ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Upgrade Station v1.8i
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Ghazlawl  [developer] 30 Dec, 2016 @ 10:55pm
Bug Reports
Please post bugs here. Please include any errors you see as well as the list of mods you're running. Screenshots are appreciated.

Before Reporting...

Before reporting a bug, please make sure you've done the following to ensure the problem is with the mod and not due to a server/client version mismatch or server configuration:

1. Navigate to your ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\346110\ folder and delete the folder 821530042 and delete the same folder and file from the ...\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\ folder in your ARK client, then unsubscribe and subscribe again.

2. Run the ARK client again to force a clean download and install. If on a server then copy the new files over through whatever means you use for mod management.

3. Should the issue(s) still persist, perform a mod removal/install by deactivating the mod, starting the server/game, connect and force a world save in-game and reactivate the mod - ensure using the latest files.

Automated Updates

It is unwise to solely rely on a server hosts automated mod updating tools. They have repeatedly been shown to cause issues with mods. The most reliable way to ensure the latest mod files are on the server is to upload them using FTP.

Please note...

The buffer overflow bug has been completely fixed. If you're still experiencing a buffer overflow bug please make sure that you're using the latest version of the mod.
Last edited by Ghazlawl; 6 Jan, 2017 @ 9:25am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 438 comments
Reythorn 31 Dec, 2016 @ 6:07am 
I'm also encountering the problem w/ placing the upgrade station. Immediately after placing, it kicked everyone off. It was placed on an S+ platform. I've wiped server after the first instance cause couldn't get back in. Did the same thing immediately after placing the second time. It has to be conflicting with another mod. I've added the collection below.

http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821600903

There is no error code. Everyone just gets kicked and then server times out during connection. Rebooting and wiping didn't help and it's only after placing Upgrade Station.

Update:

No luck moving the mod to the last on the list.

Currently reviewing mod collections that work for others trying to isolate which mods could be causing issues. Current list of possible problem mods are below:

Homing Pigeon: 655261420
Jetpack Mod: 685821575
Pimp my Dino: 655581765
Castle,Keeps, Etc.: 764755314
All in One Xtras: 656489100
Bridges: 558651608
Bionic Ark: 719304020
Reusable+: 693416678

Resolution:
Ran a Steam Update on the server and fixed the issue. Server ran fine this morning despite the new update dropping until I placed the Upgrade Station. Once you install the newest Steam Update it should fix the issue. Thanks to @Hattrick for the advice.
Last edited by Reythorn; 31 Dec, 2016 @ 7:29am
Hattrick 31 Dec, 2016 @ 6:31am 
Same happened to me this morning after the 253.6 update. I didn't notice this mod was updated, so I updated the server and all is well.
Reythorn 31 Dec, 2016 @ 6:33am 
I'm working on updating it again... I have it run an update at 0400 this morning, but better safe than sorry. Will post any resolution.
RePuG 31 Dec, 2016 @ 7:08am 
same issue you here on my server placed the table then a instant black screen to time out message then when anyone near it tries to login that was next to it gets a time out and cant log back in.
Blackwolf74 31 Dec, 2016 @ 8:53am 
i play on the island single player mod worked perfectly but now keep getting item upgrade failed please try again when trying too upgrade
Ghazlawl  [developer] 31 Dec, 2016 @ 9:07am 
@Hattrick @Reythorn - So running the Steam update and making sure the mod was updated fixed the problem? Sounds like it might be a client/server mod version mismatch. I'll get the mod page updated with this resolution.

@ARK Hunter Sid - Please try the solution that @Hattrick and @Reythorn posted and let us know if it worked for you.

@Legion of Wolves - Try setting the "BufferOverflowDetectorLimit" to 100 in your GameUserSettings.ini file. See this discussion for information on how to do that: http://steamproxy.net/workshop/filedetails/discussion/821530042/152392786911200641/
Last edited by Ghazlawl; 31 Dec, 2016 @ 9:17am
Hattrick 31 Dec, 2016 @ 12:25pm 
@Ghazlawl This morning the getting kicked issue was resolved by a wipe and update of the mod folder on the server. Same resolution for the mod-mismatch that players saw after the noon update. I don't use have the server configured to manage mods, I do it manually.
Ghazlawl  [developer] 31 Dec, 2016 @ 12:27pm 
@Hattrick Cool. Is it working now? The noon update reset the GUID so all servers would be forced to update. (I didn't want to but I had to.)
curiousjim83 31 Dec, 2016 @ 12:55pm 
My upgrade station has disappeared from my Scorched Earth single player game. Even the Engram has disappeared. It looks like my character has unlearned the engram for some reason and I have to relearn it and build the upgrade station all over again and collect all of the items I had in it. It must have disappeared when my toon unlearned the engram for it. I don't know why it was unlearned it though. It's perfectly fine in my The Center Single Player.
Last edited by curiousjim83; 31 Dec, 2016 @ 11:30pm
I am also unable to upgrade things after the last update I have fiddled with the ini and made the suggested changes all the way up to 200 for one setting
Ghazlawl  [developer] 1 Jan, 2017 @ 12:08pm 
@curiousjim83 - The Upgrade Station shouldn't disappear. No files have been changed in such a way as to cause that to happen. It sounds like the game might've accidentally saved without the Upgrade Station mod being present. We can investigate further to confirm.

@Inquisitor Firebrand - We're making some changes for people that are experiencing your particular issue. Look for an update today or tomorrow that will give you more control for your specific hardware. :)
Bloodycrow 1 Jan, 2017 @ 6:41pm 
Our upgrade station also disappeared after the update on the 31st. Unsubscribing and resubscribing was necessary for the server to use it again.
BiteFilms 1 Jan, 2017 @ 7:24pm 
OK so i updated the mod to fix the "try again later" and it did not work. I akso uninstalled both files of the mod and then unsubbed and subbed.
Any other way to fix? I know you can put something in the gamusersettings.ini but I do not know where to put it as I have the same settigns as the Sl1Pg8r Extinction modpack. Any suggestions?
Ghazlawl  [developer] 1 Jan, 2017 @ 7:38pm 
@NinjaBiteFilms The fix is to exit the game, add the INI settings to the GameUserSettings.ini file, then restart the game. Unless you're on a server, in which case you'll edit the INI file on the server. :)

The INI file can be found here: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini
Ghazlawl  [developer] 1 Jan, 2017 @ 7:38pm 
@Bloodycrow Interesting! We haven't seen this happening in our tests. Sorry about that. :|
< >
Showing 1-15 of 438 comments
Per page: 1530 50