Counter-Strike 2

Counter-Strike 2

AWP - ASIIMOV
Cletus 12 Nov, 2013 @ 6:56am
Question
I LOVE your AWP and M4.

Out of curiosity, how did you get the paint job to include the barrel and scope? Whenever I try to do a paint job, it excludes those parts and just paints the body.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Traxar" 12 Nov, 2013 @ 9:32am 
nice
ODESSA 12 Nov, 2013 @ 10:49am 
GJ
somebodystopme 12 Nov, 2013 @ 11:13am 
add this
-Its_Raul- 12 Nov, 2013 @ 11:55am 
He did a custom paint job. Meaning he directly edited the VTF file and drew on that. He did not use the workbench to create the skin. Meaning he did not use "patina, anodized, spraypainted," or other premade skin tools. He drew the skin in a program (probably photoshop) and then uploaded it onto the workbench.
ok, this is probably the dumbest question, but how do I get this skin (or any other skin made in workbench) and use it in my CS:GO? (sorry for such a basic question)
Boindil 12 Nov, 2013 @ 12:44pm 
there is a seperate scope vtf file
may this helps u
Cletus 12 Nov, 2013 @ 12:51pm 
Originally posted by Violent Vagina:
He did a custom paint job. Meaning he directly edited the VTF file and drew on that. He did not use the workbench to create the skin. Meaning he did not use "patina, anodized, spraypainted," or other premade skin tools. He drew the skin in a program (probably photoshop) and then uploaded it onto the workbench.

I know that, but the workshop ignores the barrel and scope when I select the "Custom Paint Job" finish.

Originally posted by Boindil GER:
there is a seperate scope vtf file
may this helps u

How do I open up more than one VTF file in the workbench? The sample TGA file that Valve provides show the barrel and scope in it. Why would there be a separate file?
_ _ 12 Nov, 2013 @ 1:22pm 
I wanna know how paint that weapon parts too..... the autor could explain this....
;-)
G-Rew 12 Nov, 2013 @ 3:44pm 
man this ♥♥♥♥ is sick i want it
Coridium  [developer] 12 Nov, 2013 @ 3:46pm 
Hi all!

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I struggled for a while trying to understand why the barrel and the scope (and some other parts) would not accept custom paint on the AWP. After much playing around I figured out that the wear on the weapon is stronger on different parts of the weapon. (I guess the barrel gets hot and the scope sticks out so it makes sense these areas get more damaged)

To get custom paint on these areas you have to play around with the speed at which different parts take damage, you can do this by editing the alpha of the texture. The darker the alpha the longer that section will take to damage. (see this link for valves write-up on it http://blog.counter-strike.net/workshop/finishes/durability_b.html)

I hope that makes sense, I will try to post some examples when I get back from holidays. :-)

Cheers
Chris
Cletus 12 Nov, 2013 @ 3:52pm 
Even when I have the settings on Factory New, it still doesn't show a pattern, and it doesn't show anything when I hit the little UV button in the bottom right.
Coridium  [developer] 12 Nov, 2013 @ 3:58pm 
Did you custom edit the alpha channel? Also it only works on certain paint modes. Try changing the alpha of your texture to be dark and try changing paint modes.
_ _ 12 Nov, 2013 @ 11:45pm 
OK. When you have free time.... please... a tutorial how did you get the paint job to include the barrel and scope.
;-)
1WINNER 13 Nov, 2013 @ 4:04am 
very nice :D
Watermelonfantasy 13 Nov, 2013 @ 5:20am 
Nice
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Per page: 1530 50