Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator

Kingdom Death Monster: Scripted v2
_gambit 10 Jan, 2017 @ 3:20pm
Links and Resources
I was tired of digging through comments on this mod and the "newer" mod so I decided to compile all the helpful links/resources I could find in them for easy reference. Hope this helps you all out

< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Eskander  [developer] 14 Jan, 2017 @ 6:14pm 
To add to this, some guidance/do's/don'ts from the scripting perspective:

1) the scripting is not user proof yet. it is more like dangerous machinery that will take your hand off if you use it improperly. If you don't think you can handle this responsibility, you can turn auto-hunt and auto-showdown off using the admin console. All cards that you need can be accessed manually in the large box at the top right of the table.

2) Anything that breaks can be repaired. The How to Resolve Common Issues explains some of the repair process --- A NOTE: Contrary to the video, never delete the terrain cards -- more on this later in the list. The reset variable process, if you follow directions will fix the most common problems that can occur, but you have to follow directions -- 1) hit reset var button 2) delete all monster specific cards/decks/objects (and replace all terrain cards into terrain deck manually) 3) save 4) load save

3) Do's:

-set chat window so that you can view instructions printed to Game Chat

-when scripts are moving around a lot of objects, be patient, and don't play with things until it says done, there's safeguards to prevent you from breaking it outright, but it is at only ~95% yet

-do make copies of components when appropriate -- gear cards, non-monster resources. not scripted currently so develop your own best practices that work for you and your group.

4) Don'ts:

-don't leave cards/decks in areas where decks spawn in -- the decks will combine and it'll screw up the shuffling process, possibly resulting in the locked variable gates

-don't delete any terrain cards or the terrain deck (terrain tiles are safe to delete). this had a repair script on it but it was a later addition and there's a loophole in it that needs to be fixed

-don't assist script in cleaning up the table before running it. by this, I mean, don't group/combine terrain cards. deleting monster related components is fine.

-don't move decks unless you know how to use the dev mode and adjust placeholders -- and even then, be prepared to deal with any consequences

more may be added as I think of them.

I have scripted plenty of fixes/more advanced features in a prototype version to deal with folks issues/make life easier, but I can't guarantee any of them will make it into this release.

This is the big boy rules version -- if you can't handle the advanced features breaking and how to fix, don't use the advanced features.
cG. KCIV 29 May, 2017 @ 8:10pm 
I'm having an issue where the deck shuffles BEFORE the top card lands back on top of it.

Is this something that is known or addressed?
Icchan 25 Jul, 2017 @ 8:53am 
If we've managed to accidentally delete a terrain a tile, how do we get it back?
Eskander  [developer] 25 Jul, 2017 @ 9:43am 
delete a terrain tile shouldn't matter unless you deleted the master copy in the terrain tile bag. If this is the case, you can grab another from a clean save and put it back into the bag in your save.

if you mean terrain card, you can copy the deleted card from a clean save and add it back to the terrain deck in yours.

if you mean terrain card deck, slightly trickier -- copy a terrain card deck in and place it in the proper slot. run the scripts -- if it breaks, you'll have to update the guid for the deck manually in the scripts. best of luck.
brontohunter 2 Aug, 2017 @ 3:07pm 
I've followed the instuctions from the "How to fix issues with your Mac or assets not rendering", but some of the assets still aren't rendering. Do you guys know a solution? Would asking that subreddit be more helpful?
Last edited by brontohunter; 2 Aug, 2017 @ 3:19pm
brontohunter 8 Aug, 2017 @ 3:29pm 
Guys?
Eskander  [developer] 8 Aug, 2017 @ 5:59pm 
for Mac users: use a pc. Nog may have a more helpful approach, but i thought the mac user thing was fixed a few patches ago
brontohunter 10 Aug, 2017 @ 6:49am 
I don't use a mac, I use a pc. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to TTS, I only really got it for the mod you guys made. I think it's a rendering issue, but I think it may just be an issuse of my computer getting the assets in the first place. To be specific, 8 assets have an issue where they can't use the link given to them to retrieve the asset. I could live with missing a few things, but the objects in question include 3 of the 4 player minis and both of the rule books
Nognoth  [developer] 11 Aug, 2017 @ 3:49pm 
Originally posted by brontohunter:
I don't use a mac, I use a pc. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to TTS, I only really got it for the mod you guys made. I think it's a rendering issue, but I think it may just be an issuse of my computer getting the assets in the first place. To be specific, 8 assets have an issue where they can't use the link given to them to retrieve the asset. I could live with missing a few things, but the objects in question include 3 of the 4 player minis and both of the rule books

Is is a fresh game load? Those are assets that I haven't seen errors on. Try to unsub and then resub the game, also try to verify Game Files integrity. (R.click on TTS in Steam, go to properties, local files, Verify Game Intergrity.). If that doesnt solve it, friend me and I would be happy to jump into a game and see whats shaking
brontohunter 12 Aug, 2017 @ 2:06pm 
Added you. I tried both unsubing and the integrity test, but neither seemed to work. Here are some screenshots I took for some reference, but this seems to be the problem. Re-importing just puts it at the other end of the queue and has me cycle through the 8 assets

http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108685000
http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108684963
heyboots✨ 17 Sep, 2017 @ 8:13am 
The stat tokens aren't making character sheet stats increase/decrease in a fresh install. If I lift and put back down the sheet it'll add the stats that the tokens should apply, then immediately go back to default. I can see the number going up and down it's weird.
Eskander  [developer] 17 Sep, 2017 @ 11:05am 
set physics mode to Full instead of Semi -- contrary to my previous advice. They changed something about the engine that makes collision events not persist in Semi physics mode. Unfortunate.
Chad 11 Jan, 2018 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by Eskander:
set physics mode to Full instead of Semi -- contrary to my previous advice. They changed something about the engine that makes collision events not persist in Semi physics mode. Unfortunate.

I'm new to TableTop Sim and KDM. Where and how do you set physics mode at?
IdleBloom 18 Jul, 2019 @ 4:07am 
I'm loving playing around with KD:M, but I recently ran into my first issue. Upon setting up the Phoenix (Quarry) figurine, everything else works fine, but the Phoenix figurine for the Hunt and Showdown fails to load properly - instead, I get the following message:

WWW Image Error: Cannot resolve destination host

As a result, it spawns a Phoenix figure with no texture that I can't select and move. Picking up the Quarry does put it back in the box, but for the purpose of a Phoenix fight it's pretty useless. Any ideas on what the problem is?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50