Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

The New High Society
Why would Spy need this?
The Soldier and Demoman have the B.A.S.E. jumper because of their explosive jumps. Why would Spy need this? It doesn't make much sense to me. Unless the stats are very good, this weapon would not be needed in my opinion.
This weapon would be much better (again, this is just my opinion) as a melee for the scout, or maybe even all class. I believe there is actually a workshop submisiion for an all class umbrella melee. I'll try to get the name/link. Thanks! Tell me what you all think. :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 147 comments
That's partly what I was wondering. I like the idea of an Umbrella Gun, and I appreciate that people are looking into the more real life examples of wacky espionage tools for Spy, but I just don't quite get how the "parachute" functionality would work for it.

The Spy doesn't get nearly enough air-time like the Soldier and Demo do to make use of it. Unless the drift and air-resistance was really ridiculous then I can't see any situation in which the Spy floating down from a staircase or ledge would be in any way practical.

Personally, I wouldn't mind this as strictly a primary gun for the Spy.
Last edited by ⚡Rancid Trombone⚡; 1 Dec, 2014 @ 9:46am
yeatlover2011 1 Dec, 2014 @ 9:47am 
That's what I thought. Your idea of getting rid of the second "open" model and just having the gun would be a great idea. Thanks.
yeatlover2011 1 Dec, 2014 @ 9:51am 
Oh, and I can't get the links to work, but in the workshop there are two submissions for umbrellas. There is "The Practical problem solver," and "The Deadly Umbrella." These two submissions make more sense to me, but the animation isn't quite as good.
So he can be the Penguin. Duh.
yeatlover2011 1 Dec, 2014 @ 10:00am 
Can't argue with that.
Semi Circles 1 Dec, 2014 @ 10:32am 
Why not? Why does the pyro, a class that sets things on fire need a shotgun that was originally only for the soldier?
yeatlover2011 1 Dec, 2014 @ 10:56am 
Because the pyro can airblast enemies up, making it maybe even a better weapon for the pyro than the soldier. They both use the shotgun. The pyro and the soldier are both offense classes which share similar battle tactics (Depending on items. the reserve shoooter is a *perfect* exmple.) The list goes on. This umbrella makes no sense.
Sorry, that sounds aggresive. Thanks for posting.
Ash 1 Dec, 2014 @ 10:57am 
Because it works better for pyro?

However, the thing is this would actually be very useful for spy for escaping situations or getting to places spy wouldn't normally get to, sure he doesn't have something to boost him upward like the soldier or demo, but if he can get to a high platform he can slowly glide his way to other areas, other thing is Dead Ringer + being shot at with explosives = explosive jumping (if you know what you're doing). All in all a weapon like this would be great to use as a spy, the gliding function could open a new way to kill some enemies.
Last edited by Ash; 1 Dec, 2014 @ 10:58am
yeatlover2011 1 Dec, 2014 @ 11:01am 
I see your point! That actually makes a lot of sense. I think Valve has been adding easier to use weapons though, and this would take a lot of skill. If you don't believe me, take the base jumper, air strike, tide turner. Thanks
Double_axle 1 Dec, 2014 @ 11:06am 
An invis flying spy, how can none of you see it?
yeatlover2011 1 Dec, 2014 @ 11:12am 
That's true. The idea reminds me of that Star video where he went soldier-spy. Again, though, as I said to Joel, Valve has been adding easier to use weapons. Do you really think any unexperienced player would be able to make use of this item? I personally don't.
Mikydiot 1 Dec, 2014 @ 11:53am 
Hello, im a skillled spy and I might give few reason why this can help.

It might help for trick stabbing. I belive that when your are on air players cant really know when your going to close the weapon and this is why it can help

another reason is that many players dont look up.

when you rocket jump it makes sound so players can know when someone is above them
this weapon is not described to have sound so this is another reason.

This weapon might be good for escape if you train yourself to do that.

Swgmaster11 1 Dec, 2014 @ 12:18pm 
1.you could escape a situation if you have a pyro nearby.
2.if your a pyro you can play spyball with the spy.
3. you could sneak behind enemy lines easier
mauricioxdxp 1 Dec, 2014 @ 1:06pm 
mary poppins
spenj 1 Dec, 2014 @ 1:52pm 
What if the spy was INVISIBLE while he was floating down? You could come in from the air, which would be totally unexpected. Or, if you have the Dead Ringer, you could be hit by a Demo's stickybomb and float back onto land. Not to mention it looks really awesome.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 147 comments
Per page: 1530 50