Project Zomboid

Def's Long Term Survival [b41]
DefbeatCZ  [developer] 11 Nov, 2020 @ 4:25pm
Suggestions
Describe what would be awesome to have and I may add it
< >
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
Tokmol 13 Nov, 2020 @ 1:15pm 
could you add a needle to the metal forging recipes? really having trouble finding one on most of my runs, and it sounds like a sensible enough item to forge.

anyway.. good stuff, man. cheers.
Last edited by Tokmol; 13 Nov, 2020 @ 1:16pm
Huehuecóyotl 15 Dec, 2020 @ 3:38pm 
Perhaps add a recipe to make a home made duct tape using rags and your glue mixture?
DefbeatCZ  [developer] 18 Dec, 2020 @ 8:14am 
Hi Guys, sorry for the late response here
1) Duct Tape - I was under impression I already did, so ... will do :)
2) I was thinking about making needles craftable, but there is a ballancing problem (in my opinion) - PZ needle is used to both cloth stitching and first aid. I have no problem with the first being made with makeshift needle (or just a piece of wire tbh ...), the later should not be possible, or be of worse quality. In the end, I am waiting for loot changes in b41 to be finished and if needles are common anyway, I will add the recipe to craft it.
sergal saturn 19 Dec, 2020 @ 1:17pm 
I'd love to see integration with the orphaned version of Rod's Store mod for utensils/scrapping/ingredients, would be really cool to see stuff like oil being used for the aforementioned gun cleaning (most gun lube is just high smoke point vegetable oil after all). Can't wait for reloading, really interested in seeing how you figure out a good balance for making that stuff renewable (my two cents is don't make smokeless powder easily craftable to give more utility to breaking down ammo for powder).
Last edited by sergal saturn; 19 Dec, 2020 @ 1:30pm
ChobitsCrazy 22 Dec, 2020 @ 2:23am 
Loving this mod, appreciate your work! Personally I feel that the DIY Carpentry is too OP, I think you should have more than 2 planks be the requirement since Planks are so easy to get. Maybe add a nails requirement as well to need maybe 10 nails as well as 2 planks.
Ashiel 22 Feb, 2021 @ 8:07am 
Your mod is amazing. I saw this video and thought this looked like something that would fit in your mod. Probably easy to implement as just a reskinned mouse trap, craftable with some sticks and twine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbgxyuTm9w
DefbeatCZ  [developer] 22 Feb, 2021 @ 10:31am 
Thanks! I will take a look at it when workign on the next update
StealtHiBye 18 Apr, 2021 @ 12:33pm 
Hey, thanks for making such a fun mod (and for making tailoring grinding easier)! That said, here's my suggestion.
How about a DIY for first aid? I know you can grind it with a broken window, but for RP playthroughs, it doesn't make much sense. I think the recipe could be something like a short blade weapon, a short blunt weapon, needle + thread or suture needle, bandage or ripped sheet, a splint and a corpse. You spent the splint, bandages and the amount of thread you usually would spend for treating yourself, keeping the corpse and weapons needed to cause the wounds. Or something else. Anyway, thanks again for the mod and take care.
DefbeatCZ  [developer] 18 Apr, 2021 @ 1:35pm 
Hey, something like You described should be in next versions. I think no corpses will be included as to keep with vanilla infection risk and such.

I am not quite sure how the DYI will develop in general, as I want to make physical stats trainign as well and first aid can be part of some post-cardio maintenance or something ...
toasttrtf 13 May, 2021 @ 9:34pm 
Would it be possible for a way to only enable parts of the mod? For example I want to turn off the vehicle additions, book renaming, logistics and item mending modules.
Last edited by toasttrtf; 13 May, 2021 @ 9:36pm
toasttrtf 13 May, 2021 @ 9:39pm 
Could you also gate the recipes behind magazines or traits? Feels a little odd that the average person would know how to make wood gas but otherwise everything is great.
ne_propheta 3 Jun, 2021 @ 1:35am 
Hi boss! :steamhappy:

I see that someone tried to file a git pull request for Gunpowder making.

Crafting homemade gunpowder directly in your mod will be lovely - this, along with the Hunting mod plus Ammocraft mod, can let us survive better until the next zombie bite xD

And the Mods list will be shrinked a bit (one mod less to have apart yours).

Have a nice day & thanks for the great work!
DefbeatCZ  [developer] 3 Jun, 2021 @ 2:41am 
Hi! I have not included the pull into main as I want to make it a bit different. In the meantime, You can download the forked version and play with it.
ne_propheta 3 Jun, 2021 @ 5:49am 
Yes, I read your response below - which I agree with.

In fact, I prefer to wait in order to have your "bit different" way to make Gunpowder - it's your mod, so it's pretty obvious that I'll favour your ideas over others :steamhappy:

My previous question was aimed to know if you can\want to implement gunpowder recipes in the future, so I'm already happy with you response.

Thanks again!
sergal saturn 12 Jul, 2021 @ 2:16pm 
Can we get a compatibility patch for Recycle And Reuse Almost Everything? It has a lot of features that I like but the systems cannibalize the existing ones in this mod, so it would be a bit of a headache to use.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 76 comments
Per page: 1530 50