Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

The New High Society
RockSpoon 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:00am
Stats, amended from OP.
OP:
Base jumper when deployed, clearly cannot fire when deployed.
Friendly pyros can give an initial airblast push.

My suggestion:
+200% reload time. (It IS in an umbrella).
100% accuracy. (It's as long as a rifle).
-15% damage.
No random critical hits, crits on headshots.
Umbrella can be shot down by enemy fire.
Last edited by RockSpoon; 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:41am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 246 comments
Relinrag 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:10am 
Sounds good.
Loterus™ 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:13am 
nah.
Toasted Bagel 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:15am 
The crits on headshots, base jumper, reload speed, accuracy, only brought down with 15% damage?

Way too overpowered.
Should be a one-shot gun with moderate accuracy.
Has the base-jumper stat.
100% reload speed to make up for the one shot.
More damage than normal, maybe 25%, because it has one shot and it looks like a rifle.
Pyros can airblast you.
If an enemy pyro airblasts you, it is deployed wether you like it or not.
Nico 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:16am 
Maybe, but i don think so
Drucifer (Banned) 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:23am 
Why not make the crits on headshot a Mini-Crit to avoid making it sound like an overpowered Ambassador?
Last edited by Drucifer; 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:23am
Swagman Dan 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:24am 
Originally posted by Toasted Bagel:
The crits on headshots, base jumper, reload speed, accuracy, only brought down with 15% damage?

i think he means with +200% reload speed that it takes 200% longer. cause otherwise it would be OP
RockSpoon 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:25am 
Originally posted by schnitzel_V:
Originally posted by Toasted Bagel:

i think he means with +200% reload speed that it takes 200% longer. cause otherwise it would be OP
That's what I meant, I'll change it to reload 'time'. Sorry.
Relinrag 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:40am 
But if a friendly pyro can airblast you, wouldn't they just spam you next to a wall?
RockSpoon 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:42am 
Key word from the OP is 'initial'. Besides, you could simply close your umbrella and hop down.
Wingding Jones 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:43am 
Here's my idea:

PROS:
+Works like Base Jumper while deployed
+33% Clip Size [8 Ammo Loaded]

CONS:
-80% Reload speed (1.8 Seconds)
-29% Firerate (0.75 Seconds)

These stats would force the user to rely more on their knife, and be more sneaky.
Youth in Asia 28 Nov, 2014 @ 8:48am 
I Think It Should Be One Shot Gun Also Slower Reloading, Working As BASE Jumper, More Damage Coz Its Rifle, More Accurate, But This Crits On Headshot??? It Aint Second Ambassador Maybe Mini-Crits On Wet Enemies Well Its Umbrella Right???
trash beast 28 Nov, 2014 @ 9:40am 
How about this? The initial stats seem fine, I mean, you just have to keep an eye out to kill the spy, which is basically what you do to kill any spy.

Mouse2 = open umbrella
Once the umbrella is opened, you jump high and fall slowly and don't gain much momentum while falling. No fall damage is taken. However, you can only switch weapons once you land, and you cannot cloak in the air.
Being burned will cause your revolver to burn, and will respawn in 10 seconds.
-30% damage
-10% shooting accuracy

This will allow the spy to get to places where he could ambush enemies, and makes him less reliant on his cloak and bullets and enourages the stealth a little more. It's a little hard for me to explain it, but it feels this'd add strategy. Just try to simulate how the spy could use this against an enemy engineer, and how it could get him to the enemy lines quickly. It's still pretty easy to beat him, considering you just have to stay alert. The only difference is now you have to worry about a spy with a beak jumping on your back and stabbing you. I dunno about you, but despite there already being rocket jumpers and bird scouts, I think the eagle spy would be an okay addition. Also, the spy is more vulnerable to pyros, which seems like a fine balance.
Last edited by trash beast; 28 Nov, 2014 @ 9:42am
Starchaser 28 Nov, 2014 @ 10:17am 
noreal point to have slow falll as a sphee:smile:
mush 28 Nov, 2014 @ 10:25am 
Originally posted by SlimeToastCrunch:
Here's my idea:

PROS:
+Works like Base Jumper while deployed
+33% Clip Size [8 Ammo Loaded]

CONS:
-80% Reload speed (1.8 Seconds)
-29% Firerate (0.75 Seconds)

These stats would force the user to rely more on their knife, and be more sneaky.

W.. Wh.. Why would an umbrella have a bigger clip size xD
Youth in Asia 28 Nov, 2014 @ 10:56am 
Hey why everyone thinks its a gun maybe it will be a knife???
dont suggest by images
try to think about that stats!!!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 246 comments
Per page: 1530 50