Total War: WARHAMMER III

Total War: WARHAMMER III

Recruit Defeated Legendary Lords
Satori 15 Sep, 2022 @ 3:04am
Notification appears, but can't recruit any new Legendary Lords
Topic. This is actually very game breaking and ruins the game completely because the AI can still recruit defeated legendary lords but me, the player cannot.

So they get a massive, unfair advantage as they can recruit (for example) a level 30 Fay Enchantress into their army but when a Skaven lord is defeated I can't recruit him.

This bug wrecked my save unfortunately, now I have to start from scratch.

Disabling the mod for now until this is fixed.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
sm0kin  [developer] 17 Sep, 2022 @ 8:43am 
What faction did you play as, what lords did you get notifications for, are they in the recruitment pool but wounded or not at all?
The more information I get the earlier I can reproduce your issue and hopefully fix it.
Satori 17 Sep, 2022 @ 11:19am 
I was playing as Ikit Claw, I got notifications for several defeated skaven and non-skaven lords (10+ total lords). I don't remember which ones specifically, but I was like 50+ turns into the game before throwing in the towel.

They didn't appear in the recruitment pool at all, there was nothing there. Not even as wounded or anything. All it would show was regular lords, I thought maybe you put them in a separate tab or something because there was literally nothing there the whole time.

Thanks for the reply.
imperator117 18 Sep, 2022 @ 2:32pm 
Actually i will add my experience too( which is very similar to yours): i was playing a ROR campain with Festus, i get the notification about the destruction of Wintertooth, but after 5 turns( when the game told me that the recruitement of Throgg was available) the legendary lord was nowhere to be found in the recruitment pool( i only had the two evident options of "chaos lord/sorcer) and same thing with surta ek.

I am sorry for getting into your post, but i think we have a very similar problem.
Thanks for the reply
sm0kin  [developer] 18 Sep, 2022 @ 11:34pm 
There is a base game bug that prevents other legendary lords to show in the lord recruitment panel if you have Festus or Be'lakor in the pool. Try replacing the lord of an existing army with Throgg.
sm0kin  [developer] 18 Sep, 2022 @ 11:39pm 
Originally posted by Satori:
I was playing as Ikit Claw, I got notifications for several defeated skaven and non-skaven lords (10+ total lords). I don't remember which ones specifically, but I was like 50+ turns into the game before throwing in the towel.

They didn't appear in the recruitment pool at all, there was nothing there. Not even as wounded or anything. All it would show was regular lords, I thought maybe you put them in a separate tab or something because there was literally nothing there the whole time.

Thanks for the reply.
By default (can be changed via mct) you only get immortal/legendary lords and heroes from the refugee event. So you won't get anything if a factions doesn't have legendary characters or their characters didn't reach rank 20 yet.
Also, unless you enable the cross-race mct-option or play as a chaos faction you won't get refugee events for factions that are not the same race as you.
imperator117 19 Sep, 2022 @ 3:29am 
Originally posted by sm0kin:
There is a base game bug that prevents other legendary lords to show in the lord recruitment panel if you have Festus or Be'lakor in the pool. Try replacing the lord of an existing army with Throgg.

I have though about this possibility and tried it but unlucky even that doesn't seem to work(ironically i have a pool for the Khorne heralds ;) ). If the issue only concern festus and be'lakor, i will use the mod in my valkia campaign( i appreciate the fact that, every warriors of chaos faction can get a pseudo confederation with norscan factions too)
thankee 21 Sep, 2022 @ 3:29am 
wont work for me neither.. i play as ghorst and no other vampires can be recruited. not replaced either
kevin.blake7 25 Sep, 2022 @ 7:11am 
I have the same issue playing as Imrik.
pez91 1 Oct, 2022 @ 11:39am 
i was playing as aranessa vamp coast and it worked fine, i just started a campaign as malakith and when a faction is destroyed i get the menu option to recruit or wait some turns etc, however if i choose the option to accept the refugees i dont get them, i get a random pop up with a picture of kostalyn of kislev for some reason stating that a lord has died...
luthomar 2 Oct, 2022 @ 2:14am 
Originally posted by pez91:
i was playing as aranessa vamp coast and it worked fine, i just started a campaign as malakith and when a faction is destroyed i get the menu option to recruit or wait some turns etc, however if i choose the option to accept the refugees i dont get them, i get a random pop up with a picture of kostalyn of kislev for some reason stating that a lord has died...

Hi, I get the same thing. Playing as Tyrion, when Imrik gets defeated, I get the popup, choose to accept refugees, but get popup that Kostalyn is dead, but no LL to be recruited.
Last edited by luthomar; 2 Oct, 2022 @ 2:14am
imperator117 2 Oct, 2022 @ 2:52pm 
kostanltyns, kostaltyns all around us!
requiem_dios 3 Oct, 2022 @ 3:44am 
Same as Luthomar
Tunch Khan 4 Oct, 2022 @ 4:51am 
I am enjoying this mod immensely. I altered the settings to my liking via the MCT. Some secondary generic lords show up also with no names and clone portraits but they are not recruitable anyway. The standard ones, legendary or regular are working fine. Perfect for RPG. Thanks again. :steamthumbsup:
Im Back Bitches 7 Oct, 2022 @ 1:14pm 
Same ı can't see or recruit legendary lords in pool after accepting them
Serris 7 Oct, 2022 @ 1:39pm 
Playing as Be'lakor, got pop ups for Kholek and Valkia, accepted refugees for both, but neither appeared in my recruitment pool.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50