Starbound

Starbound

DigitalStorage
CatChris 11 Jul, 2018 @ 5:19pm
Machine Suggestions
I'm making this discussion so I can share some machines I came up with, and maybe provide an area for others to do the same, now let's start with the machines!

Signal Access Core - A crafting component meant to allow longway Data Matter Conversions, allowing interstelar access of the same items, it is also used in most vending machines and big markets.
Recipe: 10 Circuit Boards, 5 Durasteel, 5 Violium, 5 Aegisalt, 5 Ferozium, 1 Diamond, and 25 copper wires.

Signal Beacons - these allow you to connect systems from where ever you want, including off planet. Utilizing a channel system, they connect to any beacon with the same channel number as them. They must be connected to a system controller on at least one side of the connection, otherwise they won't functon. you can also password lock a channel, preventing unwanted hyjackers from accessing your storage from the safety of their home.
Recipe: 1 Signal Access Core, 1 Battery, 5 Gold Bars, 5 Circuit Boards,10 Durasteel,10 Copper Wires, And 1 Empty Card for 1 Signal Beacon.

Mobile Access Terminal: This device can be used from the inventory to access any storage systme connected to a Signal Beacon. It has two tabs, one for accessing the storage, and one for changing the channel. Other than that, it just acts like a normal terminal. (Doesn't Stack)
Recipe: 1 Signal Beacon, 1 Terminal, 2 Empty Cards, 1 Battery, 5 copper wires, and 5 Ferozium for 1 Mobile Access Terminal.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Hiran  [developer] 12 Jul, 2018 @ 1:17am 
@CatChris
Its impossible to load area and interact with entities and objects not in the same world as player currently is in, even in multiplayer (one player somewhere far, one close to network). This basically means that first device can`t be done (game limitation, they would have to change this in game, then it would be possible).
Signal Beacons and Mobile Terminals are possible when limited to the same planet, and they might be useful, I will think about those, but after autocrafing.
Last edited by Hiran; 12 Jul, 2018 @ 1:18am
CatChris 12 Jul, 2018 @ 5:06am 
Thanks for the response.
SolarDragon 29 Nov, 2018 @ 10:50pm 
A Transfer node that grabbs stuff from all container that can contain items within a 20X20 radius so automatic resource gathering would be possible with the Idle factories mod installed. (I suck at naming so I'm not even going to try)
scimuse 4 Dec, 2018 @ 8:45am 
not sure if this is valid suggestion or not. i was thinking about the wireless access. could you make an EPP module or augment that basically contains all your storage stuff and since it is with you all the time it sort of works around the unloading issue? if it works, a handheld something or other could be used to store and get the info/storage in the EPP/augment.
Last edited by scimuse; 4 Dec, 2018 @ 8:47am
The Iterator 27 Aug, 2019 @ 5:17am 
These are not exactly new machines, but I think these are features of already existing machines that should be added.

First of all, the terminal should have an option to keep the input you have typed in whenever you exit it.

This way you can have specialized terminals near your crafting station and can instantly look just for items you need. For example "<c>food ingredient"

Also it would be great to somehow eliminate the initial lag when the items are loading. It really hampers the ability to quickly jump to the terminal to find a single item.

Second of all, the Holographic Drives should be tag-able. There should be an option to either name the drive, or tag it with number. This tag then could be used in the terminal: <d>3 / <d>supplies

Third, the Controller should be an interactive object where you would be able to configure several aspects of the DS system (see how much space do you have, perhaps even see what components are connected).

Perhaps it should have it's own inbuilt terminal, or you could set the settings of your Drives more comfortably while they are still connected.

Something like that.
ChewedPencil 22 Oct, 2019 @ 2:09pm 
Im pretty sure Frackin Universe has a chunk loader already called the Watcher. So the OPs idea could work if used in tandem with that.
A. Square 13 Mar, 2020 @ 11:35pm 
Watcher doesn't work between planets
Hiran  [developer] 20 Apr, 2020 @ 11:31pm 
There is no way to load world other than in which player is currently in & theres no way to reach other world (call an object) so I cant do anything in this area.
Only thing thats possible would be device "tablet" of sorts in which you can put drive in and interact with its content.
crustysocks 25 Dec, 2021 @ 8:21pm 
it'd be nice if all the machines where grouped in there own unique crafting table to reduce clutter in the inventors table. i am under the impression your already working on that, but i still thought it worth mentioning
Last edited by crustysocks; 25 Dec, 2021 @ 8:21pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50