Master of Orion
OLD - Fighter and missle mods
Fighter and Missile mods - feedback and tweaks
My Attempt at makeing fighter bays a viable option.
*more detailed info for those who want it*
All fighters have had their flight speeds increased and all bays now take 40 space.

Fighters have two guns and fly as packs of 6 with a range of 120.
acceleration is 16
max velocity is 16 with the drive range set from 8 to 16

Bombers use overloaded torpedos and fly in packs of 5 with a range of 100.
acceleration is 14
max velocity is 14 with the drive range set from 7 to 14

Heavy fighters have both two guns and a torpedo and fly in packs of 4 with a range of 110.
acceleration is 18
max velocity is 18 with the drive range set from 10 to 18

Missles have had their ranges and speeds adjusted.
ranges: / speeds:
Nuke: 75 / 11
Merculite 85 / 13
Pulson 95 / 15
Zeon is 105 / 17

originaly missiles were all set at range 60 and speed 11

I think this adjustment give you a nice little niche to use the fighters and bombers in the mid game, and allows you to build a true carrier to be a stand-off platform for the fighters- just like they are used in sea warfare.

To offset the missle speed change the Point defence modifier was adjusted slightly the cooldown is now 50% faster VS 25% and the Accuracy is now +33% VS +25%
this also gives the fighters and heavy fighters a slight boost to their hit chance. and helps make point defence more effective VS missiles and fighters

Built and tested on version 54.11

I tested this using save games at various points along the tech tree. but am only now giveing it a full play through...

it's possible there could be a problem with the torpedos on the bombers if you, just happened to pick the wrong techs along the way, i'm not quite sure how the game will respond to not haveing torpedos and the mods tech researched, lucky for us their both a few tiers before the bombers and not part of a tech choice.

So I'd appreciate any feedback you all have, and if you encounter any bugs give me a discription of the problem and i'll look into it.
< >
Показване на 1-3 от 3 коментара
So I've been running through a new play through with this mod, and noticed that the first fighter bays still get weak before you get bombers because of the lack of a upgraded point defence weapon after mass drivers... Base game the next PD weapon is Phasers... I like to run the railgun mod by breckwilhite, which helps a bit... But i think i need to add another PD capable weapon after the mass driver.
I'm looking at adding a 18 damage gun based on the netron gun thats PD capable... Right now the fighters work good for a bit, they compare well to unmodded merculite missles, then really fall behind about two tiers later when you get pulson missiles. A new PD gun should alow them to keep up with the unmodded pulson untill you get the bombers...
I'll keep at it and see how it goes...
Последно редактиран от killerproblem; 13 ян. 2017 в 4:55
yep 18 damage gun did the trick to fill in the gap...
proton Pulse Cannon : http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=841482008
In attempting to improve my fighter mod, i put a lot of research into just HOW the fighters work in this installment of MOO...

The first thing i found was that the "cooldown" for the fighter bays constantly cycles, and the re-launch of the fighters is held untill the current cycle is complete - no matter how many cycles it went through while they were out of the bay, nor does the game care where in the cycle the last fighter lands it just loops on endlessly...

Next, fighters will engage the FIRST ship that comes within their firing arc, and continue to the target point that they were launched to... IF they take long enough to get to the target point to cycle their weapons again they will fire at the nearest ship again... This continues till they get back to their bays. With all stock settings i got fighters to fire 3 times in a flight an bombers to fire 2 times... The fun part was that the bombers fired at a ship right next to the carrier on launch, an again on a ship next to the carrier coming in for a landing - but NEVER fired at the intended target.

Third, the bombs released by bombers WILL re-target if their target is destroyed and there is another enemy within a VERY short distance - say about 5 range or about 1/2 normal PD range...

The last thing was fairly funny... If fighters are out of the carrier when the carrier dies they will continue to hunt down enemy ships until they are destroyed... Or you win...

In reviewing what changes work best on the fighters i found that my changes to the shipblueprint file just didn't matter... Really you can completely remove these entries from the game and there's NO effect... I tried giving the bombers 10,000 space and 10 slots of 100 bombs... It did absolutely nothing. They worked exactly as before... They won't use any changes you input...
So a big Rework of this Mod in in progress now...
< >
Показване на 1-3 от 3 коментара
На страница: 1530 50