Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Find It! 2
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
sway  [developer] 7 Jul, 2020 @ 8:53am
FAQ, Troubleshooting, Bug report & Suggestion
#1 Anything about placing assets. Like Growable buildings disappearing after you placed them

Find It 2 does not control the actual "placing" step. It simply calls the in-game placing tool to handle the placing step. Some other mods, such as the anarchy mods, can alter the behavior of the in-game placing tool, but Find It 2 itself does not alter any placement mechanism.

If your growable buildings are disappearing, follow the "Placing buildings using Find It 2" section in the User Guide

#2 This mod doesn't work? I don't see the magnifying glass button.
Did you enable this mod in the content manager? Does it show up in the content manager? If this mod doesn't show up in the content manager, it probably means Steam didn't download this mod for you. Check your workshop download folder and check if you have a "2133885971" folder(or 2187834843 if you are using the beta version). If not, it means Steam hasn't downloaded this mod yet. Try to unsubscribe then subscribe or restart Steam.

On Windows the default steam workshop download folder path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\255710\

#3 Extra Landscaping Tools and other mods mentioned the incompatibility issue with the "enhance all panels" option in Find It. Where is it?
Find It 1(the original Find It) removed the "enhance all panels" feature in 2018, so this incompatibility issue has been solved. Some older mods have not updated their description yet.

If other mods mention any incompatibility issue regarding the "enhance all panels" option, just ignore it. If you think there is still an incompatibility issue between Find It 2 and other mods, it is caused by other reasons that are not related to the "enhance all panels" option

#4 What to do if I can't find a workshop asset in Find It 2?
- First, click the "Relevance" button in Find It 2 to switch to "Recent DLs", and check if you can see the asset. Sometimes asset creators use different names for their assets.

- Search the asset by its creator. Type the name of the creator in the search box.

- Use the search prefix % to search the asset by its workshop ID
Example: %2134567890
An asset's workshop ID can be found in its steam workshop URL

- Go to the content manager, make sure you can find the asset there and it is enabled

- Make sure the asset is subscribed. Restart Steam. Go to the workshop download folder and check if the .crp file is downloaded. On Windows the default path is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/workshop/content/255710/. Each workshop ID should have its own folder

- If you're using the Loading Screen Mod, make sure its "load enabled assets" option is enabled

- If the asset is not a growable or prop, check if it is findable in the game's original panels

- Don't type anything in Find It's search box. Scroll through all the assets and see if it is findable

- If you still can't find the asset, report the issue and paste its workshop link in the comments

#5 Find It may show more assets than you thought. Not all assets are findable in Find It
One workshop subscription item can contain more than one in-game asset. Right click the steam icon on the thumbnail in Find It and it'll show which workshop subscription item an asset belongs to. Not all assets are available in Find It, such as citizens and vehicles, because you can't place them anyway. SamsamTS, the creator of the original Find It, decided to filter out floating props in "game" mode because they can cause some issues if they are used outside of the asset editor.

#6 How do I add new rows or columns to the panel?
There are 4 mods that can resize the panel. Read their description and use ONLY ONE at the same time.

Yet Another Toolbar: its panel scaling feature has some limitations. Make sure you read its description

Resize It: Resize It's scaling feature breaks Find It & Find It 2. Keep the scaling at 100%

Advanced Toolbar: Outdated (last updated in 2015). Has compatibility issues with other mods. Some features of Find It 2 may not work correctly with Advanced Toolbar(such as using light background).

More Advanced Toolbar: Its author used another software to obfuscate its code, so other mod authors couldn't easily understand what this mod does behind the scene. It is very annoying and difficult to fix any incompatibility issue. Any compatibility complaint related to More Advanced Toolbar will be ignored.

#7 Known minor issues on non-Windows10 platforms
Linux(tested on Arch Linux and Ubuntu 20.10. Flatpak Steam):
- If an asset creator updates their asset recently, that asset would be moved to the top of the 'Recent DLs' list.

- 'Hold SHIFT' and click doesn't work -> for some unknown reason on Linux you have to hold SHIFT AND CTRL to make it work.

