Starbound

Starbound

Submarine
**Bug Reports**
Write down bugs and glithces you might find in this mod so that we can help the author make it better than perfect!
(try to replicate the bug to find a consistency)
Last edited by Varntex is a Seal!; 5 Aug, 2016 @ 10:49am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Edit: Not the mod, it is the games fault.
Duplication Glitch

If you retrieve the submarine at the same time as you exit the game, the submarine will be where you left it + you will have a duplicate in the controller.
(works as long as the retrieve animation is running)
Last edited by Varntex is a Seal!; 5 Aug, 2016 @ 10:59am
Edit: Not the mod, it is the games fault.
Broken Controller Bug

If you retrieve the Submarine at the same time as you drop the controller, the submarine controller will appear empty and the submarine will be gone.
(works as long as the retrieve animation is running)
Last edited by Varntex is a Seal!; 5 Aug, 2016 @ 11:00am
uncle 5 Aug, 2016 @ 11:34am 
Just a typo, but in the description of the controller it says "Create a submarine out of 'stoned' nanites" nothing terrible, just a nitpick.
Pushed Pork 5 Aug, 2016 @ 7:50pm 
Originally posted by John Lummeck:
Originally posted by ThatOtherSkeleton:
Just a typo, but in the description of the controller it says "Create a submarine out of 'stoned' nanites" nothing terrible, just a nitpick.
Stoned nanites?

https://gyazo.com/db35d5314517c692129ed6f685b9ab3d
4:2o B70
Darth Biomech  [developer] 6 Aug, 2016 @ 3:36am 
The thing with bugs, is that I took most of the code from LoPhatKao, and severily maimed it to remove "features" of The Yellow Submarine (cigare torpedo, flying in air, etc), so any severe bugs that there might be, I am probably unable to fix them. Like, currently, if sub gets destroyed, it's remains are remaining seemingly forever and do not disappear over time, and you still can sit in them (I have an entire graveyard of dead subs on the bottom of my test ocean by now). And I have no idea what causes that or how to fix it.
Last edited by Darth Biomech; 6 Aug, 2016 @ 3:38am
Originally posted by Darth Biomech:
Currently, if sub gets destroyed, it's remains are remaining seemingly forever and do not disappear over time, and you still can sit in them
I did notice this. I see, so this mod is your own remake of LoPhatKao's. (not a copy ofc)
Unloyal 6 Aug, 2016 @ 10:15pm 
I'm pretty nooby with modding but the game crashes when I put it on server
lophatkao 7 Aug, 2016 @ 6:10am 
regarding the 'graveyard' - vanilla boats do the same thing ( originally the code was a boat.lua)
when they are dead you can pick them up in controller

the 'rising too fast' is from switching from 1 waterBuoyancy to whatever value is used (>5?) - suddenly it really, really wants to float ;)
Darth Biomech  [developer] 7 Aug, 2016 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by lophatkao:
regarding the 'graveyard' - vanilla boats do the same thing ( originally the code was a boat.lua)
when they are dead you can pick them up in controller

the 'rising too fast' is from switching from 1 waterBuoyancy to whatever value is used (>5?) - suddenly it really, really wants to float ;)
Thanks for your help)
Uncle Murphy 9 Aug, 2016 @ 9:51am 
One bug/glitch that I have encountered frequently is when my sub comes in contatct with fish it will start stuttering because the fish arestuck between the platforms of the sub.
The submarine doesn't work at all for me it worked just one time
Henuz 28 Jan, 2017 @ 1:45am 
The submarine can't be destroyed, when it's destroyed, its freezes ur game
Jay 13 Mar, 2017 @ 3:25pm 
The submarine can be used in low gravity environments such as asteroid fields, by submerging the submarine, the player can freely fly anywhere in the asteroid field as if it were an ocean of liquid. While this is fun and exloitative, I would like the submarine to only function in water.
I had an issue that you could "swim" the space through with submarine .
the sub stopped and i could do a thing with it, not even call it back to it's pod and that got me killed. once i found it, it started working and i could call it back to it's pod.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50