Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

American / US Flag Pack (Waving)
SamhitApple  [developer] 24 Oct, 2020 @ 4:21am
Why the Confederate Flags were removed:
The only reason why the Confederate flags were in the pack in the first place was to complement Skyliners recreating scenes from the American Civil War (cool right?). But, it came to the notice of me that many people were abusing the flag by letting it flutter in modern cities giving a message whether direct or indirect, that the confederacy was right on promoting slavery. Well, that doesn't sound cool right? That's why it's removed. Apologies for the ones' savegames in which the flags disappeared from the Civil War battlefields upon the removal!
Last edited by SamhitApple; 24 Oct, 2020 @ 4:21am
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Duck 8 Jun, 2021 @ 7:38pm 
Utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ but alright
tersis 14 Jul, 2021 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by REDNECKREAPER:
Utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ but alright

least racist gamer
KaiZZer 15 Aug, 2021 @ 7:06am 
hurts me
whashj0 16 Nov, 2021 @ 4:07pm 
However, there are Soviet flags that represent a political system that killed millions of people worldwide available in the workshop. Not allowing the user to make that choice is selfish and self-centered and makes you an arbiter of what people should or should not do. You can take it down for whatever reason you like, but that doesn't make it right. You offered it once and then became "enlightened." Those Soviets would be proud!
Last edited by whashj0; 16 Nov, 2021 @ 4:14pm
I get how people like to role play in the past but thank you for removing this. As we saw this January as this banner for traitors was marched through the halls of Congress, unfortunately this isn't an emblem of the past but a banner for the future... and it's sick.

It isn't ironic in the least that some would give you grief over removing this and they aren't paying you for it. It's your speech and you can use it how you like, the fact you're using it for the truth, that the confederacy was sick, is a testament to your character... and yes, I know the rank file were fighting for their friends and homes and not slavery per say... but the leaders who started that war started it for slavery and justified it using white supremacy... thank God they lost and thank you for removing their banner.

For those who want to lionize the confederacy, do something your heroes didn't, your own work and make you own asset.
ipatrol6010 11 Feb, 2022 @ 3:57pm 
I support the author's decision. I think, if CO and Valve allow it, such a flag could work as part of a Civil War-themed pack, but it's not needed in here.
mhicheil 15 Jul, 2022 @ 12:32pm 
Funny which form of slavery representation is acceptable, and which isn't. Communist slavery = good and okay. Confederate? Oh hell no. Purest of evil. You do you...
ParadiseRacer24 21 Feb, 2023 @ 10:48pm 
What about people who just want to make a modern southern city? Or people who fly the flag but don't support slavery. I understand it's your pack and therefore you have the final say on what is and isn't going to remain, but let's not suggest anyone who used the flag for anything other than civil war creations were racist
lonelnthedark 19 Jun, 2023 @ 1:09pm 
Thank you!
simking 23 Aug, 2023 @ 1:03am 
Those who erase history are doomed to repeat it,Did you know the swastika was a Hindu piece symbol but now everyone thinks it is a natzi symbol, easy how someone can use and tarnish a symbol use it for bad and ruin it's original intent.The flag as we know it was born not as a symbol, but as a very practical banner.

The commanders of the Confederate army in Virginia (then known at the Army of the Potomac) sought a distinctive emblem as an alternative to the Confederacy’s first national flag—the Stars and Bars—to serve as a battle flag. The Stars and Bars, which the Confederate Congress had adopted in March 1861 because it resembled the once-beloved Stars and Stripes, proved impractical and even dangerous on the battlefield because of that resemblance

NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY.
This was the closet thing to a CSA flag that existed on the Workshop, and you cowardly removed it. From Civil War battlefields to historically accurate recreations, there were plenty of legitimate reasons to display that banner. This was my favorite Mod because it had the courage to represent both the good and bad history of America.
For those seeking a CSA banner for their battlefields, memorials, and so on, see here: https://www.steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3004607250 .
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50