Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Craft Pot [DS, ROG, SW, DST]
IvanX  [developer] 22 Jul, 2016 @ 7:24am
Known bugs
1. Complicated modded recipes like mushroom soup are displayed incorrectly. The recipe contains
different shrooms of any kind, making linear recipe expression over complicated.
2. Not all "alternatives" for complicated recipes are found. Buuut it would be 1 to 200 recipes that would miss one of the alternative, so not a biggie :P

[closed] **3. After a long time playing 5h+, mod is causing lag when using crock pot. Seemingly every openning adds up a portion of used GPU/CPU.
(Testing proved that craft pot does not have any significant memory leaks, if anyone's experiencing lag with the mod, they should report any additional info on it.)

P.S. This is a client only mod. Its not supposed to be running on a dedicated server. It has no networking, and is binded on ThePlayer. Thus it will crash if attempted to add as a server mod to dedicated server.
Last edited by IvanX; 4 Sep, 2016 @ 1:46pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 122 comments
LilDrac 22 Jul, 2016 @ 11:43pm 
i crashed right after i opened a crookpot :/
IvanX  [developer] 23 Jul, 2016 @ 12:02am 
Originally posted by LittleDragon:
i crashed right after i opened a crookpot :/
Any crash details? Screenshot of the crash screen, list of mods used, are you playing as host or client? I thought I already fixed all of the crashes back at DS
Rice™ 24 Jul, 2016 @ 11:17pm 
I'm crashing as well when I open the pot, where are the crash details located?

http://imgur.com/a/jXMrp (Is this the crash log?)
http://imgur.com/sqjQQ0m
Last edited by Rice™; 24 Jul, 2016 @ 11:31pm
IvanX  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 1:04am 
@Rice™, yes that is the crash log aaand, I it's caused by some other mod that defines a corrupted FROMNUM.xml file. It might not even use one, but since craftpot extracts data from other mods. That's when the error fires.

To find exactly which mod causes it, you can search DST folder: C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Don't Starve Together/data/mods for 'FROMNUM' filename. The modinfo.lua file in the same folder with the mod will contain mod name. I could sew the hole that is causing the crash on my side, but I would require the name of the mod that causes it.

Could you maybe turn mods off, till you figure out which one it is?
If i could recreate the issue, I'd be able to fix it.
Serp 25 Jul, 2016 @ 4:45am 
Ah, so your mod is the cause of the log entry ? (my game does not crash)

[00:00:29]: WARNING! Could not find region 'FROMNUM' from atlas 'FROMNUM'. Is the region specified in the atlas?
[00:00:29]: Looking for default texture '' from atlas 'FROMNUM'.
[00:00:29]: Error Looking for default texture in from atlas 'FROMNUM'.

None of the mods I have in my mods folder contains 'FROMNUM'.
But my game does not crash.
But would be still nice, if you could solve this log entry, because I try to make my game running without any warnings in the log, and it is hard to find out which warning is there because of which mod and also if it is a reason to worry or not :D
Last edited by Serp; 25 Jul, 2016 @ 4:46am
IvanX  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 5:04am 
Hmm, basically not :P I believe I do not have FROMNUM in my atlases, but the game could crash attempting to find FROMNUM that another mod adds :). Could you use some text search of FROMNUM in DST folder?

The only match i found in the original game files is a comment line:
--DO WE DEAL WITH item_type = FROMNUM???

And it is in the code responsible for redeeming items (aka gifts you get for idleing). Could it be that one of the gifts was actually a food skin/icon?
Last edited by IvanX; 25 Jul, 2016 @ 5:08am
IvanX  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 5:18am 
By the way if some peple have the same warning in game log, but do not crash, that could only mean that crash occurs due to another error, and can't even be logged. In that case the only way to find it, would be finding the exact mode that conflicts with craft pot and then If i can reproduce the issue with that mod, then I would be able to find the source.

Simple way to find the mod, is disabling 1/2 of your mods, and seeing if it still crashes or not.
If it does, the other 1/2 is at fault, so you divide it into 2 and repeat, till you find the very mod.
Serp 25 Jul, 2016 @ 9:52am 
Yes, no FROMNUM in all the mods, including yours, neither in lua nor in xml file.
And only that single comment line in game lua scripts.

