Arma 3
Proelium Altis
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
BM  [developer] 6 Jan @ 3:00am
Troubleshooting
Please report any issues within this thread or on our Discord[discord.gg]

Very often issues are caused by mods that interfere with scenario functions. Therefore, we recommend to choose mods that are less impactful a/o elaborate.

Warnings
These are not exactly bugs, but they require attention:
  • You should also know that Proelium relies exclusively on official content, if you have not yet verified the integrity of the game files, do so before playing.
  • Transport helicopters could hit power lines. If the AI ​​decides to commit harakiri, try to convince it to give up by choosing LZs away from vertical structures.

Known Issues
Don't forget to also report which mods you were using:
  • Within briefing area, you may experience AI incorrect positions. In rarer cases, missing commander. It will be solved, in the meantime restart the server.
  • Simultaneously activated interactions can break the scenario. It will be fixed. For now, do not overlap in triggering an holdActionAdd.[community.bistudio.com]
Last edited by BM; 2 Jun @ 2:58pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Hi, I really like your mods, but I get stuck with a friend on a Patrol type of mission, we get in contact and after clearing all the village, the civilians stay in shock position without the ability to interact with them and the mission can't finish
BM  [developer] 6 Jan @ 6:13am 
Originally posted by TNK Kosvan~Majeck:
Hi, I really like your mods, but I get stuck with a friend on a Patrol type of mission, we get in contact and after clearing all the village, the civilians stay in shock position without the ability to interact with them and the mission can't finish
Ciao! Civilians will always panic if you shoot nearby. There is a system of let's say contagion where even if you shoot near a civilian, another civilian 300 meters away will slowly receive the same feeling of fear by panicking as well so you will end up with the whole village in a panic situation. As for the task, you have to patrol inside the red marker to finish it. If you go out of it, we stop the agreed time (which varies) in which you are supposed to guard the village. By entering the marker again, time will continue to run from the last time you left the said marker and the task can end.

However, if you are about to have a firefight with the enemy, then the patrol assignment should automatically change to "clear the area" or "leave the area."
Last edited by BM; 6 Jan @ 6:15am
Originally posted by BM:
Ciao! Civilians will always panic if you shoot nearby. There is a system of let's say contagion where even if you shoot near a civilian, another civilian 300 meters away will slowly receive the same feeling of fear by panicking as well so you will end up with the whole village in a panic situation. As for the task, you have to patrol inside the red marker to finish it. If you go out of it, we stop the agreed time (which varies) in which you are supposed to guard the village. By entering the marker again, time will continue to run from the last time you left the said marker and the task can end.

However, if you are about to have a firefight with the enemy, then the patrol assignment should automatically change to "clear the area" or "leave the area."

Thanks for the explication, I may encounter a bug during this mission because I didn't get any task change, the panic can stop on the civilians ?
BM  [developer] 6 Jan @ 6:38am 
You're welcome, don't worry! Tell me better, did you spot the enemy inside the village when you got there, or did you suffer an attack? The panic situation is irreversible, also because after a firefight the game invites you either to leave the area as mentioned or to clean it up and then report to the commander. At that point the civilians are only a side dish. Last question, have you played with mods this session or in previous ones?
Originally posted by BM:
You're welcome, don't worry! Tell me better, did you spot the enemy inside the village when you got there, or did you suffer an attack? The panic situation is irreversible, also because after a firefight the game invites you either to leave the area as mentioned or to clean it up and then report to the commander. At that point the civilians are only a side dish. Last question, have you played with mods this session or in previous ones?

I didn't see any contact on the village, there was several squads of ennemis around how attack me, I just had time to talk to 2 civilians before they all get in panic, and after clearing the area (I stay 10-15min in the village after the last contacts) the mission was still going on in the village with the same "patrol" task
BM  [developer] 6 Jan @ 6:46am 
I understand. There are two possibilities, either you were attacked by a random patrol (sometimes you find enemy patrols but they are not massive attacks) and therefore since it was not an organized attack the Task was still standing. Or a mod you used broke some Proelium feature. Did you and your playing partner continue to patrol inside the marker at the end of the firefight?

Patrolling inside the marker, by both players, is what causes the task to end as mentioned earlier.
Last edited by BM; 6 Jan @ 6:49am
We have some mods but only JSRS for the sounds and some supress effects, we did return inside the area for several min, we even check all houses and bodies inside the village and no task changing, but after that I done another Patrol missino without any problems
BM  [developer] 6 Jan @ 8:13am 
Thanks to these reports we will have the opportunity to solve any issues. About your situation is the first time I've read it. I'm assuming you restarted the scenario, since you tell me it never asked you to go back to base. You were very accurate with the report, thank you again for your patience.
Your welcome, thanks for your reactivity, and thanks for this awsome mods :)
onestar 7 Jan @ 2:40am 
Someone already mentioned it. but the minefield task was also bugged for me. I had the mine detector and two AI's with me, the area is not that big but I scoured every inch of the marker and found no mines. Probably the randomized amount was either 1 or maybe 0?
BM  [developer] 7 Jan @ 2:43am 
Originally posted by onestar:
Someone already mentioned it. but the minefield task was also bugged for me. I had the mine detector and two AI's with me, the area is not that big but I scoured every inch of the marker and found no mines. Probably the randomized amount was either 1 or maybe 0?
Hi onestar, whoever mentioned something about the area said that he found his only mine. We will investigate anyway. Did you suffer attacks during the task? I assume you checked edges etc.
BM  [developer] 7 Jan @ 3:16am 
I advise you to use the square brackets "[" or "]" when you have a mine detector with you to help you with your search, I find it very useful. To tell you about my personal experience in the testing phase, it sometimes took me a while to find that single mine, even though it seemed apparently quite easy.
onestar 8 Jan @ 3:35am 
Originally posted by BM:
Hi onestar, whoever mentioned something about the area said that he found his only mine. We will investigate anyway. Did you suffer attacks during the task? I assume you checked edges etc.
Yeah I specifically took the mine detector from the arsenal, before the op. Hmm, I searched for maybe 5-10 minutes, with the AI team also (hoping they could spot it too). I did not get attacked, but did check immediate surrounding edge, also a shed/house object. Probably there was 1, but didn't get lucky.
BM  [developer] 8 Jan @ 4:57pm 
Originally posted by BM:
Yeah I specifically took the mine detector from the arsenal, before the op. Hmm, I searched for maybe 5-10 minutes, with the AI team also (hoping they could spot it too). I did not get attacked, but did check immediate surrounding edge, also a shed/house object. Probably there was 1, but didn't get lucky.
Onestar I wanted to thank you and confirm that you were most likely right. Your report made us investigate the task. What could have happened was that one of the devices could spawn 15 meters beyond the edge of the marker. We solved this problem also thanks to the fact that you took the time to notify us. Thank you very much and I'm sorry you had bad luck in Proelium on that occasion.
BM  [developer] 8 Jan @ 5:06pm 
Originally posted by BM:

I didn't see any contact on the village, there was several squads of ennemis around how attack me, I just had time to talk to 2 civilians before they all get in panic, and after clearing the area (I stay 10-15min in the village after the last contacts) the mission was still going on in the village with the same "patrol" task
Kosvan I also thank you for such an accurate report and for your time. I'm sorry that you encountered an issue with "Patrol the village". In this version your and we can say all the other issues reported during the first week are solved. Your next task was not assigned to you automatically and thanks to you we first investigated and solved the small matter that was not triggering it. Thanks again.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 28 comments
Per page: 1530 50