RimWorld

RimWorld

Rimefeller
Swedu 14 Jun, 2022 @ 10:48am
NullReferenceException when cleaning spill.
My only guess how to replicate is start game with a bunch of mods + RImfeller set up oil wells, oil cracker and then wait for a spill and try to clean it.

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Hanna driver=JobDriver_CleanOil (toilIndex=2) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Verse.AI.JobDriver.get_TargetLocA () [0x00000] in <81af9f8a18324e17b286924a43555a7c>:0 at Rimefeller.JobDriver_CleanOil+<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<MakeNewToils>b__0 () [0x000b1] in <ad80e8f0f37446b18715944af8f948ef>:0 at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch0(Verse.AI.JobDriver) UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace () Verse.Log:Error (string) Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob (Verse.Pawn,string,System.Exception,Verse.AI.JobDriver) (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver:Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch0 (Verse.AI.JobDriver) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick () Verse.Pawn:Tick () Verse.TickList:Tick () (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch2 (Verse.TickManager) Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate () Verse.Game:UpdatePlay () (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root_Play:Verse.Root_Play.Update_Patch1 (Verse.Root_Play)

This comes up after the colonist has cleaned the spill. For every spill.
Any help appreciated.
Last edited by Swedu; 14 Jun, 2022 @ 10:49am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Dubwise  [developer] 13 Jul, 2022 @ 5:26am 
you have harmony patches on the job functions like DriverTick_Patch0, since its modified i can't really help you other than suggest removing the mod that patches that function
Arcimbaldo 16 Nov, 2022 @ 3:27pm 
Originally posted by SwedishFreaK:
My only guess how to replicate is start game with a bunch of mods + RImfeller set up oil wells, oil cracker and then wait for a spill and try to clean it.

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Hanna driver=JobDriver_CleanOil (toilIndex=2) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an ins

Any help appreciated.
Did you work out what mod was causing this? Noticed the same error when my Mechanoids try to clean up an oil spill
Swedu 22 Nov, 2022 @ 2:45pm 
Originally posted by Arcimbaldo:
Originally posted by SwedishFreaK:

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn Hanna driver=JobDriver_CleanOil (toilIndex=2) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an ins

Any help appreciated.
Did you work out what mod was causing this? Noticed the same error when my Mechanoids try to clean up an oil spill

I believe it was Rimfeller, andit stopped happening after I verified game files. *shrugs*
byadge menshinkai 25 Sep, 2023 @ 6:26am 
Just for anyone still facing this like me, not sure what is causing it, but I know how to avoid as well as fix it.

To avoid:
Whenever there is Oil spill, don't IMMEDIATELY go for cleaning. Wait for Oil Slick to spawn on the ground and only THEN order pawn to clean it.

How to fix is:
So, you went ahead and cleaned it quick and got the bug. Now what?
Well, you have to enable Dev mode, go to "Spawn Things" and search for "Flith_OilSlick" and spawn that on the ground where you have the problem.
Now, just let your pawn clean it normally and it should be gone.
Ziku 4 Mar @ 11:25am 
@byadge menshinkai you are true savior! ^^
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50