Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition

Total War: ROME II - Emperor Edition

Realistic Expansion for Divide et Impera grand campaign
GriffMeister 21 May, 2022 @ 11:31am
Pyrrhic War issues
Epeiros really needs its autoresolve penalties tweaked, there's barely a fight put up by Pyrrhus. Not to mention Carthage doesn't make peace with Epeiros when Rome does. It really makes subjugating them as Makedon hard, it is a really nice side objective the devs never decided to change.
Last edited by GriffMeister; 6 Aug, 2022 @ 5:41pm
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Rhetor  [developer] 24 Jul, 2022 @ 1:33am 
Thanks for bringing this to attention. I will look into balancing Epirus if I get back into modding this game again, but as of now I am not active with Rome 2 any more. Also keep in mind that the balancing has to work for all player factions. If I make Epirus too strong, it might have created problems when the player is another faction. This always has to be seen from all angles, and often things that seem obvious from one perspective don't work from another. Also, Epirus more or less gets defeated in the early grand campaign timeframe, so making them weak was necessary to get them to not win too much. You wouldn't want them to steamroll Italy or something like that. This balancing is very delicate. Since the AI is so ravenously aggressive in this game, it will always fill out any space I give it, so there is no way to make a faction "a little stronger". It's all or nothing. I struggled with this quite a bit during the development process. The balancing is a bit like pressing a gas pedal when your foot is asleep, you can't tune it very precise. Often the only thing I can do when a faction is supposed to disappear within the timeframe is to make it really weak and no challenge. Sorry, that's just how the engine works. This stuff was difficult to get to work at all.
One option would be to only make the faction strengths more dependent on who the player is. I will look into that if I ever get back into modding Rome 2, but that does not seem likely at the time.
Last edited by Rhetor; 24 Jul, 2022 @ 1:36am
The Grimwar 10 Apr, 2023 @ 7:54pm 
Originally posted by Rhetor:
Thanks for bringing this to attention. I will look into balancing Epirus if I get back into modding this game again, but as of now I am not active with Rome 2 any more. Also keep in mind that the balancing has to work for all player factions. If I make Epirus too strong, it might have created problems when the player is another faction. This always has to be seen from all angles, and often things that seem obvious from one perspective don't work from another. Also, Epirus more or less gets defeated in the early grand campaign timeframe, so making them weak was necessary to get them to not win too much. You wouldn't want them to steamroll Italy or something like that. This balancing is very delicate. Since the AI is so ravenously aggressive in this game, it will always fill out any space I give it, so there is no way to make a faction "a little stronger". It's all or nothing. I struggled with this quite a bit during the development process. The balancing is a bit like pressing a gas pedal when your foot is asleep, you can't tune it very precise. Often the only thing I can do when a faction is supposed to disappear within the timeframe is to make it really weak and no challenge. Sorry, that's just how the engine works. This stuff was difficult to get to work at all.
One option would be to only make the faction strengths more dependent on who the player is. I will look into that if I ever get back into modding Rome 2, but that does not seem likely at the time.

Dude, Epirus died in two turns, they got double teamed by Rome AND the Ardaei. Would it be so hard to superjack their autoresolve power for their starting settlements? Which would lose power either gradually or after a certain number of turns?
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50