- Scrollbars in the custom tag and extra filters panel may disappear after a refresh. Use mouse wheel to move up/down.

macOS may have similar issues, but I don't use mac. Feel free to let me know if this mod doesn't work properly on macOS.

#8 This mod may not work if you're using this mod on Epic or Origin instead of Steam. It won't work if you're playing an old version of the game
Some features in this mod rely on how Steam handles workshop subscriptions, and this mod may not work properly on Epic or Origin. You can still try to install this mod manually. I only own the game on Steam so I can only test this mod on Steam, and I won't be able to help Epic and Origin players.

This mod may rely on some features that didn't exist in older versions of the game. You DO NOT need to own the newest DLC or own every DLC, but you need the newest version of the game.

#9 I don't see any asset in Find It 2's panel
Resize It's scaling feature doesn't work well with Find It. Do not use it. Keep the scaling at 100%. Hide It mod may cause the same issue in some edge cases. Try to delete Find It's settings file FindIt.xml

Make sure you only have one Find It. Check if you have a "837734529" folder in your workshop download folder, delete it.
On Windows the default steam workshop download folder path is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\255710\

#10 Can this mod break my save?
No, this mod doesn't write data to your save or alter any game mechanism. However some unknown potential bug might crash your game, so save your game often when you're playing.

#11 I don't see the asset type options for RICO buildings.
The RICO and Growable/RICO options will only appear when this mod can detect an enabled RICO mod. Make sure you subscribe to only one RICO mod and it is enabled. Other versions of RICO mods have to be unsubscribed, not just disabled.

#12 Where did the building level filter go?
It's moved to the extra filters panel. Click the + icon and use the leftmost dropdown in the new panel to select the building level filter.

#13 How do I delete marker type props?
Most marker type props are invisible and most of them are only functional in the map or asset editor. They can't be removed by the vanilla bulldoze tool in "Game" mode and can only be removed by using other mods such as Move It

#14 I switch to Find It 2 from Find It 1 and the search feature seems buggy
Make sure Find It 1 is deleted from your drive(check if you have a "837734529" folder in your workshop download folder, delete it). In some cases Steam didn't delete Find It 1 after people clicked the X in the content manager, and Find It 1 was messing with Find It 2. So far people who reported this issue were able to fix it by deleting Find It 1 completely.

#15 I'm an asset/map creator. Can this mod run in noWorkshop without Harmony 2?
A few minor features won't work. But other main features will work fine without Harmony 2 in --noWorkshop mode. You can use this mod as a local mod and ignore the Harmony 2 warning in --noWorkshop.

#16 What does the "Fix bad props next loaded save" option do?
For most players this feature can be ignored. This is an inherited feature from Find It 1. Ancient versions of Find It 1(prior to v1.2.4, before Feb 2017) allowed users to place some floating props that could cause visual glitches unless the props are used in the asset editor and attached to a building. When you enable this option, all placed floating props will be removed next time.

#17 I can't see vanilla European theme buildings
You need to enable the European building style in the content manager

#18 This mod is not showing up in English
This usually happens when Steam failed to download this mod completely. Unsubscribe and subscribe a few times to re-download this mod.

For troubleshooting, please follow this guide and share your log file
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463645931
Last edited by sway; 16 Dec, 2022 @ 11:36am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 108 comments
dragonshardz 8 Jul, 2020 @ 11:42am 
Loaded in today and the mod seems to have lost the combined Growable/RICO search option, as well as the RICO-only one.

E: Turns out the "subscribe to all" button is a dangerous place and in the course of subscribing to some older warehouse assets, I inadvertently subscribed to the old RICO mod.
Last edited by dragonshardz; 8 Jul, 2020 @ 5:59pm
sway  [developer] 8 Jul, 2020 @ 11:48am 
@dragonshardz it means the mod couldn't detect the RICO mod. Are you using the original RICO mod or RICO Revisited? Do you see their mod icon in game? Remember to subscribe to only one of the RICO mods. Disabling isn't enough. This mod doesn't have any update in the past few days so if it suddenly failed to detect RICO it's probably caused by external reasons.
rawwwdawg 16 Jul, 2020 @ 2:10pm 
Has anyone had issues with assets not appearing in find it? I’ve been using the old version, no problems, when it suddenly stopped showing assets.

