RimWorld

RimWorld

Colony Leadership A17
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Nandonalt  [developer] 2 Feb, 2017 @ 9:57am
SUGGESTIONS
Suggest new things or changes to the mod here! :)
Last edited by Nandonalt; 2 Feb, 2017 @ 9:58am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
I'm InDaSkies 2 Feb, 2017 @ 11:30am 
allow the change of domocracy to dictatorship mid-game.

Different ranks with leaders ( President, and vice-president, and other roles/ranks)
Roque the Rogue 2 Feb, 2017 @ 12:27pm 
I have suggested a number of space-age goverment types in the comment section unfortunately. If you I can copy them here. Sem problema
Drasca 3 Feb, 2017 @ 8:11am 
Please let me be able to close out the leadership mod window. I need to bypass it during caravan runs. If there's no settlement (abandoned), then that pop up occurs and I cannot progress during a caravan ambush encounter, as it constantly asks me what leadership form I need, and repeats itself. Buggy as ♥♥♥♥.

To reproduce this bug, form a caravan, abandon your settlement, then dev mode force an ambush encounter. You'll see what I mean
Drasca 3 Feb, 2017 @ 9:53am 
Ok, the bug only occurs when switching out mods / mods update, and the window pops up erroneously. I would still like to be able to defer this choice until later.
Nandonalt  [developer] 3 Feb, 2017 @ 10:35am 
It's a little buggy because the way I found to store data to saves is by saving to your base maps. I'll look into the ambush issue.
Drasca 3 Feb, 2017 @ 11:11am 
Ugh yeah. If I have no base map, which includes raiding others, I get the pop up and the data cannot be saved to rading faction bases, thus infinite loop of asking what government I have. It happens. I would really appreciate being able to bypass this window, or for it to not ask me immediately.
Uncleeurope 4 Feb, 2017 @ 1:54am 
A "Social Leader" or "Inspirational Leader" Who just makes people happy/encouareged helps with grief, maybe helps to rev people up.

I just feel like the social stat alone could make for its own leader type. *Shrugs*
That Kid 4 Feb, 2017 @ 2:47am 
I feel that either "Democracy" or "Dictatorship" is too limiting. Perhaps a couple of others? Monarchy? Theocracy(More fun if you have that Cthulhu Cult mod ;) )? Tribal Chiefdom? Personally, I'd even throw in a "Warrior King"- the physically strongest colonist- or other individual skill-based leaders. Your current system would mesh well with this concept, I think... or would this be too difficult to code?

I'd also like to see more fluid leadership. Your plutocratic colony runs out of silver, the leaders are forced down, and a communist leadership forms, only to fall apart if the player is careless. Perhaps some types of leaderships can only form through these rebellions?

With multiple leaders, things get more complex. Do all of them have equal power, or is there a chain of command? Do they all serve a single individual, or is there a power couple in play? What happens if one is killed in a raid? If the Leading Botanist dies of infection, another can take their place. But if your God-King is killed in a raid, will your colony survive the chaos?

Your opportunities with this mod are nearly endless and I love it!
Last edited by That Kid; 4 Feb, 2017 @ 3:03am
Kartmann 4 Feb, 2017 @ 7:37am 
This is such a great, creative mod that i''ve been dreamed that happened in RimWorld! However maybe you need overhaul the political aspect. Like ranks in colony so there are some kinds of Marshall or Head Scientist, etc. which can later be formed as council, and so it can even expanded to colony policies.

Keep up the good work!
Nandonalt  [developer] 4 Feb, 2017 @ 9:56am 
The problem of making multiple leadership types is to make them unique. Like, a Monarchy mod could be a mod of its own, and so on. I'm focusing on the democracy aspect for now.
The mod will not change drastically on this version of rimworld, because it would break saves.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll take them into account :steamhappy:
That Kid 5 Feb, 2017 @ 4:59am 
Uniqueness could be established with mood buffs for some of the leadership types. In a Communist colony, colonists could have mood debuffs if anyone had a better room than anyone else, like the Jealous trait. In contrast, that same colony could get massive work speed boosts, because everyone is the leader, and has the "aura".

I understand wanting to wait, though. A16 is a bit of a buggy update.
vvbudh 5 Feb, 2017 @ 5:36pm 
Could you add at the teaching table a "teaching topic"? My leader is a scientist, but he's also a good gardener can you make it so he teaches gardening too?
Fluffless 6 Feb, 2017 @ 3:36am 
Originally posted by vvbudh:
Could you add at the teaching table a "teaching topic"? My leader is a scientist, but he's also a good gardener can you make it so he teaches gardening too?
I'd like to second this. I've researched everything and watching my colonists getting a lesson in research is a little annoying.
Also: On which criteria do colonists elect a leader? As of now, I only had "intellectual" leaders. However, having one intellectual leader and one military-kind leader would (also) make sense, especially if a colony gets raided every 3 days.
I'm InDaSkies 6 Feb, 2017 @ 11:45am 
Whitengra is basically suggesting that you add all the types of governments from EU4
Chandler 6 Feb, 2017 @ 4:54pm 
What about a council because i've noticed other colonys have councilmen.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Per page: 1530 50