RimWorld

RimWorld

[1.4] Vanilla Factions Expanded - Vikings
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
alphamike99 22 Sep, 2020 @ 8:27am
Suggestions
Hey there!

Been playing the mod for a bit and there are a few things in the mod that I have suggestions for .

For the helmets:

The Leather helmet should also protect the nose. You can clearly see in the design of the helmet that there is a nose guard.

The Ravager helmet should protect the nose and the eyes as well, again in the design you see that it protects the nose and the eyes very well.

Weapons:

The bearded axe does little damage in comparison to other weapons. Yes there is a stun chance which is good but the damage offset it too great. Maybe raise the damage from 4.87 to 5.5. It will still do less damage than a regular axe but it wouldn't be by a huge amount. This will make players have a tougher decision (More damage or stun chance).

Lastly, It would be very interesting to add a medieval only setting. You remove the outlanders, pirates (maybe even mechanoids) and only have the vikings, tribals and the medieval guys. Remove anything that is industrial and above technology. Would be pretty cool to have that.

Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Rooty Tooty 22 Sep, 2020 @ 10:27pm 
Anyone got any suggestions on how I should floor my mead hall? Wood is obvious but pawns don't like it as much as other flooring as well as very flamable. I was thinking acceting things with the wooden floors wound the tables perhaps? Or someone got a wooden floor mod? :portiapoop:
Wolfette 23 Sep, 2020 @ 2:30am 
Originally posted by alphamike99:
Hey there!

Been playing the mod for a bit and there are a few things in the mod that I have suggestions for .

For the helmets:

The Leather helmet should also protect the nose. You can clearly see in the design of the helmet that there is a nose guard.

The Ravager helmet should protect the nose and the eyes as well, again in the design you see that it protects the nose and the eyes very well.

Weapons:

The bearded axe does little damage in comparison to other weapons. Yes there is a stun chance which is good but the damage offset it too great. Maybe raise the damage from 4.87 to 5.5. It will still do less damage than a regular axe but it wouldn't be by a huge amount. This will make players have a tougher decision (More damage or stun chance).

Lastly, It would be very interesting to add a medieval only setting. You remove the outlanders, pirates (maybe even mechanoids) and only have the vikings, tribals and the medieval guys. Remove anything that is industrial and above technology. Would be pretty cool to have that.

Thanks!

In addition to these suggestions I would like to suggest to make the bearded axe a one handed weapon, as historically that's what it was. Axe and shield was one of the most common combinations of weapons used by vikings, as swords (seux are small swords/big daggers and not a war sword) where expensive and dedicate polearms (like the dane axe, kudos for putting it in btw) equally so or just much harder/risker to use.

So seein the bearded axe become one handed would be a great improvement.
Forgan_Meeman 23 Sep, 2020 @ 9:41am 
I think this mod is great but does anyone feel like the pyre could just be a bit more interesting. I think it would sit idle until you place a body on it and when you are ready you should be able to light it and it burns for a while before being destroyed. Having some pyre ceremonies would be cool.
Wolfette 23 Sep, 2020 @ 8:19pm 
Another suggestion would be around the nordic naming scheme used in pawn generation. I see the suffix -son (should be sson with two 's', but hey details) used for pawns of both genders, but this is incorrect, female surnames had the suffix -dottir (aka daughter) instead.

I know there is a limit on the length of names (a slightly too strict one tbh) so maybe this was done since it's easier to amend -son onto a name then -dottir, but regardless I'd like to see it if possible.

If it could be dynamic with relationships with other pawns that would be awesome, for instance if you had a pawn named Rorrik and generated another pawn who was his son that pawn could pre-generate with the surname Rorriksson, and if he had a daughter as well/instead her surname would generate as Rorrikdottir. Again no idea if this possible/practical but I'm just shooting for the stars here.

All and all I love this mod, as much as do all the other Vanilla Expanded and spin offs made by members of the team. These aren't mods, flat out. They are free DLC, high quality with so much love and polish put into them. Thank you so much, almsot 700 hours into this game I can say without doubt you guys, and the content you create are the reason I am still playing this game, beside the game already being fun, your content is what makes it so easy to get lost in.

Thank you so very much, you've made Rimworld + Royality the best 40 USD I've ever spend! :winter2019happydog:
Wolfette 24 Sep, 2020 @ 9:16pm 
One more (thing!) suggestion, namely the enrage effect of the Bear Headress of should end after all enemy pawns have died or fled the map. As it stands now they stay enraged, mindless wandering around not eating, sleeping or going to get wounds tended too. I have a pawn I'm being forced to arrest simply because she won't clam down and is starving and bleeding to death.

You cold make it so they will kill any downed enemy pawns too and after that it wears off but it flat out really needs to end much, much sooner, the buff isn't worth watching a crazed pawn bleed to death.
The John 4 Oct, 2020 @ 8:36am 
A suggestion I'd have is for the apiary to have a button like the solar lamp to designate a growing zone in its radius, would make it a lot easier to have efficiency
Timmy 26 Oct, 2020 @ 9:24pm 
Harpoon could make fishing faster?
Morgan Freedman 6 Nov, 2020 @ 6:37am 
I was thinking of making only slaves wear tribal wear and having the rest wear pants and tshirts like a non slave viking would. Also maybe not have them all have tribal skin color idk thats less relevant.
Didgereedank 8 Nov, 2020 @ 1:11am 
hey, could you add the norse religion, so i can worship the all-father :D
Morgan Freedman 8 Nov, 2020 @ 4:54pm 
I think the ravager helm should protect the eyes as they visually add some sort of protection
Hrukk 22 Nov, 2020 @ 6:20pm 
Hello,

I was thinking a suggestion that could be added is maybe a cypto expansion of sorts. Considering I did find a cypo scattershot texture, is it possible to add in a shotgun and SMG version for cypto weapons to add more variety? As well as maybe some kind of special Cypto mortar shell that inflicts the cypto's effect and maybe even some kind of makeshift turret made from a cypto rifle for those that want to heavily focus on cypto tech if possible?

Thanks.
Librarius 15 Dec, 2020 @ 11:19am 
Great mod. Can there be a no face paint option though in the face-paint table. I like them bearded but clean!
Texas Redhawk 24 Feb, 2021 @ 8:10pm 
I'm sure someone, somewhere, has already made this suggestion, but: there 100% needs to be longships added to this once the vehicle framework mod comes out.
TreviLover % 12 Apr, 2021 @ 3:01pm 
Need compability patch for 'A Dog said' mod (or LBE's A Dog Said Easy Patcher)
Last edited by TreviLover %; 12 Apr, 2021 @ 3:01pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Per page: 1530 50