I switched to this version today but I’ve got the same bug.

I haven’t added or removed any mods that could have broken it.
FWIW my assets are still appearing in RICO.

I’m stumped lol
sway  [developer] 16 Jul, 2020 @ 2:34pm 
@rawwwdawg

If it happens on both the original Find It an this version, then it's probably caused by other mods.
Are you only missing RICO assets? Do you see the RICO options in Find It's drop-down menu? Please share your log file if you don't mind.
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463645931
Last edited by sway; 16 Jul, 2020 @ 2:37pm
Allystrya 19 Jul, 2020 @ 10:16pm 
@Sway - When clicking the Netpicker3 button box and then attempting to click it off it clicks through behind the menu and will click whatever is behind FYI I can't tell if it is deselecting the button or not or selecting the object and changing menus (which I didn't want to change menus :) )
sway  [developer] 20 Jul, 2020 @ 6:18pm 
I'll try to fix it.
redaha71 20 Jul, 2020 @ 7:53pm 
I lost the ability to use the shortkey "N" for net picker, it was working fine a couple days ago.
sway  [developer] 21 Jul, 2020 @ 8:52am 
Built-in picker has been removed in v1.7.0. Quboid's new Picker mod is the recommended replacement. It offers similar features with additional support for Move It.
Allystrya 25 Jul, 2020 @ 5:06am 
@Sway @algernon - I am trying to keep up with everything after being out of town for a few days - I did scan the comments but didn't see anything specific to Resize It issues.

I started having Resize it issues with the previous NetPicker update (prior to its removal). If there are only 2 lines (which only shows 1 line of assets like it set to 1 line) then it will only scroll vertically even though the options are set to horizontal.

if I go down to 1 line it breaks the UI altogether with all assets disappearing from the box and all options becoming uncheckable and requires a complete reboot of the game to fix.

However, I have to leave my options set at 3 lines before the reboot, which even then, only shows 2 lines of assets so the UI is now taking up almost about 1/3 of my screen.

I do have custom not default settings for Resize it.

If this is a duplicate issue I apologize I just did not see anything in my quick scan and discovered it the day I was packing. I can redo my tests if you like and provide logs if you don't already have them.
Last edited by Allystrya; 25 Jul, 2020 @ 5:06am
sway  [developer] 25 Jul, 2020 @ 8:09am 
@Allystrya. I use Resize It too without custom settings and I don't have this issue(and no one has mentioned this issue so far) Can you try the outdated alpha version and see if you have the same issue? https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2160702903

And can you share your Resize It settings?
Last edited by sway; 25 Jul, 2020 @ 8:25am
sway  [developer] 26 Jul, 2020 @ 9:13am 
The issue is confirmed to be caused by Resize It's scaling feature. That feature is also broken when I test it with the original Find It, so it's not a Find It 2-specific issue.
76561199025657293 26 Jul, 2020 @ 11:10am 
Hi, I recieved this error message, not too sure what it means:

An error has occured in mod's OnUpdate method.
Mod name: Find It! 2 [Test] 1.7.1 - Find and organize your assets
Assembly: FindIt, Version=1.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Severity: Medium

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FindIt.UIThreading.OnUpdate (Single realTimeDelta, Single simulationTimeDelta) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at HealkitMod.Patches.ThreadingWrapperOnUpdatePatch.Prefix (Single realTimeDelta, Single simulationTimeDelta, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ___m_ThreadingExtensions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
algernon  [developer] 26 Jul, 2020 @ 4:38pm 
@Snipps_2 Does this occur every time? Could you post an output log?
76561199025657293 26 Jul, 2020 @ 8:25pm 
@algernon Hi, sorry about that. I had a local copy of the mod enabled by accident. Disabling it fixed it.
Sterls 11 Aug, 2020 @ 8:31am 
Any chance of getting a keyboard shortcut for the randomize selection button?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 108 comments
Per page: 1530 50