tModLoader

tModLoader

Another RPG Mod
N0S 27 Jun, 2022 @ 8:18pm
Minions Attacking Critters
Hate to bug you, but having an issue with summoned minions trying to attack critters and ignoring all else (to the detriment at times during boss battles). This seems to only happen after the first boss kill (modded or otherwise) but may just be coincidence. Asking if there's any known fix or if one can be made. Have tested and it is definitely this mod as it happens with just this and "cheat sheet" being enabled from the moment of world and player creation. Doesn't happen on creation but after a boss kill or two. I suspect its linked to the worlds lvl per boss kill progression but I know that once it starts its there for good.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
N0S 28 Jun, 2022 @ 6:28pm 
Further testing shows that even from world start with a fresh character summons still try to attack critters, some how must have avoided that beofre. Best guess at a fix would be to make critters either untargetable at all, allowing summons to damage them or banning them/removing them from the mod's influence entirely. After all, nobody's looking to kill farm a lvl 300 bunny with 3k hp, and bakoom bunnies can already be killed by summons.
Last edited by N0S; 28 Jun, 2022 @ 6:31pm
PlexusDuMenton  [developer] 30 Jun, 2022 @ 6:16am 
wait for the tmod update or move to the experimental branch, it fixed itself
Vinzero 30 Jun, 2022 @ 5:17pm 
I'm also having this issue, not using other mods that effect vanilla creatures or anything either.

While we're on topic, it would be nice to have a toggle for "Display critter level" or something of the sort, so that critters don't have their level's displayed underneath.

Having 10 fireflies with a bunch of lv1 underneath kinda ruins the mood, the only way to solve it at the moment is to disable displaying levels under mobs entirely.

Hopefully this can be added. :chigara2:
N0S 30 Jun, 2022 @ 6:27pm 
Originally posted by PlexusDuMenton:
wait for the tmod update or move to the experimental branch, it fixed itself
Awesome to know its getting fixed, literally been my only issue with this mod. With Calamity being updated, actually have a fun and fair challenge with this mod until everything decides that poor butterfly deserves death more than X uber boss I'm whipping/shooting/dodging.
N0S 2 Jul, 2022 @ 3:49pm 
Doesnt seem to be fixed unless there's another Tml update.
PlexusDuMenton  [developer] 4 Jul, 2022 @ 1:31pm 
I'm not able to replicate the issues, and there is nothing changing the projectiles target in the mod code
Pandora 4 Jul, 2022 @ 8:37pm 
I have also seen this issue happen. They will get fixated on a critter like it was the most horrifying boss...
Vinzero 4 Jul, 2022 @ 10:27pm 
I've been having another issue that's similar to this one.

Eater Of Worlds spit (?) attack, where it throws a bunch of projectiles at you also has levels attached to them. So you would see a bunch of lv70 projectiles on screen.

Meaning that any type of homing weapon that targets enemies goes after the projectile attack since they technically have HP and levels, and I guess are considered enemies.

Not sure if it's related to the critters bug, but so far only happens with this mod installed.
Decton 5 Jul, 2022 @ 3:23am 
I'm also seeing my summons go after critters. Ladybugs started spawning and they absolutely decimated them, tanking my luck for no reason lol
N0S 5 Jul, 2022 @ 7:48pm 
For me Ive tested using the Sanguine Staff, after the first boss kill it wasn't always immediate but from the first boss kill (even at +1 lvl per) Critters go from nothing to 1st priority (proximity based) for summons. This is with literally only this mod active + a cheat mod to add items (Sanguine staff at Creation)
homemmakako 27 Sep, 2022 @ 6:38pm 
So, I am still experiencing this bug. Does anyone know of a way to fix it?
If i recall correctly, the way minion AI works in regards to critters is that they cant differentiate between hostiles and passives, so they were made to only target things above a certain maxHP threshold. In Vanilla critters normally dont have more than like 10 HP so this works fine, but i believe to recall that every mod that changed the HP of mobs including passive critters caused this issue.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50