Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Magic Bottle Lanterns (DST)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
JustJasper  [developer] 1 Nov, 2016 @ 5:12pm
Bug Reports
Report all bugs and errors here.

Please report in english, so I can fully understand the issues, thank you.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
VoltaicFeline 9 Nov, 2016 @ 8:08pm 
ths might not be a bug, just me using it wrong, but i fgured i would put ths here just in case. mid summer i finally got my hands on the cold bottle, figured it would help out, ts o effective that it freezes me to death, in the middle of summer! like no joke i wa takng cold damage from the bottle with summer going, granted i DID have a floral shrt and straw hat too, but no endofire.

would ths be an imbalance of the bottle or am i using it wrong, i was within its light range,
JustJasper  [developer] 10 Nov, 2016 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by Cloud-Runner-Teeny:
ths might not be a bug, just me using it wrong, but i fgured i would put ths here just in case. mid summer i finally got my hands on the cold bottle, figured it would help out, ts o effective that it freezes me to death, in the middle of summer! like no joke i wa takng cold damage from the bottle with summer going, granted i DID have a floral shrt and straw hat too, but no endofire.

would ths be an imbalance of the bottle or am i using it wrong, i was within its light range,

The temperature lowering is constant, so it will freeze you if you're not careful. I intended these bottles to pose some hazard, since they're permanent light sources which are by nature overpowered. So they're costly, and sometimes dangerous.

But they could also save your life in an emergency!
Last edited by JustJasper; 10 Nov, 2016 @ 1:19pm
Master NiX 11 Nov, 2016 @ 8:39am 
Even if it is for saving life in an emergency.
Freezing in summer is something wrong.
Plus it makes your second screenshot of a mod to mislead player.
Because 2 bottles + Chill campfire... means death.
JustJasper  [developer] 11 Nov, 2016 @ 2:22pm 
Originally posted by Master Nikslg:
Even if it is for saving life in an emergency.
Freezing in summer is something wrong.
Plus it makes your second screenshot of a mod to mislead player.
Because 2 bottles + Chill campfire... means death.

It's dangerous magic, be more careful with it. ;)
LeGurdah 18 Nov, 2016 @ 2:31pm 
Something seems to be wrong with the Poison Bottle. Specifically crafting it.

I might be crazy (as I've stated from before), it might be a mod clash, but the recipe name and description for the Poison Bottle is missing. Also when I place down the Poison Bottle, it's instantly deleted, with the character stating "I can't do that."
JustJasper  [developer] 18 Nov, 2016 @ 3:45pm 
Originally posted by LeGurdah:
Something seems to be wrong with the Poison Bottle. Specifically crafting it.

I might be crazy (as I've stated from before), it might be a mod clash, but the recipe name and description for the Poison Bottle is missing. Also when I place down the Poison Bottle, it's instantly deleted, with the character stating "I can't do that."

So sorry about that, I made a typo when I cleaned up the recipe codes. Should be fixed now!

And thank you for the report :)
Young Padawan 22 Feb, 2017 @ 3:04am 
Hum, I don't have any bottle in my world, and I activated it for the worldgen, so I don't understand
Ambroise 28 Apr, 2017 @ 10:38am 
Possible bug only with frosty bottle. Even if I am far outside it's light radius I find my character is freezing (screen ice cracking and all) The other bottles seem to work within their light radius though.
Parinter 6 Oct, 2018 @ 3:52pm 
Hm... When I put 1 Tincture Bottle + 1 Poison Bottle next from it, If a mob is dying in the light area, it will duplicated the mob loot... If there are 3 tincture bottle next to the poison and a crow die, there will die 3 others crows and then 4 crow's loot... I think this glitch/bug have been already report
myataya_myata 10 Jul, 2022 @ 12:14pm 
Originally posted by Big poppa pump:
Hum, I don't have any bottle in my world, and I activated it for the worldgen, so I don't understand

Same:( Have no idea why
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50