tModLoader

tModLoader

Fargo's Souls Mod
Does it work with Calamity?
Will this mod work normally and fully with calamity?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Aaron 13 May, 2023 @ 12:40pm 
not sure because having a calamity mode like death on and eternity at the same time will cause sprite problems
Sqwid Sqwid 19 May, 2023 @ 6:48am 
probably
EasyCo 1 Jun, 2023 @ 4:16am 
Works fine for me. I've used the two every time I've played and never ran into issues. Only possible issue would be not using the two difficulty modes. I know the Souls one gives a very big warning about only using one or the other.
Deli Paşa 3 Jun, 2023 @ 1:05am 
Isn't it was intended to use with calamity back then when in game mod manager times? I restarted to play the game, last i played there was Thorium, Dragon Ball, Calamity and some other mod. Is it scaled down?
toos 10 Jun, 2023 @ 6:40pm 
Yes, I like suffering and I like adding a ungodly amount of mods to my playthroughs so I usually end up using this with calamity, Thorium, and other random stuff.
Старость 15 Jun, 2023 @ 2:09am 
I don't know how, but if you trying to load it (Calamity and Fargo) at the same time, with another mods - it will cause some troubles with world creation.
But! If you load your mods one by one, like : (1)Calamity+Fargo mutant, (2, after 1's load) Fargo soul+dlc, etc... - it will work.
I'm not tripping, just made this right now:frogzone:
jay! 10 Aug, 2023 @ 11:31am 
(copied from comments) EVERY TIME I use this it can't find something related to something with a squirrel, and when I equip the soul of eternity it c r a s h e s . I think I have deduced this is NOT compatible with calamity...
edit: maybe I'm just unlucky. I have a lot of mod problems often...
Last edited by jay!; 10 Aug, 2023 @ 11:31am
UCGH 12 Aug, 2023 @ 4:55am 
my souls mod for some reason doesn't work at all and i have no idea why. it says to update it to "1.4.3" as it's 1.4.2.5 and it tells me to click the button which ends up taking me to a GitHub link with 4 files. I have no idea what to do from there and i thought some YT tuts would help but they didn't in any way. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?
min 13 Aug, 2023 @ 2:17pm 
I will just say that the difficulty mods from both do work if used at the same time MOST of the time. The only problem that I have ever encountered was with Skeletron where if you used both then when he got to 1% hp then he would enter "Dungeon Guardian Mode" via the masochist mode changes but if used with any variant of calamity difficulty modes he would be literally just become immortal and invulnerable. So, unfortunately I would always have to disable one or the other for Skeletron, but everything else worked fine.
As I am getting ready to hit post, I realized it has been quite a while since I have done this, maybe even before the 1.4 tmodloader port, so take this with a grain of salt.
coiledAgent 22 Aug, 2023 @ 12:56am 
Originally posted by Deli Paşa:
Isn't it was intended to use with calamity back then when in game mod manager times? I restarted to play the game, last i played there was Thorium, Dragon Ball, Calamity and some other mod. Is it scaled down?

That used to be part of Fargo Souls DLC mod, but stopped being a thing during the tMod 1.4.3 version. Calamity and other such mods (though primarily just Calamity) were simply changing stuff around too fast for the cross-mod enchantments/souls to be kept up to date while still getting other things done at a reasonable pace.

Losing out on the cross-mod items was unfortunate, but understandable.
redranger049 12 Sep, 2023 @ 1:22am 
not intended. but it works just fine as far as im aware
Oblachko_O 21 Sep, 2023 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by coiledAgent:
Originally posted by Deli Paşa:

That used to be part of Fargo Souls DLC mod, but stopped being a thing during the tMod 1.4.3 version. Calamity and other such mods (though primarily just Calamity) were simply changing stuff around too fast for the cross-mod enchantments/souls to be kept up to date while still getting other things done at a reasonable pace.

Losing out on the cross-mod items was unfortunate, but understandable.
Well, it is not that interesting, when mod worked with Calamity, there were items and poof - they are gone, but wiki still refers to items, which are not an option anymore.

I played with Calamity much earlier and expected to see the items, but the fact that they are gone (and nothing stated anywhere) is kinda bad.
shooting star 30 Sep, 2023 @ 10:59pm 
try it out and find out yaself cuh
-Wispk- 5 Oct, 2023 @ 1:37am 
FrgoChinese cannot unload correctly and asks to exit the game. What should I do?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50