RimWorld

RimWorld

[FSF] Complex Jobs
PanX 5 Nov, 2020 @ 7:17am
Suggestion Box
Is it possible to split "plant cut" between cutting trees and harvesting for food?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
FrozenSnowFox  [developer] 5 Nov, 2020 @ 12:57pm 
Not without coding I'm afraid which is something I can't do. I'd suggest keeping plant cutting to a minimum when you use it anyway because it tends to clog up a pawns work quite badly.
smitty_the_smith 21 Aug, 2021 @ 9:18am 
Can we have a job to tend the gauralen tree? Or is that the same problem as above?
Thank you for your time.
FrozenSnowFox  [developer] 21 Aug, 2021 @ 2:54pm 
The task for tending the Gauralen Tree is under Plantcutting. Since plant cutting is so situational and since you probably won't really be doing it much on a Tree Ideology I don't think it really needs its own work type. There's also the fact that the vast majority of people are not going to do a tree hugger Ideology so it would be a useless work type clogging up the job tab. A mod that changes only that would be compatible with Complex Jobs although for the stated reasons I'm not terribly interested in making and maintaining such a mod.
smitty_the_smith 21 Aug, 2021 @ 4:50pm 
I use it to give an otherwise worthless pawns something to do.
PanX 21 Aug, 2021 @ 5:15pm 
There's also the fact that the vast majority of people are not going to do a tree hugger Ideology

What makes you think that?

Since I started the discussion I apparently still had it subscribed so it's not totally random that I decided to poke my nose into this for everybody's information, lol.
FrozenSnowFox  [developer] 21 Aug, 2021 @ 5:40pm 
Originally posted by smitty_the_smith:
I use it to give an otherwise worthless pawns something to do.

One way to get around this issue is area restrictions BUT I quickly made a patch for it. I don't intend to really support it but its done. It is only the Pruning addition, it needs to be extracted under Complex Jobs and it will activate if Ideology is detected active. I would recommend making a manual copy since I'll probably be doing further updates and that will likely wipe the changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f28gkr1745dfhm/Complex%20Jobs%20Pruning%20Addon.rar?dl=0

Originally posted by Panacea:
There's also the fact that the vast majority of people are not going to do a tree hugger Ideology

What makes you think that?

Since I started the discussion I apparently still had it subscribed so it's not totally random that I decided to poke my nose into this for everybody's information, lol.

I should have said games not people. The whole tree ideology thing is one playstyle meanwhile Ideology offers enough range that you could do half a dozen or more other playstyles. In the long term the vast majority of games will be played without the tree ideology and they would have this work type in their work tab clogging things up for no reason.
PanX 21 Aug, 2021 @ 6:21pm 
Originally posted by FrozenSnowFox:
I should have said games not people. The whole tree ideology thing is one playstyle meanwhile Ideology offers enough range that you could do half a dozen or more other playstyles. In the long term the vast majority of games will be played without the tree ideology and they would have this work type in their work tab clogging things up for no reason.

Ah, I see. Fair enough. :)
smitty_the_smith 21 Aug, 2021 @ 11:12pm 
Actually, I'm playing a group of cannibals, but one of my tribe only knows how to cook. As it happens I need a cook, but the rest of her time is wasted so I gave her a tree. How do I install this patch?
smitty_the_smith 21 Aug, 2021 @ 11:14pm 
So, this is a part of the mod now and the download is just so I can restore it when you update next?
smitty_the_smith 21 Aug, 2021 @ 11:15pm 
Thank you very much for your efforts. It was kind of you to do this for me.
smitty_the_smith 21 Aug, 2021 @ 11:38pm 
Thanks for the effort, but after I cloned the steam version and patched the clone there is still no category for pruning Gauranlen trees
smitty_the_smith 21 Aug, 2021 @ 11:52pm 
Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.WorkTypeDef named FSFPruning found to give to RimWorld.WorkGiverDef PruneGauranlenTree
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()

Something went wrong. Was I supposed to drop the Ideology folder into the same folder as 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, About, DLC, Languages, Mods?
Or was it supposed to go in the Mods folder?
Thanks for your patience.
FrozenSnowFox  [developer] 21 Aug, 2021 @ 11:54pm 
I included all the folders so if you extracted it directly to the base mod directory everything should have gone where it needed to go. So the DLC folder in the archive should merge with the DLC folder of the mod.
Last edited by FrozenSnowFox; 22 Aug, 2021 @ 12:05am
smitty_the_smith 22 Aug, 2021 @ 7:14am 
As it happens I've not done manual zip patching in forever. Thanks anyways.
evoc 14 Oct, 2021 @ 3:54am 
Any thoughts on moving "Emptying Eggboxes" to hauling? My handlers are too busy apparently. ;)
Last edited by evoc; 14 Oct, 2021 @ 3:55am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
Per page: 1530 50