Darkest Dungeon®

Darkest Dungeon®

Unleashing of the Kraken - New Enemy for the Cove
Vantris 23 Jul, 2017 @ 2:02pm
Thoughts on "Unleashing of the Kraken"
First of all I would like to say good job to whoever did the art for the kraken as the boss itself looks great. To get started I'm going to talk about the main star of the mod which is the kraken itself. I really do like the mechanic with the prot buffs and debuffs however from what I have seen so far none of your enemies iwth riposte have any attack animations so it just looks wierd when you take damage and nothing is actually hitting you. The "ghostly skeletons" are nice and have a decent dodge mechanic as well. The snails I'm not a fan of and one of their attacks has a typo which says "fear of crimson tide" instead of fear of THE crimson tide. Your enemies also seem to have a high spawn rate then the vanilla enemies though that could just the the random dungeon generator. One major issue I have with the boss is that the tentacles and the boss itself are always overlapping which almost looks like it is glitching. Other then a few typos here and there overall a very decent mod. I do hope to edit this as time goes on but need more time to test.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
ABSOLUT 25 Jul, 2017 @ 2:38am 
I think you need to change the number of tentacles of the Kraken from 3 to 2 so that the Kraken could take 2 slots opponents and change the health of the Kraken from 80 hp to 100 (110 hp), or you can add 30-40% to the appearance of tentacles with the eye instead of the usual tentacles .
Blorem 26 Jul, 2017 @ 7:32pm 
I think the snails are too strong, an always-on riposte that can bleed is way too good. At least make them have to set up the riposte with a move, and make it last 1 or 2 rounds. As it stands, the snails do way too much damage and are too tanky.
Besides that, I like most of the enemies, although I have yet to fight the Kraken.
davide 10 Sep, 2017 @ 1:16pm 
will you post you mods about monsters on Nx too ?
Ranger 21 Nov, 2017 @ 5:48pm 
how many lives does the kraken have i killed him 3 times
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50