Total War: ATTILA

Total War: ATTILA

1Fall of the Eagles - Part 1
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Aurelinus  [developer] 21 Jan, 2021 @ 2:04am
Compatibility issues with FotE and other mods
Since there are still some queries regarding compatibility with other mods i would like to clarify some basic questions. At first you have to remember that pure FotE without any submods is playable with some mods, but structure of FotE excludes many of them due to overhaul is pretty deep.

1. No vanilla reskins work. Zero, none, null. FotE brings many units out of vanilla rosters + replacements are very usual so reskins not dedicated to FotE simply won't be visible and if some units go replaced they mostly don't match their FotE assignement. So it won't ruin game, but wherever they gonna be placed in the list they do mess only.

2. Additional units mods, garrisons and so on - as above, structure of rosters exclude any units addons not dedicated to FotE.

3. So called "community patch" or patches. Some elements of those fixes might work, but in whole the big one version is not recommended. Only startpos.esf fixes (Gautrek fix, invisible ERE daughter) are notable here and worth considering. Remember - adding those mods exclude playing EP.

4. Animations, gore, model fixes or addons - they don't work or are incompatible. Don't try it at home.

5. Turns per year, startpos mods - they should work, but only with FotE. Startpos mods may not be compatible if they contain additional stuff that is also changed in FotE. Anyway don't try such mods neither with EP nor FotE+EP Revised.

6. FotE + EP (or FotE+EP Revised combo) - no mods are compatible besides those listed here:
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1575489072

Yeah, there might be some mods still useable, but i don't have time nor will to check every single mod if they work. So don't ask, don't add and we are good :).

7. You don't care for clarifications above and still want to try other mods for many or no reasons - yeah, we live in free world, nothing will stop you, guys. Just remember - placing questionable mods lower than FotE (or EP + Revised combo) is just almost full guarantee they don't ruin saves (sooner or later) or gameplay. They just won't be working if they are incompatible. But at least you save your time for reinstallation in worst cases. Placing them higher than any FotE elements brings a lot of risks, no help assured if things go wrong.

Before you place here anything check author's site to see if they don't beg for money like patreons, paypals etc. Not allowed and not welcome.

So try to avoid obvious cheats.
Last edited by Aurelinus; 20 May, 2023 @ 4:03pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Aurelinus  [developer] 21 Jan, 2021 @ 2:20am 
You are free to share your experience with mods' compatibility here, but please, don't ask me for, i just don't know in most cases and don't have time to check it. It is better to ask authors of the mods for that, not us.

Three things are sure (one from my latest revision):
- late roman names mods are not compatible with FotE (or + EP or + Revised combo). Why? because they bring faction changes that impact on rosters in FotE. FotE adds some additional military groups which are cleared when those mods are added and so many minor factions (berbers and sarmatians at first) loose their additional units or use vanilla rosters so they add arabs, persians and so on. They would be compatible if the author added only optimized version of "factions_tables" while they added full vanilla table made in AK.
- no other overhauls are compatible - neither Radious, nor any "anno dominis". Really, don't even think of it.
- Olimpian mods are somehow broken (i don't know why and how, but they cause CTDs with FotE + EP, use other camera mods if you need them.
Last edited by Aurelinus; 21 Jan, 2021 @ 2:32am
Aurelinus  [developer] 18 Feb, 2021 @ 1:45am 
And of course NO 40 UNITS per army or so. It may be played with FotE only (no EP or Revised combo) while FotE itself is balanced for 20 units.
Last edited by Aurelinus; 24 Feb, 2021 @ 3:51pm
Taran Litel Punz 23 Feb, 2023 @ 5:46pm 
May I ask if there is a compatible mod for this to keep the Roman legacy techs?
nagarrohil 13 Mar, 2023 @ 6:51am 
hi I noticed that the regional settlements mod is compatible with fall of the eagles as the modders mentioned it.I wonder whether it is compatible with europa perdita+fall of the eagles and if it is compatible where should i place it in the load order?
Aurelinus  [developer] 13 Mar, 2023 @ 10:05am 
If that mod uses startpos.esf then it cannot be used with EP. So neither EP+FotE or FotE + EP Revised.
CarbonCopy 6 May, 2023 @ 3:39pm 
Awesome sauce:VLOVEIT:
bofan 20 May, 2023 @ 11:44am 
Map mods that seem to work (no crashes, effect of mods implemented):

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1585679999
Aurelinus  [developer] 20 May, 2023 @ 2:38pm 
Before you place here anything check author's site to see if they don't beg for money like patreons, paypals etc. Not allowed and not welcome.
Yeah, my bad i forgot to mention.

So try to avoid obvious cheats.
Last edited by Aurelinus; 20 May, 2023 @ 4:02pm
Aurelinus  [developer] 1 Jun, 2023 @ 2:02am 
Any mod altering see transition is very dangerous. Armies can stuck indefinitely no matter you "slow" them or disable (like in old Europa Perdita). NOT RECOMMENDED ever.
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=595365890
Last edited by Aurelinus; 16 Jun, 2023 @ 4:58pm
Aurelinus  [developer] 1 Jun, 2023 @ 2:04am 
Mod works as intended only for vanilla files (and not as intended as it includes mercenaries), FotE adds a lot of units that are not included thus making it a cheat.
EDIT: Actually FotE uses its own fix for that.
NOT RECOMMENDED.
https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2964413241
Last edited by Aurelinus; 16 Jun, 2023 @ 4:55pm
Aurelinus  [developer] 16 Jun, 2023 @ 4:57pm 
Originally posted by bofan:
Map mods that seem to work (no crashes, effect of mods implemented):

https://steamproxy.net/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1585679999
Yeah it works, but settlements with it on look really strange (i would say too Rome 2 and alien almost) and don't fit to Attila's style and athmosphere at all.
Last edited by Aurelinus; 16 Jun, 2023 @ 4:58pm
Alfarr, the Lion 26 Jun, 2023 @ 10:24am 
Are mods altering diplomacy compatible?
Alfarr, the Lion 29 Jun, 2023 @ 8:00am 
Answering my question: they are.
Aurelinus  [developer] 29 Jun, 2023 @ 10:39am 
Basic question is precising what do you mean "mods altering diplomacy". And, NO, most (if i can guess what you meant) are not. They may work, but they are not compatible, thus you don't play FotE/EP/Revised with them any longer.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50