Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

The Calm Before The Storm
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
SocialTroglodyte  [developer] 22 Oct, 2023 @ 6:47pm
FAQ
This discussion aims to provide a convenient list of frequently asked questions regarding the mod that often get buried over time. Please read thoroughly before asking questions, as it may already be on this list. This will be updated over time when more questions are asked or to provide clarity if needed.

Q: Why doesn't the horde show up?
A: It's likely that you have the storm phase set too short and the horde distance set too far, so the zombies will spend the entirety of the storm phase travelling a great distance to get to the player, only for them to lose interest and never show up. When adjusting the horde distance, I recommend increasing the storm phase duration to account for the time needed for the hordes to travel.

Q: Can I load this onto an existing save?
A: Yes.

Q: Does this spawn zombies?
A: No. This mod does not spawn a single zombie like they do in Horde Night. The mod takes advantage of the zombie's path-finding by drawing noise to a position away from the player and clumping them together.

Q: How can I disable/limit the zombie's knowledge of my location?
A: You can do this by using the 'Storm Phase Update Frequency' option by setting it to an exaggerated value. This setting changes the interval in which zombies are pinged to your location every in-game minutes. (e.g. Setting it to 15 will call zombies every 15 minutes, etc).

Q: How can I disable different phases?
A: Setting any of the phase's duration values to zero will disable them.

Q: Why are the sandbox options not showing up when editing a multiplayer config?
A: You have to enable the mod through the mod menu on the title screen. The same goes for every other mod.

Q: How can I trigger different phases manually?
A: As of right now, this can only be done in debug mode via the lua console. A list of valid commands can be seen below.
Command
Description
CBTSData.SetPhase(input)
Allows you to manually change the phases. Valid inputs are: "cooldown", "calm", and "storm"
CBTSData.SetCounter(value)
Sets the cycle counter to a specified value in minutes
CBTSData.SetCounterInHours(value)
Works like the previous command, except it multiplies the specified value by 60
CBTSData.SetPaused(true/false)
Pauses the cycle counter to its current value. This does not interfere with zombie behaviour.
Last edited by SocialTroglodyte; 24 Jun @ 3:12pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Mc Roidaaar 9 Dec, 2023 @ 2:06am 
Hey, quick question. Does the counter restart if your char dies in "SP"?
SocialTroglodyte  [developer] 9 Dec, 2023 @ 7:33am 
Originally posted by Mc Roidaaar:
Hey, quick question. Does the counter restart if your char dies in "SP"?

Nope
Does the Radius affect the amount of zombies that are in the horde? Because I can't seem to notice (Mainly due to the forest surrounding the building)
SocialTroglodyte  [developer] 10 Dec, 2023 @ 6:23am 
Originally posted by Boris is here to help:
Does the Radius affect the amount of zombies that are in the horde? Because I can't seem to notice (Mainly due to the forest surrounding the building)

Yes it does
Jasdan 31 Dec, 2023 @ 4:22am 
Is there any feature for the horde to disperse after the storm has passed?
Could I disable the automatice triggers for the cycles and just trigger them manually (so I can make the mod work with the default settings without relying on a counter?)
Akselis 21 Jan @ 4:07am 
Been using the mod in co-op, first wave worked fine, but I altered a couple values in the config a few ingame days after the horde and it seems that the second one is a little late. Does altering values reset the timers?

I was also wondering how the logger works, cause it doesn't seem to output any information in the chat, nor the server log files. Thanks!:2016roasted:
SocialTroglodyte  [developer] 21 Jan @ 8:35am 
Originally posted by Akselis:
Been using the mod in co-op, first wave worked fine, but I altered a couple values in the config a few ingame days after the horde and it seems that the second one is a little late. Does altering values reset the timers?

I was also wondering how the logger works, cause it doesn't seem to output any information in the chat, nor the server log files. Thanks!:2016roasted:

The timer stays the same value when you update the sandbox config.

As for the logger, the output does not show up in the chat, only the lua console and the server logs. By default, the logs are disabled to prevent clutter from flooding the console. You can enable it by ticking 'Enable Logging'. You can also change how often it prints to the console with the 'Console Output Delay' option.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50