Rivals of Aether

Rivals of Aether

Solid Snake
Aaron No. 893  [developer] 2 May, 2022 @ 11:12am
Interrogation Workshop Compatibility
Workshop characters can have up to 3 custom interrogation lines of dialogue. To make your own, enter the following code into your fighter's init.gml file:
sna_interrogated_line_01 = "Your dialogue here."; // Snake interrogation line 1. sna_interrogated_line_02 = "More dialogue here."; // Snake interrogation line 2. (Optional.) sna_interrogated_line_03 = "Even more dialogue here."; // Snake interrogation line 3. (Optional.)
Examples:
sna_interrogated_line_01 = "Crocodiles taste great..."; sna_interrogated_line_02 = "Throw a grenade into a crocodile's mouth..."; sna_interrogated_line_03 = "You lousy...!";
sna_interrogated_line_01 = "woag";
sna_interrogated_line_01 = "PC gaming? More like, ur mom"; sna_interrogated_line_02 = "If PC is so good, why is there no PC 2?";
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Aperson 15 May, 2022 @ 4:35pm 
Quick question, how do I check whether the implemented interrogation quotes actually work? I've tried grabbing and then taunting with Snake, but I haven't seen the response show up before he releases the fighter.
Aaron No. 893  [developer] 15 May, 2022 @ 7:10pm 
Originally posted by Aperson:
Quick question, how do I check whether the implemented interrogation quotes actually work? I've tried grabbing and then taunting with Snake, but I haven't seen the response show up before he releases the fighter.
Opponents with low damage escape grabs faster.

I suppose you could test it by going into training mode, and setting the damage to 999.
Last edited by Aaron No. 893; 15 May, 2022 @ 7:10pm
yardsailor 16 Jun, 2022 @ 3:52pm 
Hey there, I was curious why it's only three? Could there be more and if not why?
Aaron No. 893  [developer] 16 Jun, 2022 @ 11:47pm 
@yardsailor I figured it would be easier for other people to implement it this way, instead of having them create an array.
TimRtec 26 Jun, 2022 @ 10:33pm 
I have a suggestion.
When doing the interrogation taunt, it should give an indicator for the opponent to use taunt as well to keep the interrogation going instead of it just having snake just say "talk" and letting the opponent go. Once the interrogation is done the time limit of the ability would continue counting down giving the option for the snake to throw the opponent or strange or let go.
TimRtec 26 Jun, 2022 @ 10:35pm 
Originally posted by TimRtec:
I have a suggestion.
When doing the interrogation taunt, it should give an indicator for the opponent to use taunt as well to keep the interrogation going instead of it just having snake just say "talk" and letting the opponent go. Once the interrogation is done the time limit of the ability would continue counting down giving the option for the snake to throw the opponent or strange or let go.
basically just allow the opponent to use taunt to let the interrogation finish before having the time limit continue
crismrhach 19 Oct, 2023 @ 6:20am 
when are you releasing codec calls?
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50