Edge Of Reality
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Kill Master  [developer] 29 Sep, 2017 @ 12:08am
Bug list (Please post bugs here)
Please post any map related bugs and glitches here. :peace:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Navota 30 Sep, 2017 @ 5:35am 
#1 Im not sure, if its a general engine thing or an actual setting to change, but the trader portals (and other traders on custom maps) are no longer drawn if not in your view.. If you play on the highest fov, you can see the trader (- portal) vanish
#2 with the extreme jump in zed time you can pass the level bounds and fall to death
Last edited by Navota; 30 Sep, 2017 @ 5:48am
missing.trigger 30 Sep, 2017 @ 6:57am 
gravity is super broken, on my first playthrough I pass map borders
Last edited by missing.trigger; 30 Sep, 2017 @ 7:08am
Kill Master  [developer] 30 Sep, 2017 @ 11:12am 
Originally posted by Navota:
#1 Im not sure, if its a general engine thing or an actual setting to change, but the trader portals (and other traders on custom maps) are no longer drawn if not in your view.. If you play on the highest fov, you can see the trader (- portal) vanish
#2 with the extreme jump in zed time you can pass the level bounds and fall to death

The premature clipping of certain geometry is an issue with UE3, although the shader I have on the 2D planes that cause them to always be facing the player isn’t helping the situation either.

And about leaving the play area during Zed time.
I’m just going to build a giant box of collision around the playable areas of the map to prevent the player from ever leaving it.

Fixed.
Last edited by Kill Master; 30 Sep, 2017 @ 11:19pm
GabenPlzNerf 9 Nov, 2017 @ 7:12pm 
In the dark area of the map the first person animations stutter alot making it really unpleasent to use a magnified scope.
GabenPlzNerf 9 Nov, 2017 @ 8:03pm 
I am aware this is because you are way farther from point origin, but maybe that area could be relocated somewhere closer?
Rokk 16 Nov, 2017 @ 5:24am 
It seems like this map acts a little weirdly on servers. The low gravity works fine in single player, but on servers, gravity appears to be normal. That is, until zed time activates, at which point I can practically float away.

In the higher gravity zone (with the dark floor), I also tend to "slide" a little across the floor. It's a very subtle effect, as if I'm walking on ice.
Last edited by Rokk; 16 Nov, 2017 @ 5:25am
Dargoos >:3 21 Feb, 2018 @ 5:50pm 
Why does it keep crashing when i try to boot it up. I verified the game files too
Kill Master  [developer] 21 Feb, 2018 @ 6:04pm 
Originally posted by Ender:
Why does it keep crashing when i try to boot it up. I verified the game files too
Would you be able to provide a basic breakdown of you system specs, you only the second person I’ve heard from who’s had crashing issues.
damn_pastor 10 Jun, 2018 @ 7:55am 
Ive found a portal which works only from one side.
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1408110050
Kill Master  [developer] 10 Jun, 2018 @ 11:25am 
Originally posted by damn_pastor:
Ive found a portal which works only from one side.
I've just given the map a full play through and haven't found there to be any issues with any of the teleporters.
This may have been a "one off" anomaly, if it shows up again please repost the bug report with any additional information.
Eg. game mode, installed mods or mutators, SP or MP, if MP total player count

As an additional note in order to be teleported the player must approach the center of the frame to be successfully teleported as the teleporter actor radius is quite a bit smaller that the size of the frame.
Prich 30 Dec, 2018 @ 9:11am 
I played this map on a random server I found in the browser. I had killed all but two of the zeds in in a wave, and they weren't coming to get me. One I wasn't able to locate (I would turn the camera to follow the symbol for it, but I could never home in on it). This may be because it was through a portal; I'm not sure. The other zed was stuck at the edge of the tree area. I coudn't damage him with anything (bullets, melee, or explosions), so I just had to quit.
Windows11 10 Apr, 2019 @ 7:54am 
Camera is stuck after using portal
GabenPlzNerf 23 Jun, 2019 @ 10:08am 
Hey this map used to be a fan favorite in our servers, however it has since dropped off as it is VERY slow in higher player counts. Is there a way I could fix this/ Do I have you permission to modify it?
Kill Master  [developer] 23 Jun, 2019 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Scronk:
Hey this map used to be a fan favorite in our servers, however it has since dropped off as it is VERY slow in higher player counts. Is there a way I could fix this/ Do I have you permission to modify it?
The performance issues stem from the complex material shaders in the "white" area and on the water.
The high tris count panels that make up the bulk of the level don’t help anything either.

If you want to try and tackle performance issues listed above you have my permission to do so, just make sure that the new workshop submission provides credit & links back to the original.

I may at some point go in and fix the issues myself, but I wouldn’t expect that to happen any time soon.
Last edited by Kill Master; 23 Jun, 2019 @ 4:11pm
Stupid Plant 14 Mar, 2020 @ 8:46pm 
idk if it's a bug or if i'm just stupid but there doesn't seem to be an upgrade pod anywhere on the map, the marker keeps telling me to go out of bounds
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50