Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Magic Bottle Lanterns (DST)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
JustJasper  [developer] 1 Nov, 2016 @ 5:13pm
Feature Ideas
Have ideas for other things this mod could do? Post them here (in English preferred).
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
InsaneAngel777 1 Nov, 2016 @ 5:50pm 
I love this mod, but I feel like to make it a little bit easier on some who don't come by the gems that easy is having settings to change the recipies to an easier setting.
Banditas Pierogas 2 Nov, 2016 @ 12:45pm 
Originally posted by InsaneAngel777:
I love this mod, but I feel like to make it a little bit easier on some who don't come by the gems that easy is having settings to change the recipies to an easier setting.

Just find other mods, then you can extract gems from normal rocks, or make it. :)
Creating something heavy is more fun, that creating something on easy way, but this is only my opinion.
jimmy462 4 Nov, 2016 @ 7:20am 
Could you make a lantern that would keep all food nearby perish much later or never? Of course only unless they are near the latern. I think it´s a good idea.
JustJasper  [developer] 4 Nov, 2016 @ 2:46pm 
Originally posted by Mister X 2893 {Tock Sick Gaming}:
Could you make a lantern that would keep all food nearby perish much later or never? Of course only unless they are near the latern. I think it´s a good idea.

I don't think that fits with the bottles - there are lots of fridge and freezer mods on the workshop for extending the life of food.
dano 5 Nov, 2016 @ 9:06am 
Originally posted by InsaneAngel777:

@InsaneAngel777 Try the "Useless Junk" mod. I use it to get gems and other trikets that I can give the king pig for gold and candy. Mkes it easier, but not too easy.
LeGurdah 19 Nov, 2016 @ 3:48pm 
Next thing anyone knows, I'm [not] going to expect a Prismatic Bottle Lantern.
qwsxedcrfv 21 Nov, 2016 @ 1:04pm 
Maybe have a bottle that speed up the growth of nearby plants?
The_Almighty_Q 10 Dec, 2016 @ 7:58pm 
Originally posted by johngao57:
Maybe have a bottle that speed up the growth of nearby plants?
This i think is a good idea, it'll be really good with improved farms. :steamhappy:
Young Padawan 10 Feb, 2017 @ 7:04am 
Maybe... A picket to place on a farm / improved farm and you could put a bottle on it
Young Padawan 10 Feb, 2017 @ 7:04am 
Or something to put bottles in a scarecrow ?
Ambroise 28 Apr, 2017 @ 10:40am 
Would you consider adding in some customization to the range or the efficiency of the bottles? I understand your theme for magic is dangerous, but the bottles are so beautiful I would really like to use them more efficiently instead of having to be afraid of the frost bottle for example.
Ser-Matticus 30 Apr, 2017 @ 8:10pm 
The power to invert lanterns so they turn on at day, make spring time bee farms safer
EldVarg 19 May, 2017 @ 1:57am 
Good mod. Very nice graphics.

Settings:
* It would be nice if you could move the bottles, or if you break them you would not lose much of the ingredients.
* Be able to choose easier/normal/harder crafting recipes.
* Choose aura distance, shorter/normal/longer.
* Refill rate never/slower/faster of fireflies/food.

Ideas for more bottles:
* Slow down walking near, slow down perish (maybe the ice bottle would do that too).
* Increase walking speed.
* Combine icy and ember bottle to a one that help stabilize your temperature (cool down in summer, warm up in winter).
* Attract animals/monsters near by.
* Make flowers/trees/similar spawn near and increase rate of growth (in farms too).
* Stronger versions of all bottles (that light up more and longer reach on the effects).
sharktemplar 4 Jun, 2017 @ 7:53am 
This mod is absolutely excellent for various mid to end-game objectives. Pairing this with a mod that allows you to craft gems, making them renewable such as "Make", and configuring staves to have more/infinite durability such as "Tweak Those Tools - Retweaked" makes these bottles exceptionally attractive for creating shrines of sanity/health, due to deconstruction staves and construction amulets now being capable of making almost anything renewable if you have something to counter the severe sanity drain.
I really wish this mod would capitalize on instances like this where the functionality really shines through. I have a game that is now 1090 days long, and about 800 of those I have been using a sanity shrine I built so that I could construct a palace of anything I wanted without cheating.

Could you please consider adding in-depth configurable options for this mod? Allowing people to set how much a bottle provides its designated effect, how far the radius is, etc. In fact you should really have a visualization of a bottle's radius as it is being placed, similar to ice fling-o-matics. That, and the bottle highlight zone is way larger than the actual bottle, allowing people to have the bottle highlighted under their cursor even if their cursor is considerably above the bottle. Can you fix this? It's extra annoying with many bottles close together for people creating mid/end-game shrines out of these.

Lastly, as a great idea to give the Iridescent Gem a purpose that Klei probably won't ever bother getting around to, perhaps make it so that existing already-placed bottles can be upgraded to a (preferably configurable) tier of effectiveness if fed an iridescent gem, allowing one bottle to do the work of 2, or 3, or 5, or even 20 if you make it a config that players decide to go crazy with and actually invest the effort to get that many iridescent gems.
This is by far your best mod, please give it some more love and attention <3
Last edited by sharktemplar; 4 Jun, 2017 @ 7:59am
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50