Space Engineers

Space Engineers

Automatic LCDs 2
MMaster  [developer] 21 Dec, 2016 @ 2:09pm
SUGGESTIONS
Did you read whole guide and you didn't find the feature that you would like?

In-game scripts have hard limit on how large they can be so some features can't fit, but I will try to add useful features so please let me know here and I will see if its possible to add.

Thanks!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 256 comments
RangeRunner 23 Dec, 2016 @ 4:49am 
can you add a damage command that will only show block damaged below a surtent health?
for axapele if i set it to 80% it will only show damage block that ther health is blow 80%
this command will be usefull because its annoying to see the blocks in the LCD as soon as they hit 99.99%
Kham 27 Dec, 2016 @ 7:31am 
Something I've been meaning to ask for a while, is there any way you could add a "Cargo" command which is somewhere between Cargo and CargoAll? By that I mean, something which covers cargo containers, drills, welders, and grinders for example.
The number of modded blocks which contain inventory but are not actually usable as inventory space is ever increasing and on some ships it's a tad annoying having to find all usable cargo items to group them to get an accurate cargo limit.
Our recent drill ship turned out to be a tad useless because we hadn't accounted for the fact that CargoAll was counting shield generators, reactors etc.
MMaster  [developer] 27 Dec, 2016 @ 12:08pm 
@TheFutureGamer yes this will be added :)
@Kham Problem is that all modded blocks are derived from vanilla blocks and if I would list only specific vanilla subtypes of blocks then no modded blocks would work :( Is there some specific vanilla block that those mods extend that has inventory which is not usable that I could theoretically filter out?
Kham 27 Dec, 2016 @ 1:04pm 
Ahh, yeah for some reason I assumed you would be using the TypeID rather than the SubtypeID to get all cargo containers for the Cargo command so I'd figured it'd be easy enough to add in an option which looked for all four of the TypeIDs mentioned above. I didn't realise you would have to specify their SubtypeID so yeah that'd make things much more complicated since mods tend to use uniquie Subtypes.

There are workarounds I can use, such as grouping all drills and cargo containers together on a drill ship and doing the CargoAll command on that group, it was really just to save me making groups to include drills in the cargo capacity lol.
MMaster  [developer] 27 Dec, 2016 @ 1:21pm 
I don't need to use subtype ids. Script uses typeids .. but mods cannot change typeids so all of the mods use one of the vanilla typeids. Thats why I asked you if you know which vanilla block do the mods extend and if that block has the same behavior in vanilla. because if not then it doesn't matter what typeid I filter out .. there will be mods that will use that block like vanilla and there will be mods that modify it to make the inventory unavailable and I have no way to check that :/
Kham 27 Dec, 2016 @ 1:26pm 
Ah ok I see what you mean. Yeah the blocks I'm talking about are based on refineries, so probably best not to filter those out. That was why I was asking more for a cargo of simply the four block types I mentioned as it wouldn't need further filtering as most mods don't use those TypeIDs unless their blocks are also capable of having inventory in them. Sorry man, I think I over complicated my request with surplus information haha.
Quarior 3 Jan, 2017 @ 12:46am 
It is possible to add the name of the planet ? (In SANDBOX_0_0_0.sbs, it is <Name>, no <StorageName>.)
Last edited by Quarior; 3 Jan, 2017 @ 1:06am
Erathanos 6 Jan, 2017 @ 3:59pm 
Can't seem to find a way to display Handbrake status.. ( teaching new players who forget to turn them off. ) ( you asked me to post it here )
Sabrewulf 9 Jan, 2017 @ 11:03am 
Why not other centralized script with languages for get from a writeable place?

Can you create a command for interchange screen with another script?
Ex: when receive x = 'missile alert' change screen name or argument to ' john missile script' for s = seconds
I think if you do this you may earn more cooperation from scriptwriters, find other interesting script to help, or maybe receive some help.
Last edited by Sabrewulf; 9 Jan, 2017 @ 11:11am
MMaster  [developer] 12 Jan, 2017 @ 5:13am 
Other scripts can write text to LCD and you can use TextLCD command to display text from that LCD on different LCD along with other Automatic LCDs commands. Other scripts can also change name of the LCD / commands of the LCD so they can change whatever is on LCD and then change it back to Automatic LCDs when they don't need it. There is also details command that supports showing output from control panel details text of the block so even mods can easily add support for this script (and many already do afaik).
I don't plan on making conditionals .. this is not supposed to be another programming language :)
Can we have a command that shows which items are queued for (de)construction in assemblers?
MMaster  [developer] 4 Feb, 2017 @ 7:39am 
As far as I know it is not possible to access assembler queue without mods.
ShadowHunter 5 Feb, 2017 @ 4:43pm 
is it possible for this mod to be capable of reading the charge of cythor's shield mod?
Kham 5 Feb, 2017 @ 5:34pm 
@ShadowHunter you can do "working {name of shield gen} +refinery" without the quotes and then add : to the end of your shield gen
Goose 7 Feb, 2017 @ 1:42am 
as suggested in your guide, would love the ability to be able to sort the Invlist command into alphabetical. would make things much easier to find if the list was alphabetical on something like a HUD for a welding ship
< >
Showing 1-15 of 256 comments
Per page: 1530 50