Hearts of Iron IV

Hearts of Iron IV

Hearts of Iron IV: The Great War
Wolferos  [developer] 15 Aug, 2023 @ 4:55am
BUGS REPORTS (Version 0.22.x)
Hello Guys!

A quick reminder regarding crashes and people playing in Ironman. We've modified way too many files for this Mod to ever be Ironman Friendly.

Before reporting a bug, make sure that you are not playing Hearts of Iron IV: The Great War with additional Mods that could cause problems.

-----------------------------

You can have a look at the Changelog in the Change Notes.

Also, before making any Suggestion, please visit first our GitHub Repository[github.com] to check if your suggestion isn't already listed.

-----------------------------

Remark: With or without Paid DLC your gaming experience on The Great War will be very similar.

Do not spam us, we read each post and we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible. Please do respect the form otherwise we won't treat your message.
⚠ Rudeness and belittling language are not welcome.

Description:
Describe the issue that is occurring

Reproduce the bug:
If you can, explain how to reproduce the bug or how was he triggered
Last edited by Wolferos; 23 Oct, 2023 @ 1:56pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
I WATCH THE MOON 16 Aug, 2023 @ 8:25pm 
Greetings. The Officer-Corps does (still) not work properly (since Nov ,2022). I'd love it to get fixed as I do think it is important for the gameplay and additionally this is one of my favorites mods for Hoi4.
Heinous 20 Aug, 2023 @ 9:18am 
aircraft for aircraft carriers have not been studied. and paratrooper too
Last edited by Heinous; 20 Aug, 2023 @ 9:19am
P. Thomas 29 Aug, 2023 @ 12:17pm 
Leader names for the USA are messed up, for example they are listing as "USA_w_h_taft"
Proho 30 Aug, 2023 @ 3:30pm 
@P. Thomas
Already fixed on Github. Download the Github version or wait for the next version.
drvirus129 17 Sep, 2023 @ 9:59am 
Mod crashes 25th Oct 1918, I'm playing as Canada & started from 1910. i'm assuming it's because my game's been playing for 8 in-game years & it can't process anymore any further. Would like if you could play from 1910 all the way to after WW2 in '45, that's just me.
rediceman 7 Oct, 2023 @ 3:49am 
trialism event missed franz ferdinand and karl I....replaced by generics
antoleo 12 Oct, 2023 @ 12:27pm 
I found no reference about that, but I am experiencing problems with the airplane designer. It works only for scout and early bomber I.

Also, carrier versions are not activated once researched.

In general, it is strange you can research and build carriers starting from 1914, but you have to wait 1933 to have the first cav. It is not a real bug, but a sort of bug-by-design.

I am playing HOI4 1.12.14.50e7 with all DLCs and TGW as the only mod.
Akesia-H 15 Oct, 2023 @ 4:56am 
Hi, small bug encountered in multiplayer, the game is in BETA version 1.12.14. The production line is like "split in two" by the players, if I change the number of factories assigned to the guns then it will affect the production of other players.

The bug appears after 2 or 3 minutes of play, just add a military production, such as tanks, or change the number of factories assigned to all production lines.
doggo helper 26 Oct, 2023 @ 10:41pm 
hey, there is a bug where japan has the same amount of focuses completed in 1914 and 1919. since the entente needs to be at war with germany for japan to join the entente, and the entente is disbanded and not at war with the weimar republic, and japan doesnt have the jojn entente focus already completed in 1919, it means japan can never invade manchuria.
scottsman99 11 Nov, 2023 @ 3:18pm 
Province north of Schleswig-Holstein in Germany is named "Liangshan", little out of place. Also, for Germany at least, none of the early bomber researches unlock any type of ground attack module, so we've got bombers that can't bomb.
No Armistice at Compeigne while playing as Japan. Qing China survived civil war. Northern Korea province named Hatay.
Proho 12 Nov, 2023 @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by scottsman99:
Province north of Schleswig-Holstein in Germany is named "Liangshan", little out of place. Also, for Germany at least, none of the early bomber researches unlock any type of ground attack module, so we've got bombers that can't bomb.

Gefixt.
Diese und weitere 19 Provinznamen wurden richtig zugeordnet.

Fixed.
These and a further 19 province names were correctly assigned.

By Proho
Elessar 13 Nov, 2023 @ 2:26pm 
hello, AI is not researching tech and/or researching way too advanced tech (for instance 1940 tech in 1916)
Wolferos  [developer] 14 Nov, 2023 @ 3:39am 
Originally posted by Elessar:
hello, AI is not researching tech and/or researching way too advanced tech (for instance 1940 tech in 1916)
Thanks for the bug report, do you have the name of the 1940 Tech please?
Elessar 14 Nov, 2023 @ 1:33pm 
Originally posted by Wolferos:
Originally posted by Elessar:
Thanks for the bug report, do you have the name of the 1940 Tech please?

Hello, sure!

I was playing France (first starting date) and used the tag command in 1916 to check Germany and Russia. I took some screenshots and i can provide the save if needed

Germany 1916 research tab:
slot 1 : empty, nothing researched
slot 2 : empty, nothing researched
slot 3 : Dornier do 19 (1936)
slot 4 : military police IV (1927)

Russia 1916 research tab
slot 1 : Early fighter III (1918)
slot 2 : empty, nothing researched
slot 3 : empty, nothing researched
slot 4 : night vision I (1943)

Absolutly none of the early basic tech was researched (no 1914 infantery research, no industrial research...)
That was my first playthrough with this mod, I don't know if this is a known or new bug.

I hope it helps.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50