But I get this FROMNUM Warning also with only your mod enabled.

btw thank you for your help at Klei forum :)
IvanX  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 9:56am 
You're welcome :) I'll see if I also get it, might simply need to add a tiny condition to igrore fromnum to fix it
Dragon Kreig 25 Jul, 2016 @ 12:34pm 
My dedicated server crash immediately after I open the pot...
Here is a piece of log master server with the error:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[00:02:48]: [string "../mods/workshop-727774324/modmain.lua"]:118: attempt to index a nil value
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
../mods/workshop-727774324/modmain.lua:118 in (method) Open (Lua) <116-119>
scripts/actions.lua:283 in (field) fn (Lua) <269-288>
scripts/bufferedaction.lua:24 in (method) Do (Lua) <20-34>
scripts/entityscript.lua:1243 in (method) PerformBufferedAction (Lua) <1235-1253>
scripts/stategraphs/SGwilson.lua:2804 in (field) fn (Lua) <2803-2805>
scripts/stategraph.lua:568 in (method) UpdateState (Lua) <536-580>
scripts/stategraph.lua:607 in (method) Update (Lua) <599-627>
scripts/stategraph.lua:125 in (method) Update (Lua) <109-148>
scripts/update.lua:209 in () ? (Lua) <150-223>
IvanX  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 12:43pm 
@Большой Папочка,
Hmm, It's client only mod, how did you even manage to get it running on a dedicated server?
Correct me if I'm wrong, by dedicated server you mean that you add mod to the server mod list, then launch the server (it starts alone without you), and you can join it afterwards, right? I mean you don't literally join the moment you start the server?

If so, then the usage is incorrect :) I've yet to make it possible to create the all_clients_require_mod so that every player that joins would have craft pot enabled. And even so, It would probably be uploaded separately as the other type of mod.

The crash is pretty blunt, the first piece of code that is attempting to GetPlayer() fails, because dedicated servers have no active player.
Last edited by IvanX; 25 Jul, 2016 @ 12:44pm
Dragon Kreig 25 Jul, 2016 @ 12:51pm 
ivanx, yes - at first I run a bat-file, and then join the server. Yes, I can log into the server, open the pot and see the new menu - then crash the server. It is clear, sorry - very good plugin ... Thank you for the clarification. I'll wait for a separate plugin .
Last edited by Dragon Kreig; 25 Jul, 2016 @ 1:08pm
Muche 25 Jul, 2016 @ 1:21pm 
FROMNUM is not a value you can generally find in lua code. It's displayed by C side, when trying to display unknown hashed value.
That is, from every atlas and image name, a hashed value is computed that is used internally for determining what atlas and image an object is using. Similarly for other networked string values, such as animations, tags and prefab names.
Thus the message means that something is trying to use unknown atlas/image (for example no image with such name was found in the atlas, or atlas was not loaded).

What happens when a loaded recipe references an item from a mod that was enabled when the recipe was saved but is now disabled?
IvanX  [developer] 25 Jul, 2016 @ 1:28pm 
Originally posted by Muche:
FROMNUM is not a value you can generally find in lua code. It's displayed by C side, when trying to display unknown hashed value.
That is, from every atlas and image name, a hashed value is computed that is used internally for determining what atlas and image an object is using. Similarly for other networked string values, such as animations, tags and prefab names.
Thus the message means that something is trying to use unknown atlas/image (for example no image with such name was found in the atlas, or atlas was not loaded).

What happens when a loaded recipe references an item from a mod that was enabled when the recipe was saved but is now disabled?

That explains a lot, Is there a way to safely tell if atlas/tex exists? resolvefilepath maybe?

I only save recipe cooking count data now, decided not to cache any other data, as the mod smart searching system detects all the recipes in a blink of an eye. Once you turn some mod off, the saved cooking count is stored on the side and saved along with existing recipes till a bright day when mod gets activated again.

The problem with this warning is actually caused by unknown tag images, like when somebody adds new tags to ingredients, and I desperately want to show them somehow :) but there's just no image. I guess I could comment that out, but it is not something that's causing crash.

Maybe everyone who crashes as soon as they open crock pot are trying to run mod on a dedicated server? Because seriously, client only mod. It shouldn't even be possible to add the mod to it's list.
Rice™ 25 Jul, 2016 @ 1:44pm 
I tried disabling everything with only your mod + "Toomanyitems" mod so i can spawn the materials to craft the crockpot. When I click on the shadow recipes I crash.

http://imgur.com/a/2OH8k (Images)

I don't think the "Too Many Items" mod is causing the crash because it should not add any new items, I could be wrong.

This mod is awesome if it didn't crash for me, thanks for working with us here
< >
Showing 1-15 of 122 comments
Per page: 1530 50