Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Chester Family
kooky112  [developer] 16 May, 2017 @ 2:46pm
All about the chester family members
I decided to release a full list of what the chesters are all capable of.

Bluster:
Bluster is literally the most chill of all of the chesters. He keeps your food cold like a walking fridge, and when morphed into ice bluster he stops food from spoiling all together. Shadow Bluster is simply a larger walking fridge.

Bigdaddy:
What else is there to say about him? He's big, holds lots of stuff, and is the BEST walking backpack ever. He just doesn't morph. He also moves slower than the other chesters because he's kinda chubby.

Afester:
He morphs using either monster meat, lightbulbs, or spider egg sacks. Monster meat turns him into a type of cave spider that will tank for you, spider egg sacks turn him into a strong cave spider that will attack and kill things for you with high DPS, and lightbulbs make him into a creature that is fuzzy and glows with a slight sanity aura. He hates boats and will not get on them with you.

Cavester: No morphs, but he does glow in the dark at night, and loves getting hugs.

Stovester: No morphs YET, but his first form does cook food the way a campfire does. Once I get the crockpot itself figured out, his morph will be a crockpot version of chester. Does NOT produce heat to stay warm in the winter.

Dubster: He's a disco ball! Let the party begin! He glows at night for partying reasons, and then if you crack him open (kill him) he drops holiday snacks! (AKA he drops the holiday themed foods from the hallowed event and winter festival event)
Last edited by kooky112; 17 Mar, 2022 @ 11:32am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
KadenTempes 26 May, 2018 @ 6:44pm 
How does one change bluster. It said for most others but can figure out bluster.
kooky112  [developer] 27 May, 2018 @ 12:54pm 
Bluster is blue gems and red gems like normal chester. Bluster was originally the tester and was a simple copy of Chester but blue instead of being a walking fridge due to he was how we were able to figure out how the inner workings of Chester being a one of a kind entitity was a thing. We spent 5 months working on his code, with it blowing up in our faces. It took me until last summer to make the change for Bluster to be a walking fridge.
Last edited by kooky112; 27 May, 2018 @ 12:56pm
TinyBalls 6 Apr, 2019 @ 1:44pm 
What do the dubster morphs do?
kooky112  [developer] 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00pm 
Updated to reflect that. Was waiting until I made some changes to him. He used to have 6 forms in total, one being randomster. Randomster was so random because it would drop literally any item in the game, which caused a LOT of issues. I decided randomster wasn't really necessary and disabled (killed) him.
Mystiphya 22 Apr, 2019 @ 4:02pm 
PartyChester make our serv' crash and back in time with some seeds is that normal ? :3
kooky112  [developer] 26 Apr, 2019 @ 1:53am 
No that's not normal lol that's actually really weird. Never had that one happen before
Mystiphya 8 May, 2019 @ 5:34am 
Originally posted by kooky112:
No that's not normal lol that's actually really weird. Never had that one happen before
Ah xD It's really weird and we try with seeds and spears and serv' crash and back in time with both but with living logs it's okay i just don't understand why xD
kooky112  [developer] 8 May, 2019 @ 11:57am 
I've tested this, also the back in time thing is because that's when your server last saved. It seems rawster is having a bellyache or something, I'll try and sort this out today. Im rather confused on this matter since everything in the code looks okay and proper. My luck I'm missing a comma.
RaucousRuvna 13 May, 2019 @ 5:20pm 
Is there a way to get multiple to spawn? It seems unfair that only one person in a server can have them. Me and my sister were excited for us bothto have these chesters and it seems only one can be in the world.
kooky112  [developer] 19 May, 2019 @ 5:04pm 
Unfortunately with the way this mod works, AND Chester himself, only one can spawn in the game of each. Just share them and play together as a team. Usually what we all do on my server is pick our favorite chester after we've gathered them all, and then claim it for our own personal camps.
SimplyAzgoth 8 Dec, 2019 @ 7:12pm 
what does dubster do?
Twisted_Code 10 Dec, 2019 @ 8:39am 
what do you do to obtain each of dubster's "morphs" (death drops)? And can you give a bit more detail on Alfster's morph form? Sounds like you're alluding to werepigs or something but I can't tell what you mean exactly...
kooky112  [developer] 10 Dec, 2019 @ 8:08pm 
Dubsters morphs I'll probably be deactivating soon unless I find a way to fix his random game crashing errors. Back when he was made, he worked great, but the game has changed so much over time that all of his morphs, upon killing him to get the items, will cause the game to crash at random because items have changed names or been removed, etc etc.

And as for Afester, the items he needs for morphing are posted, what he turns into is cave monsters (two different forms of cave spider or the weird looking slurtle) the slurtle form glows in the dark and gives a sanity aura, which the spider forms protect you, one form is damage so he just attacks and the other makes mobs just attack him and he acts like a tank and has high health.
Hera-es 13 Apr, 2020 @ 9:48am 
Hi
Thank you very much for your mod!

I have a quick question, I took a break and now I'm going to resume.

From memory, there was Bluster and Stovester, and I don't have them anymore ???

Have they been deleted?
kooky112  [developer] 13 Apr, 2020 @ 11:08am 
If it's the same map and the eyebones aren't anywhere to be found, maybe try holding down space around your base and find them that way (game sometimes makes them invisible when dropped, and the ladle is a little funky in the fact it doesn't stick out as much). Very weird.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50