Skybox is missing and there's no lighting
https://imgur.com/8SxJbv3

This is on a fresh gmod install with only maps as addons
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Toxxic 19 Jun @ 1:21pm 
happening to me also
Cyan  [developer] 19 Jun @ 1:42pm 
Didn't see this until now, sorry. The skybox, I don't know about why that would be missing. It is a Counter-Strike: Source skybox, but it should be included in the addon. If you have CSS, is it mounted or unmounted from the game?

As for the lighting, the map only has HDR lighting to save on download size (it would add probably around 100 Mb). I know how it is to not have a super fast connection or a ton of disk space and made this decision because it seemed like a worthwhile tradeoff. If you hate HDR then you can disable bloom and set the exposure minimum and maximum to 1, but that's not how the map is supposed to look anyway.
I have CSS but don't have it installed. I also forgot to mention that it worked fine previously.

Thanks for the reply!
Cyan  [developer] 20 Jun @ 10:10am 
And thanks for your patience!

Ok, I unmounted everything except Half-Life 2, made sure the skybox is not in my garrysmod/materials/skybox folder (it was so I removed it). Skybox is still showing up in the game, when I use the whereis console command gmod says it's coming from the GMA file.

Going to try updating the map with the skybox both in the GMA and packed into the bsp. If that doesn't fix it I don't know what will.
armpit2011 20 Jun @ 10:22am 
Did you update it already? I tried it now and after turning HDR off and on it works fine! Also idk if that's just for me only but you forgot to set the thumbnail in gmod[i.imgur.com]. Anyways thanks for the help :steamhappy:
Cyan  [developer] 20 Jun @ 10:39am 
Oh damn, you commented that before I changed anything. Yeah I guess that did it then, no idea unless there is some kind of caching going on. Glad the map looks right for you now. Also the icon should be fixed as you mentioned, for some reason I had it named as icon.png rather than gm_cyan_dreampools.png :steamfacepalm:
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50