest making them spawn outside the camp, or teleport them once the player gets the objective to attack the riverside base to prevent them from getting stuck (I had a cheat mode so I unstick him with zeus)
Some of the lines from the wounded guy and the Laotian commander could have their volume/db lowered (i think its possible to set the decibels of the files lower in the description.ext file), they just seemed louder than the main character voice line.
I would change the maiun character face/identity, as he has that "military haircut" shaved on the side, but it doesn't really seem to fit the whole CIA agent vibe, and I tinhk it looks kinda weird with the headband he has. That might just be my personal preference though^^
Finally, I think the final attack could use some help for the laotionan as they get pretty much wrecked trying to get into the vamp. Maybe a small mortar barrage in the camp or set a few of them to invicible until they get inside the camp. Otherwise the player has to clear the camp alone and its isnt as much fun I think.
These are really mostly nitpickings, overall this is one of the best quality SP scenario I've played, amazing work!

PS: Forgot one last thing, the scenario could be a bit more optimised, with zeus I could see there were a fair amount of AI alone in their own group, my advice would be to keep as low amount of group as you can, AI group leader take more CPU resources than non AI group leader, so if you have many AI alone in their own group it will tank the FPS. That and also maybe using deletevehicle to remove anything that isn't useful anymore once the player gets to the next objective (for exemple removing all the crashite objects once the player gets to the laotion camp and so forth).
Last edited by snafu; 26 May, 2023 @ 6:16am
29/P4TCH3R  [developer] 26 May, 2023 @ 7:27am 
Originally posted by snafu:
Overall really great mission. some things that I think that could bring it to an even greater quality:
As said by others, some of the enemy AI seem a bit too OP. More so the ones in the 1st cave and river side base, they have that kinda laser AI aim, might be worth it too reduce their aiming precision skills.
One of the friendly Laotian that join your group got stuck in one the Laotian camp hut, I suggest making them spawn outside the camp, or teleport them once the player gets the objective to attack the riverside base to prevent them from getting stuck (I had a cheat mode so I unstick him with zeus)
Some of the lines from the wounded guy and the Laotian commander could have their volume/db lowered (i think its possible to set the decibels of the files lower in the description.ext file), they just seemed louder than the main character voice line.
I would change the maiun character face/identity, as he has that "military haircut" shaved on the side, but it doesn't really seem to fit the whole CIA agent vibe, and I tinhk it looks kinda weird with the headband he has. That might just be my personal preference though^^
Finally, I think the final attack could use some help for the laotionan as they get pretty much wrecked trying to get into the vamp. Maybe a small mortar barrage in the camp or set a few of them to invicible until they get inside the camp. Otherwise the player has to clear the camp alone and its isnt as much fun I think.
These are really mostly nitpickings, overall this is one of the best quality SP scenario I've played, amazing work!

PS: Forgot one last thing, the scenario could be a bit more optimised, with zeus I could see there were a fair amount of AI alone in their own group, my advice would be to keep as low amount of group as you can, AI group leader take more CPU resources than non AI group leader, so if you have many AI alone in their own group it will tank the FPS. That and also maybe using deletevehicle to remove anything that isn't useful anymore once the player gets to the next objective (for exemple removing all the crashite objects once the player gets to the laotion camp and so forth).
1. Noted - already reduced to 20 and 30. Gonna reduce it now a bit more.
2. Noted and known - general testing showed that it generally works well enough with existing pathing props placed, gonna check it how I could change it without teleporting or having them outside.
3. Noted and known - it was a compromise in the end, for me personally they are just perfect.
4. Noted, gonna take a look at it - but unlikely for now.
5. Noted - going to try something this week.
6. Noted - Some deletvehicle is already being used, but also dynamic simulation (150m activation) which should already result in better performance. I generally don't like the idea of having them removed, as the player can always revisit the areas.
Thanks for playing and for the feedback!
Last edited by 29/P4TCH3R; 26 May, 2023 @ 7:29am
29/P4TCH3R  [developer] 27 May, 2023 @ 5:21am 
Incorpereated feedback:
1. Reduced overall even more and specificly also reduced certain skills even more.
2. Added some new pathing objects and some invisibel walls to help the AI navigate better.
3. -
4. Letting it be as it is for now - would require re-shooting intro and I do not have the files anymore for the video project.
5. Combined with change 1. and also added three mortar strikes at the beginning of the assault.
6. Added gabarge collector, grouped the remaining units together and done some other things.
Thanks again for the feedback.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50