This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Alf21  [developer] 15 Apr, 2018 @ 1:54pm
Suggestions
Here you can e.g. ask for new roles...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Zoid 26 Apr, 2018 @ 2:58pm 
Endurer:Can win with all sides, no buy menu. Main goal just Survive
Amnesiac:Is a neutral at the start. Either the first body he finds then he becomes that role or he can find a body of his choosing and take their role. Once he changes roles he cannot change back.
Assassin:Has one Target that needs to be killed (randomly selected) Once killed he turns to a neutral role that needs to survive to win (turns into Endurer)

Hope these get added. My friends and i really love what you are doing. Keep up the good work. :D
Zoid 28 Apr, 2018 @ 7:53am 
Originally posted by Alf21:
Originally posted by ♠Zoidberg♠:
Endurer:Can win with all sides, no buy menu. Main goal just Survive
Amnesiac:Is a neutral at the start. Either the first body he finds then he becomes that role or he can find a body of his choosing and take their role. Once he changes roles he cannot change back.
Assassin:Has one Target that needs to be killed (randomly selected) Once killed he turns to a neutral role that needs to survive to win (turns into Endurer)

Hope these get added. My friends and i really love what you are doing. Keep up the good work. :D

Okay nice ideas! But i need some more information. How to detect the Endurer? And if you say „he can win with all sides“, do you mean a doubled win like he survives with innocent so innos AND endurer wins?

Im going to start implementing these roles next.

I got this idea from a game called town of salem. The way i would like for him to work would be to play the game. If he gets killed he loses. All roles are not able to see what his role is except for clairvoyant. If traitors thinks he is a regular innocent then he might have to give his role away. The problem with this is that it is unknown if he is lying or not. This could have its own consequences by people killing him because they dont want him involved with a 1v1 situation with him on the side. When a game gets into a 1v1 between 2 opposing roles he can decide who wants to win with and could spice up the game a little bit more. People could also fake being Endurer to trick others to not kill them. Sorry for not explaining this well. Ill copy paste the abillities to show.

Alignment: Neutral (Benign)

Abilities:

Put on a bulletproof vest at night, protecting you from attacks.
Attributes:

You can only use the bulletproof vest 4 times.
Goal: Live to the end of the game.
Shame 5 Jun, 2018 @ 7:15am 
I thought of a role or two that could be interesting if it would work.
What about a "Diplomat" or "Pardoner" which can convert traitors into innocents when they kill them. They reside on the team of the innocents.
And perhaps a role that does the opposite and resides on the team of the traitors and can convert innocents they kill into traitors. The only thing I could think of calling this one would be along the lines of "Inquistor" or "Activist".
I was thinking that it would work on a similar system to the infected or something but I am not sure myself.
fskin 6 Jun, 2018 @ 9:53am 
Hey, I was thinking about learning .lua to make these roles myself if noone else does but that might take some time so if you like them, you might add them yourself, i don't take credit:

Cannibal:
The cannibal has 1 objective: Eat a certain amount of bodies. However, he cannot eat the bodies of people he has killed
himself. He's a scavenger, not a predator. If he eats the specified amount of bodies, he wins the round.
Meaning: Innocents and traitors should be careful and identify cannibals as fast as possible to eliminate them.
Even if there's a cannibal, the round ends when all traitors have died, leaving the poor cannibal behind starving.
Optional: Give the cannibal a weapon he can use to get 1 kill, leaving an edible body behind. (An special knife, perhaps?)
Optional 2: The Cannibal starves after a certain time of not eating a body, so he has a certain pressure on him to get people
to kill each other.

Spy:
The Spy is a very rare role that substitutes one of the traitors. The spy is an undercover innocent who has infiltrated
the rows of the traitors. Traitors will see him as a fellow traitor, whereas the spy himself doesn't know who the traitors
are, only that he's a spy. The Spy doesn't have access to the traitor shop and he, of course, doesn't gain anything
from killing Innocents. Not buying anything and not helping with killing innocents can blow the Spy's cover, not to mention
that the game doesn't end until either he or the traitors die.

fskin 21 Jun, 2018 @ 8:26am 
Ich hätte noch die Idee gehabt, den Arsonist aus Town of Salem vllt. zu übernehmen.

Hatte mir das so überlegt, dass der Arsonist, wie z. B. SK, als Letzter überleben will. Er dealt jedoch nicht 100% damage (sollte relativ wenig sein, 15%-30% vllt?), kann dafür aber Leute mit "E" bzw. halt Use mit Benzin übergießen. Das soll mMn keine Geräusche verursachen, dafür aber vllt. 1-2 Sekunden dauern.

Der Arsonist hat dann quasi als Spezialwaffe den Switch, mit dem er alle, die er übergossen hat, gleichzeitig zu Tode brennen kann. Auffällig ist's dann halt, wenn derselbe Typ aus irgendeinem Grund einer Menge Leute extrem nah kommt, offensichtlich, um sie zu dousen.

