Total War: WARHAMMER III

Total War: WARHAMMER III

Recruit Defeated Legendary Lords
Greyknight 10 Dec, 2023 @ 4:20pm
Defeated Faction Dilemmas not appearing after certain point in campaign - Band-aid Fix
During an Immortal Empires N'kari campaign I ran into the same phenomena where after a certain point in the game I stopped getting any confederation dilemmas. In this campaign I wanted to make sure to confederate Sigvald and Azazel. At some point, Sigvald wiped out Valkia, but i didn't receive a confederation dilemma with Valkia. Wanting to avoid the same issue occurring when I eventually wiped out my two targets; I started trouble shooting and messing with settings using the mod configuration tool.

During this I changed the availability setting of defeated faction confederations from "Player & AI" to just "Player Only". The next turn after changing this setting, I received a confederation dilemma with Valkia (who at this point had been wiped out for over a dozen turns) as well as Be'lakor (I am not certain how long he was dead prior to this).

My priority settings for defeated faction confederations is Player at 1 and same race at 2. Despite my settings it seems the confederation gets stuck in a limbo of sorts when defeat confederations are allowed for both player and ai, after a certain point in the campaign.

The mod author said they couldn't replicate this phenomena in an earlier comment, so now I need to find the time to clear out my mods and maybe do some test campaigns to see what causes this behavior to happen. At least now, changing the restriction setting to "Player Only" seems to work as a band-aid fix for those that experience this issue. Have yet to see what happens after changing the setting back to "Player & AI" after I get the LLs I want.

*EDIT* I don't know why I didn't see this and put two and two together earlier. There is a setting with the mod called "AI Turn Delay" under the "Restrictions" category in the configuration tool. By default this option is set to 50 turns. From what I've seen from other comments, the issue of dilemmas not occurring, and faction defeated events not showing up, both occur on or after turn 50. Something with this setting is causing the issue. I played a campaign where i didn't touch the ai availability setting but did reduce the AI turn delay setting to turn 1. This campaign suffered no issue of defeated faction dilemmas and events failing to occur. At the moment it seems changing any setting in the restrictions category corrects/prevents the issue.
Last edited by Greyknight; 21 Dec, 2023 @ 7:52pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
johnnystrider 16 Dec, 2023 @ 2:01am 
How do you change that?
Greyknight 16 Dec, 2023 @ 6:42am 
Originally posted by johnnystrider:
How do you change that?

There is a mod in Warhammer 3's workshop called "Mod Configuration Tool - v0.9 Beta"
Can be found at this link: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2927955021

After you subscribe to and download the mod configuration tool, there will be a new menu button on the top left corner of the campaign map screen.

Clicking that button will open the mod configuration tool and allow you to tweak the settings of mods that support it.

Within the recruit defeated legendary lords mod, will be an option to change the availability of the defeat confederations to be just player, just AI, or both.
AfroSaxon 16 Dec, 2023 @ 12:04pm 
Cheers for the band-aid fix GreyKnight, will give it a try.
johnnystrider 16 Dec, 2023 @ 2:21pm 
Originally posted by Greyknight:
Originally posted by johnnystrider:
How do you change that?

There is a mod in Warhammer 3's workshop called "Mod Configuration Tool - v0.9 Beta"
Can be found at this link: https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2927955021

After you subscribe to and download the mod configuration tool, there will be a new menu button on the top left corner of the campaign map screen.

Clicking that button will open the mod configuration tool and allow you to tweak the settings of mods that support it.

Within the recruit defeated legendary lords mod, will be an option to change the availability of the defeat confederations to be just player, just AI, or both.

Thanks, I can't get MCT to work for some reason (no button after subscribing), but I'll give it another try.
Greyknight 21 Dec, 2023 @ 7:59pm 
I have a theory that a default mod setting called "AI Turn Delay" is what is causing the problems of defeated factions: A) not triggering an event stating they are defeated, and B) no dilemma to confederate defeated factions. I played a campaign where I allowed the AI to also confederate defeated factions but changed the AI turn delay setting to turn 1 and the problem never came up. I have two instances now where toggling a setting in the "Restrictions" category of the mod's menu in the configuration tool either reintroduces defeated confederations in a campaign or preventing the issue from manifesting in the first place.
Did you confederate anyone normally before the events stopped popping up? I noticed that if you do a normal confederation you will not see any messages for the 8 turn cooldown for confederations
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50