Total War: WARHAMMER III

Total War: WARHAMMER III

Vampire Coast Expansion: Pirate Life
999999999999  [developer] 17 May @ 8:22am
Pirates of Sartosa
?????????
I am NOT familiar with the lore but I do want to keep this faction loreful
Everything I added and plan on adding is based on what other people told me about Sartosa
I leave this discussion open because like I said, I don't know ♥♥♥♥ about this faction
you can offer units that are loreful to sartosa here
dwarfs, ogres and humans or whatever

Undead Features
she is not undead but at one point she was??
  1. Raise Dead mechanic - removed; It IS possible to remove the button only for human lords and even make it available when it has an undead hero, I am just not sure if it's that important
  2. Post battle saving of undead units - still available
  3. Gets tricky: THE FACTION is no longer immune to undead attrition and no longer immune to living attrition, if everything is set right, undead units will suffer attrition at living areas and living units will suffer attrition at undead areas
Added Features
  1. Bribery -Sartosan forces can bribe units in the pre battle screen. The costs are manipulated with a lot of hidden and visible effects. The Bribed units STAY after battle
  2. Contracts - (Yep the feature from Ogre culture); uses a reworked script (dosen't affect vanilla ogres), formula for rewards completely changed and added new factors, no longer relies on proposer wealth, no longer chooses closest over strongest, money reward is based of the target's strength
  3. Black Market - currently just an extended item shop, will be replaced with a better feature
Cleansing Undead
  1. ALL vampire generic lords removed
  2. ALL vanilla buildings removed
  3. ALL undead units will be removed from Generic Sartosan Lords (not enough non undead units are available so currently its just a portion of undead units removed)
Loreful Additions
  1. Added 4 generic lord subtypes, each has access to unique shipbuilding templates and combined they have 3 non undead rosters
  2. Added new buildings with no vampire effects
  3. Added a lot of units
Last edited by 999999999999; 18 May @ 12:45pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Reu 17 May @ 4:04pm 
Sartosa is supposed to be a all mortal faction
Aranessa herself was opposing the VC, only reason why she has them in TW is because they didn't really want to turn her into a sub culture, she herself never really goes undead
Hey, sorry for the inconvenience... He finds that with Sartosa I actually have the black market but I do not have the contracts tab. So I do not use this features which is very frustrating because the corsair contract mechanics is perfect for pirates.... How can we have access to this mechanism. I cannot invoke swordfish on the battlefield. I want to specify that I also use the Sartosa Overhaul mods with Birds of Paradise (I find it too cool as a unit because it still allows to vary the living roster of Aranessa... Making his crew a hybrid of a multitude of faction) The 2 mods (Pirate life and Sartosa Overhaul) have undeniable advantages for Aranessa is it possible to have a submod allowing a correct operation between the 2 mods? Thx for your work
999999999999  [developer] 18 May @ 11:33am 
@Reu ive been told she was undead at some point and thats what CA wanted to do with her
i inted to remove the undead units and maybe add special units as rors
this dosent really renew anything for me, as you can see i added a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of units for her to replace the undead
"ALL undead units will be removed from Generic Sartosan Lords (not enough non undead units are available so currently its just a portion of undead units removed)"

@TanakaOda its not a bug report discussion
one of the mods you use probably override campaign_hud.twui
try removing ui mods
as of other sartosa overhauls.. i specifically said that its a problem, all of the sartosa buildings were replaced by new ones
if you really want a unit you can describe it here and i will try to add it

right now i dont have any ideas for new units which is why i opened this area
theres a human, dwarf and ogre options
describe whatever is loreful and i will add it
preferably artillery
Last edited by 999999999999; 18 May @ 11:34am
Reu 18 May @ 11:40am 
Originally posted by 999999999999:
@Reu ive been told she was undead at some point and thats what CA wanted to do with her
i inted to remove the undead units and maybe add special units as rors
this dosent really renew anything for me, as you can see i added a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ of units for her to replace the undead
"ALL undead units will be removed from Generic Sartosan Lords (not enough non undead units are available so currently its just a portion of undead units removed)"

@TanakaOda its not a bug report discussion
one of the mods you use probably override campaign_hud.twui
try removing ui mods
as of other sartosa overhauls.. i specifically said that its a problem, all of the sartosa buildings were replaced by new ones
if you really want a unit you can describe it here and i will try to add it

right now i dont have any ideas for new units which is why i opened this area
theres a human, dwarf and ogre options
describe whatever is loreful and i will add it
preferably artillery
Whoever told you that lied to you, prior to her appearing in WH2 she was just assumed dead, she’s a mutant from Norsca who joined an alliance, the point of my post isn’t really to tell you to do anything in particular, just answer the confusion of her being undead at any point
@Reu she was almost certainly planned to be an undead lord but CA changed their mind about it. Look at her in the promo art for curse of the vampire coast. https://i.imgur.com/4jHLY4E.png

But regardless this mod keeps her alive so it doesn't really matter what CA intended to do in the beginning
I'd relabel this discussion as I was 100% sure when I clicked that this will clarify compatibility with Nanu's "Pirates of Sartosa" mod (yep, that's its exact name, like the title of this discussion).

A user that really knows what they're talking about should also report how those 2 mods work together.... I know you're saying "not compatible with other VCoast mods" but you won't realistically be able to stop users from trying it I bet 80% of the people who activated your mod AND read the description were like "well, I'll at least try turning that mod off on"... And I wouldn't be surprised if they mostly work together <3

Anyway: Keep up the great work, brother
Possesed 22 May @ 4:12am 
Not having heroes is kinda annoying. Getting only one contract and then having it be cancelled puts the mechanic on the 10 turn cd, making it horrible.
999999999999  [developer] 22 May @ 4:47am 
@sigmars_disciple theres a compatibility thread for that
@Possesed heroes are not disabled for sartosa
based on what people said sartosa shouldnt recruit undead heroes
but, the confederated undead LLS can still recruit heroes from their ships
i can make custom heroes but humans without magic are pretty bland
about the contracts
everything you said is vanilla
i didnt limit the contracts to 1 per trigger
getting deals require being at peace with a faction and being in diplomatic contact with who they fight
i actually increased the amount you can get to 5 deals per trigger
Last edited by 999999999999; 22 May @ 4:48am
Alecazam 13 Aug @ 4:52pm 
Question, are the Pirates or Sartosa not supposed to be able to recruit heroes?

They also appear to be missing most of the artillery options added to the mod
Alecazam 13 Aug @ 6:43pm 
oh I think i"m starting to get it. I've gotta bribe the ♥♥♥♥ outta enemy heroes.

Edit: cannot actually level or equip heroes after briber
Last edited by Alecazam; 13 Aug @ 7:34pm
999999999999  [developer] 14 Aug @ 8:07am 
i dont want to make custom heroes for sartosa but she shouldnt recruit undead heroes either
you can recruit undead heroes through the ships of confederated coast LLS
and about artillery, she already has 4 custom models
and with the faction feature you can make them very strong
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50