Problem ist, dass ich z. B. in ner eher kleineren Gruppe von 6-12 Leuten spiele. Auf größeren Servern ist diese Rolle vielleicht zu schwach, da 30+ Leuten hinterherlaufen dann doch sehr schwierig ist ^^ Aber vllt fällt einem ja was ein, wenn die Rolle gefällt.
Tea Parrot 8 Oct, 2018 @ 5:02am 
I hope suggestions for existing roles are fine too.

Jester: I'd like to see one or multiple extra options for jesters regarding their rewards for getting killed. For example, killing the killer of the jester in addition to respawning the jester, giving the jester the role of their killer and/or turning the jester into a traitor when killed.

Hitman: Maybe a simple option that reveals the role of the hitman player to everyone when they kill someone that is not on their objective list. This might be especially fun for low-player groups.

Infected: Most players on our server seem to accidently kill their converts quite a lot, perhaps an option to delay the respawning of the converted victims might be useful.
Another option I'd want would be option to prevent infected players from damaging anyone with something other than the knife.
Perhaps an option to scale the damage/health/speed of the infected up or down too.
D1.yt 9 Mar, 2019 @ 8:17am 
Ich hatte grade einen Einfall. Bei manchen Maps fehlen ja zum Beispiel die Dächer-texturen oder andere Texturen an Stellen, an die man zum Beispiel ohne Spezialitem nicht hinkommen würde. Diese könnte man ja zumindest provisorisch mit Props "zustopfen" und mit PermaProps o.Ä. auf der Map speichern. Zur Zeit müsste man dafür erst den Gamemode ändern. Wäre es möglich einfach gamemode files aus der Sandbox einzubinden, damit man die nötigen Menüs (Propspawn+Tools) in TTT abrufen kann?
Alf21  [developer] 9 Mar, 2019 @ 8:59am 
Möglich ist es schon über modifizieren, Prevention u.a.. kannst dafür gerne nen PR auf GitHub erstellen bzw. nen Issue öffnen, wenn du selbst nicht programmieren kannst. Ist der beste Weg, denn das sollte ein neues Add-on werden, da man dafür nicht den Gamemode ändern braucht.
Vizzys 13 Mar, 2019 @ 4:45am 
ever consider adding support for cars. meaning if someone is driving a car and runs someone over they get proper kill credit, would be great for the map ttt_sandraiders (admittedly the only decent car based ttt map) Just something i feel ttt should have had a long time ago.
Carter 6 Apr, 2019 @ 3:37pm 
Add additional convar support to Jester so that admins can toggle:
1. Ability for Traitors to see who the Jester is.
2. If a Traitor kills the jester the round does not immediately end but the Jester wins.
3. Jester appears at a customizable, random interval i.e. 1 in 7 rounds
Alf21  [developer] 6 Apr, 2019 @ 3:53pm 
Already included:
1. doesn't make sense since the traitor wouldn't kill anyone anymore.
2. use another winstate
3. use the role random convar
Mifune 27 Jun, 2019 @ 1:45pm 
I suggest adjusting the sprint to also allow a double w press to sprint. For reference, I replaced the base sprint with this one (https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=933056549) and it just offers so much more customizability. But it lacks the stylistic fit to the TTT2 UI.
Last edited by Mifune; 22 Jul, 2019 @ 7:59am
8Z 22 Jul, 2019 @ 3:43am 
I've considered a kind of "fake detective" role, probably suitable for large servers. It's two roles that always come in a pair.

Doppelganger - On the traitor side, but everyone sees him as the Detective, including other traitors (takes up detective slot).
Comes with detective equipment but does not have credit shop.

Framed - On the innocent side. The Framed and the Doppelganger know who each other are.
Doesn't start with detective equipment, but has a credit shop. He starts with no credits, and can only gain (a large sum of) credits by killing the Doppelganger.

Once either the Framed or the Doppelganger's identity is revealed by searching body, the facade falls.
If the Framed dies, the Doppelganger is revealed as traitor; and if the Doppelganger is searched and exposed, the Framed turns Detective.

I think this will create an interesting dynamic between the two roles. The Doppelganger wants the Framed to die, but not have the body searched and his identity exposed. The Framed wants to kill the Doppelganger, but must do so without being framed as traitor.
Last edited by 8Z; 22 Jul, 2019 @ 3:44am
MMMM(O_O) 12 Oct, 2019 @ 1:08am 
Can we please get a ULX config for changing the damage reduction based on what limbs are hit? The way that TTT reduces arm damage (which literally cover the chest) by 50% is absurd for gameplay. TTT2 automatically overrides changes I made to the base TTT gamemode and I don't know how to fix that.
Alf21  [developer] 16 Nov, 2019 @ 3:55am 
@MMMM(O_O) you could create a PullRequest on GitHub with your prefered changes, maybe customizable with the help of ConVars :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 1530 50