Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Gulfstream IV G450 (Realistic version)
GordonDry 5 Oct, 2015 @ 4:40am
Values
Here we are.
Values for acceleration, brake and top speed as the player can edit with AVO mod and how they affect game play.
Do they trigger weird behavior?
Which values are good?

Actually I'm creating an OpenOffice spreadsheet (can be saved as Excel spreadsheet of course) and I will test it soon.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Balthoraz  [developer] 5 Oct, 2015 @ 4:55am 
I updated the version of the plane with the realistic values. My next target is try to do the same with for example the cars. (They are accelerating at top speed in 0 seconds actually). I guess playing with those values can make the game much more realistic.
GordonDry 5 Oct, 2015 @ 7:27am 
Yeah! My values work!

I tested on 3 planes - yours, 737-800 and 747-400.

I'll test more planes.

The only thing I don't like is the climb rate and the tight curves some planes use.
Balthoraz  [developer] 5 Oct, 2015 @ 7:32am 
I think that is a AI problem. They stay doing curve until they reach the absolute top speed. Maybe a modder can do something to solve that. Another problem I found is on really high speed, the planes go flying through taxiway.

Now I'm trying something similar in cars and trucks.
Last edited by Balthoraz; 5 Oct, 2015 @ 7:33am
GordonDry 5 Oct, 2015 @ 10:33am 
My discoveries:
- planes don't like speeds over 284 kph
- they stay fast after touchdown as soon as they nearly reach the taxiway exit
- there is only one taxiway exit allowed, if placed more, the first is used (that shortens the useable runway length)
Balthoraz  [developer] 5 Oct, 2015 @ 10:34am 
Yeah, I know about the taxiway exits. I want to talk with Samsam to see if there is a way to configure the pathfinding and activate it manually. Or configure it in any way.
GordonDry 5 Oct, 2015 @ 10:44am 
Do you know a working minimum top speed?
I discovered that 190 kph / 3 = 63 kph (Ju-52) doesn't work.
Balthoraz  [developer] 5 Oct, 2015 @ 10:46am 
It depends of the values you type on Acc and Brakes. But as far as I seen, I will try some planes I have here when I finish a car I'm working on (probably this night).
GordonDry 5 Oct, 2015 @ 10:49am 
I know that it depends, but my formula doesn't work with 63 kph, the Ju-52 takes off immediately and spirals.
Balthoraz  [developer] 5 Oct, 2015 @ 10:51am 
Increase the brake.
GordonDry 5 Oct, 2015 @ 12:34pm 
Damn it. This so sucks.
I asked for support in "Service Vehicle Selector" that in an airport terminal building can be chosen which planes are spawned there.
I was fiddling around and came to this:
- a slow plane with low acceleration but also low takeoff distance gains altitude up to a specific limit and then starts to circle around - when the runway is TOO LONG.
- so little planes with low takeoff distance must have short runways that fit.
- I can't tell but it seems if the takeoff spot is before half the runway the problem occurs
Balthoraz  [developer] 5 Oct, 2015 @ 12:37pm 
lol. I want to talk with Sam to see if he can make on the mod something to manage the pathfinding of each plane and/or say what planes can landing or takeoff on certain runway.
GordonDry 5 Oct, 2015 @ 1:02pm 
How about four assets that belong to the mod that help in plane path finding, you could communicate that with Sam.
(ILS path) - they could be small antenna-like ploppables.

- Outer Marker (OM) - normally 7200m before runway begins but in game 3600m = ~ 450 units before runway begins

- Middle Marker (MM) - normally 1050m before runway begins but in game 525m = ~ 65 units before runway begins

- Inner Marker (IM) - directly before runway begins

(these should help for a better approach pattern)

- and on the other side, behind the runway, could be the LOC antenna, normally for the ILS, but in game it should help the departure path finding.

These would be nice eye candy like http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524258608 and http://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=526834270 but also really do something.
Last edited by GordonDry; 5 Oct, 2015 @ 1:06pm
Balthoraz  [developer] 6 Oct, 2015 @ 12:25pm 
Good. About the ALS and PAPI I was using them long time ago.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50