Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Abandoned Upward
Cevune 3 Jul, 2015 @ 2:17am
Installation Guide
Thumbing through the comments there seem to be a significant amount of people asking for install help.
Step one is of course to subscribe to the mod and let the TF2 workshop content download. After this is done, you must manually move the downloaded file to your TF2 maps folder. The workshop content will be downloaded to:
..\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\<Game ID>\<Workshop ID>\

TF2's Game ID is 440 and this map's Workshop ID is 454133929, so the directory for this specifically will be:
..\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\440\454133929\

After you've found the .BSP files for the map you want, you need to copy it over to the TF2 maps folder, by default:
..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps\

After you've copied the .BSP from your workshop folder to your TF2 maps folder, you're free to launch and start the map by opening the console and using the command:
map <map_name>

ie:
map pl_abandoned_upward_finalfix
map tr_walkway_rc2
map koth_viaduct
etc

This is the process you'll use for pretty much any workshop map until valve makes the process fully automagic. Hope this helps you guys.

Originally posted by A Chair:
FOR ALL MAC USERS: Go to finder, and on the top of your screen (the bar where it displays battery%, date, etc.), click "go". Then hold down the "option" button (to the right of "command"). The dropdown will then show the "library" tab. Go there, and find "Application Support". In that folder, there should be a Steam folder.

Then go to SteamApps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/download/maps.

After downloading the map, simply drag it into that folder.
If it doesn't appear immediately, restart steam.

Remember this method, for you will have to use it every time you want to install a map!
Last edited by Cevune; 13 Sep, 2015 @ 4:50pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
!WolvanID8M 3 Jul, 2015 @ 7:17am 
Yep, you are 100% correct with your assumption that it's /workshop/content/GameID/WorkshopID

Thanks for writing this, that's probably gonna help people out a lot
François 3 Jul, 2015 @ 11:33am 
im on mac help me
burger 3 Jul, 2015 @ 11:54am 
im on mac help me
Cevune 3 Jul, 2015 @ 1:18pm 
(NOTE: Macs should be resolved. Another user's comment detailing their process has been quoted in the root post. Thanks "A Chair" :D )
Afraid I can't help a lot with Mac or Linux users. Assuming the steam interface is similar across platforms, I'd go to the game in your library, right click it (or.....do whatever your system requires to open a context menu) and select "Properties". From there go to the Local Files tab and choose "Browse local Files". You should at least be given some starting point to explore through your own file system. Again, anyone who is better informed please share your info, but until then I may or may not be able to work out the process myself.
Last edited by Cevune; 13 Sep, 2015 @ 4:54pm
Term26 4 Jul, 2015 @ 3:00pm 
So I've subscribed to the map, liked, fav so now what? Now what?
jorkin ma yeener 9 Jul, 2015 @ 3:53pm 
I put the map folder into my maps file, but I can't find the .bsp files anywhere. No matter how many times I type in map pl_abandoned_upward... (Etc.) into my console, it won't work.
!WolvanID8M 10 Jul, 2015 @ 3:58am 
Originally posted by ʙʟυᴇ:
I put the map folder into my maps file, but I can't find the .bsp files anywhere. No matter how many times I type in map pl_abandoned_upward... (Etc.) into my console, it won't work.
You should put the maps FILE into the maps FOLDER though, not the other way around
Mayhem 10 Jul, 2015 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by Dildo baggins:
im on mac help me
its mac. mac sucks for gaming.

if your using a mac however, there should be tutorials on something called www.youtube.com
hector 13 Jul, 2015 @ 1:03pm 
Originally posted by Dildo baggins:
im on mac help me
Right Click on your finder, click "Go To Folder" and paste in "~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps" (without quotation marks). Then I'm pretty sure you have enough brain cells to navigate to the neccasary folders. Hope this helped.
Daizo 13 Jul, 2015 @ 9:52pm 
tf2 said i had the wrong kind, so i need help on getting it updated cause it accidently deleted the 440 file and so on, as well as the older version from the maps file.
moziet 16 Jul, 2015 @ 5:51am 
No content folder

leik if u cri evriteim
Coops 20 Jul, 2015 @ 12:23pm 
I have placed the .bsp file into my /Maps folder, but TF2 is not recognising the map name.
Thank you so much, this will help me much so in the long run! ^_^
moziet 23 Jul, 2015 @ 1:10am 
Can anyone help me?

My TF2 dosent have a Content Folder...
Cevune 23 Jul, 2015 @ 8:35am 
Originally posted by Ness and Lucas:
Can anyone help me?

My TF2 dosent have a Content Folder...
Can you post the directory you're looking in specifically? I ask because TF2 shouldn't have a ..\content\ folder. That folder's location is ..\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\
you then go within that folder to ..\440\454133929\ for this mod, or \440\<some other number> for other tf2 mods.
You then copy the contents of those folders to
..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps\
(for maps anyway. The install directory will be different for things like skins or weapons etc).
So again, the Team Fortress 2 folders shouldn't have a content subfolder, those are in two different areas of the SteamApps folder.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 59 comments
Per page: 1530 50